BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2014 9:17 am  #321

Re: The weather

Davina wrote:

Nothing like a breath of French air!

Actually, now that spring is in the air I'm going to re-watch my entire series of Darling Buds!!!!

Today is another lovely day and the temperature is so pleasantly mild (for the time of year). I think I shall plant a load of bulbs today!

I hope the weather is lovely for everyone else too!!!

February 26, 2014 10:58 am  #322

It's so sunny and warm out I bet you could go outside without a coat on. How awesome is that? Spring is here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 11:26 am  #323

Bah, it's still freezing cold here, looks all sunny and warm, but it's definitely not!!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 27, 2014 7:37 am  #324

And now it is raining...AGAIN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 27, 2014 7:44 am  #325

It's really foggy here! I wasn't too hooked on crossing the busy road this morning; I couldn't see the cars and they for sure couldn't see me either!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 27, 2014 9:15 am  #326

Davina wrote:

And now it is raining...AGAIN!

Yep, Monday was GLORIOUS, Tuesday and Wednesday not too bad...but the winds and rain have now returned and I'm battling the leaks in my ancient wooden conservatory - eeeeeeek!!!!

February 28, 2014 4:51 am  #327

Guhh…  It was finally starting to warm up a little, now supposed to drop again, plus get snow this weekend?  No more!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 28, 2014 8:12 am  #328

The fog is back again, and this time even thicker... took me 10 minutes to cross the road. I couldn't see the cars at all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 28, 2014 1:12 pm  #329

Russell wrote:

Guhh… It was finally starting to warm up a little, now supposed to drop again, plus get snow this weekend? No more!

Your weekend snow is supposed to be our Monday snow, and ugh. Not warming up here, though-- normal temps of mid to high 30Fs are only 10F here this AM as I write this, and the wind chill, brrrr!  It's the old saying about March, in like a lion, out like a lamb, I guess.  Me, I could do with a few lambs. Baa.

February 28, 2014 1:14 pm  #330

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

The fog is back again, and this time even thicker... took me 10 minutes to cross the road. I couldn't see the cars at all! 

Fog is so dangerous. Only thing worse than daytime fog is nighttime fog, when you're out in the car and trying to see anything at all.

February 28, 2014 1:23 pm  #331

Winter gloooooom has returned once more.

February 28, 2014 4:17 pm  #332

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Yeah. It's not over 'til it's over, as they say. But one thing I do love is the return of daylight. It doesn't get full dark until about 5:30 here now, and back in mid-December, it was dark by 4:15. We're getting there.

February 28, 2014 4:57 pm  #333

It's a gorgeous day, here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 28, 2014 5:07 pm  #334

ancientsgate wrote:

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Yeah. It's not over 'til it's over, as they say. But one thing I do love is the return of daylight. It doesn't get full dark until about 5:30 here now, and back in mid-December, it was dark by 4:15. We're getting there.

Yes, I totally agree! The extra daylight really lifts your spirits even when the weather is naff!

February 28, 2014 5:09 pm  #335

besleybean wrote:

It's a gorgeous day, here.

Can you send some sun down to Suffolk please!!

February 28, 2014 5:18 pm  #336

The sun always shines in Scotland!
Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 1, 2014 12:27 am  #337

Lovely yesterday even though the Met Office forecast rain (fools!) but today...rain, wind and bloody freezing! Horses had a duvet day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 1, 2014 8:23 am  #338

I got up this morning  and thought: ooh 1st March, I'll go into t shirts.
Opened the curtains to see the hardest frost we've had in ages, so back to the long sleeve tops.
I'm sitting here with the heater on at the moment!

March 1, 2014 11:27 am  #339

Yep, the temperature has plummeted again today. Got to expect it though since this is technically still winter! Last year we had heavy snow at Easter!

Today is dull and chilly and showers are forecast. But I hope it stays dry long enough for me to plant some more bulbs.

Davina - hope the horses are warm and snuggly in their duvets and that their poor feet are much improved!

Hope everyone has a half-decent weekend weather-wise!

March 1, 2014 11:42 am  #340

The sun is blasting through the window now...
I have my washing out and I'm just about to put the guinea pigs out.

Board footera