BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2012 11:38 am  #21

Re: The weather

We don't get a solar eclipse here in the UK until 13 November this year so I am really jealous. Even then it's only a partial eclipse. We probably won't see much as I bet the sky will be cloudy! The next decent solar eclipse will be on 20 March 2015. If we are keen I guess we could get up really early for the next decent lunar eclipse here which will be September 28th 2015 from 03.11 until 05.27. We get all the rubbish times!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2012 4:05 pm  #22

The weather quite nice is my part of the UK (near Essex).
I just bought myself an ice-cream!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 22, 2012 6:46 pm  #23

Same part of the world Molly! Actually really quite hot weather today. The ice cream sounds like a splendid idea. The beach would have been nice today too. Sadly I had neither!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2012 6:59 pm  #24

Sometimes I do wish I lived on the coast...     

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 22, 2012 8:56 pm  #25

The weather has been amazing today! So damned hot...sadly it meant I was unable to wear my blue scarf.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 28, 2012 4:26 pm  #26

Aargh! Thunder! Here come the summer storms!! 

May 28, 2012 6:31 pm  #27

All clear again now. Quite noisy for a while though! Donner und Blitzen!

May 28, 2012 7:11 pm  #28

Yay, I'm in shorts again, it's been a whole year and I really didn't realise how lovely they are!
I'm also wearing Flip-Flops and have painted my Toenails to celebrate the fact!!!

May 28, 2012 7:46 pm  #29

It has been July for a couple of weeks on and off now! The kids who live in the other half of the unit are playing in the sprinkler jet outside my patio door.
It's Memorial Day, a holiday for most people in the US, so that's good!
We last had July for a fortnight in March. Then we had February for a while. Plants were very confused.
People just shrug and say 'That's Michigan weather for you'!

It's amazing how often weather here and that in the UK where my Mum lives resemble one another.  But living between two lakes we have a lot of thunderstorms/rain (last one on Saturday morning).

Time for another cup of tea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 28, 2012 8:16 pm  #30

We had July in February this year for a week or so too!

May 31, 2012 9:34 am  #31

Australia was recently declared drought-free for the first time in 10 years. It's all down to El Nino or La Nina. The inland floods from earlier this year are slowly making their way to the ocean. Give it a few years and we will be back in drought. What a weirdly wonderful country! Why don't you all move here, we have plenty of room!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 9:39 am  #32

hepzibah wrote:

Why don't you all move here, we have plenty of room!

But not much water! LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 16, 2012 2:23 pm  #33

OH WOW!

Just read about the impending storms in the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-once-in-50-years-883219

Britain is braced for yet more flood misery as a “once in 50 years"  storm is set to hit the UK tomorrow.

Flood warnings have been issued in parts of England and Wales with a month’s worth of rain and winds of up to 70mph expected in the next 24 hours.

After a dry period of respite for many parts of Britain yesterday, the wet weather is set to return this evening and get worse going into tomorrow as a slow-moving area of low pressure brings thundery showers and strong winds.

The pictures that go with the story make it look like one of our summers.

Stay safe everyone please.

(Yes yes, I am going to bed now, lol)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 2:57 pm  #34

Since 2006 during every international football cup we watched at least one match on the terrace complete with barbecue etc.. In 2010 I think we spent the whole four weeks outside with a small TV placed on the windowsill. But this year - rain, cold, cloudy skies - what a shame .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 16, 2012 9:53 pm  #35

Yes, I was thinking about the UK weather.
It's nearly Wimbledon time so it stands to reason that it'll be raining heaps over there, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 2, 2012 11:33 am  #36

We've got 'real Winter' weather here this week; blech Down to 5C in the mornings; not sure I will survive it. Here's hoping it's only for this week!
Luckily it will get to a Max of 18C during the day, still cold but I will manage it I guess.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 3, 2012 12:54 am  #37

kazza474 wrote:

We've got 'real Winter' weather here this week; blech Down to 5C in the mornings; not sure I will survive it. Here's hoping it's only for this week!
Luckily it will get to a Max of 18C during the day, still cold but I will manage it I guess.

Wow, lucky you - you wanna change?

Here in Vienna we currently have about 30 degrees (Celsius) at night - that's just terrible!!
Tody I'm on night duty and I'm glad I'm not allowed to sleep - it wouldn't work anyway.... 

July 3, 2012 6:10 am  #38

I'll swap the 30degrees for the dull, wet, not even warm weather we are having. Yesterday it poured with rain and it is supposed to do so again today and tomorrow. We had the wettest April and June on record (since 1910). The hay making is delayed, most farmers have not even had a first cut yet. Really, it is too depressing. We have passed mid-summer's day and we don't seem to have had any summer to speak of yet. The other day was about 30 degrees though but ridiculously humid. It was unbearable.

July 3, 2012 7:22 pm  #39

Oh, it's quite nice weather at the moment. I guess about 26-27°C. That's pleasantly warm but not too hot.

July 14, 2012 10:31 pm  #40

I dunno what to do about the weather.   No  rain since april,  just heat,  and then some.   you know I've only gone swimming ONCE  tho?   we have a public pool  but  it costs a dollar to get in.  I'm saving my money.  Then we have this creek,  which is free,  but COLD!!!   anyway,  today it's hot,  but it's in the  90's,  thank goodness. 

Not a cloud in the sky
got the sun in my eye
and I won't be surprised if it's for me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera