BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2013 1:21 pm  #241

Re: The weather

It is beautifully warm here today and has been that way pretty much the last few days. It will be getting colder again next week though! Noooooo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2013 10:46 am  #242

ancientsgate wrote:

erunyauve wrote:

horserider99 wrote:

We might get to 80 degrees(fahrenheit) some time this week. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad that it's going to be "hot".

I have no sympathy.  We have snow again today.  The next person who says, 'But we need the moisture!' will have a bucket dumped on their head.

And don't you love it, when someone says, "It's so pretty!"  OMG, maybe it was pretty back at Christmas, but not in mid-April.

And, oh yes, we're on track for the coldest April since the 1800's, when they started tracking.

So much for global warming.

Well, actually, it is all about global warming.  Last week, we had one of our inversions, where the snow backs up against the mountains and it just snows for three days.  Except that it didn't snow for three days - we got some sleet and rain in the mix, and the pavement was too warm for most of it to stick.  That's been happening for about six years now.  Back in 2006, when we had our double blizzard in December, the New York office of the company that had newly acquired us panicked, thinking, 'OMG, Denver's going to be closed all the time!'  Well, actually, no.  We only missed two days that year, and we haven't had a single snow day since.  (New York, on the other hand....)

Even in December/January, they'll predict snowmaggedon, but it starts out too warm and it doesn't stick.  Or it'll snow and then turn to rain, so we only get a foot (30 cm), which is barely enough to cool a Hobbit's toes.  And then we've got to slog to work again.

I'm just hoping the snow is done, but I'm not counting on it - we do get snow in May.  (And June, some years...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

April 24, 2013 3:01 pm  #243

For once I can't complain, as I'm sitting on our balcony, the sun is shining, and I'm happy that the WLAN works out here.
Lovely!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 24, 2013 3:05 pm  #244

It's very warm here - I need to wear shorts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 25, 2013 7:29 am  #245

Seriously considering unleashing my legs again today- I wore Capri pants yesterday (cut of mid-calf shorty things). Definitely Spring here at the moment, blossom on the trees, camellia in full bloom, daffodils, bumble bees and I heard my first cuckoo of the year yesterday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2013 4:37 pm  #246

Beautiful day here in Utah, USA!  Sunny with no clouds; high supposed to be around 60 degrees F.  Forsythia, daffodils, tulips, bleeding hearts in glorious bloom. And, the best parts:
1-My ankle has healed and I can walk without crutches or cane and I was able to ride my bicycle 21 miles yesterday.
2-Series 3 is filming!
YAHOO!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

April 25, 2013 4:57 pm  #247

Whoop! Glad to hear you are healed. Forsythia here too and sweet magnolia blossom. It has been sunny and very warm again today.

May 5, 2013 10:14 am  #248

Beautiful weather in Poland. It's sunny and warm (abou 25 degrees).  

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

May 5, 2013 11:35 am  #249

Lovely and warm here too. So nice, in fact, that I bathed a pony this morning. 

May 6, 2013 1:51 am  #250

Davina wrote:

Lovely and warm here too. So nice, in fact, that I bathed a pony this morning.

Pony picture?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 6, 2013 7:07 am  #251

Ooo! I'll try and see if I can work out how to post a picture of the old girl. This might take some time!

May 7, 2013 3:30 am  #252

It's been a bit warm for my taste, but it's making my plants grow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

June 18, 2013 12:42 pm  #253

On the radio they keep talking about the hot weather. 24 hours, every 4 or 5 minutes.
Yes. It is summer.   So what!?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2013 12:54 pm  #254

Mattlocked wrote:

On the radio they keep talking about the hot weather. 24 hours, every 4 or 5 minutes.
Yes. It is summer. So what!??

We've had much milder weather this year than we have the past two years.  The biggest difference is that we are actually getting rain (the first year in forever that I can't plant a garden, lol).  We are staying in the high 60's-low 80s F (20-27 C).  On the plus side, my potted dwarf meyer lemon tree is doing fantastic :D  Hoping to get a good crop of them this year

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 18, 2013 5:56 pm  #255

Mattlocked wrote:

Yes. It is summer. So what!??

I hear you!  I especially like how they talk about snowstorms here in the winter.  They hype it like we live at the equator and have never seen snow before!  The winter Olympics were held in this state a few years ago.  What so you expect!!!!

June 18, 2013 6:53 pm  #256

Oh yeah, winter. Two snowflakes, OMG, what shall we do?? People will have questions! Just like last year. And the years before.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2013 9:13 pm  #257

Mountain Momma wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

On the radio they keep talking about the hot weather. 24 hours, every 4 or 5 minutes.Yes. It is summer. So what!??

I hear you!  I especially like how they talk about snowstorms here in the winter.  They hype it like we live at the equator and have never seen snow before!  The winter Olympics were held in this state a few years ago.  What so you expect!!!!

TV is made up of a bunch of talking heads these days-- lots of reporters in the studio, lots of reporters in the street stuck in front of a camera, lots of hours of news programming to fill, on it on it goes. So when a storm or heat wave comes along, it makes easy, cheap filler-- something to do, something to say.

We all have our on and off buttons, not to mention those channel-changing ones, so we don't have to listen. Like me, I cannot abide TV commercials-- here in the US, about 20 minutes of every hour is made up of obnoxious advertising. So I use my DVR to record everything I want to watch, and then I sit down and watch, using my fast forward button to skip over the ads-- helps my sanity.

June 20, 2013 11:22 am  #258

Raining. It's terrible. The streets are flooded, the buses aren't driving. I just arrived at home and I'm totally wet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 20, 2013 6:36 pm  #259

Mary Me wrote:

Raining. It's terrible. The streets are flooded, the buses aren't driving. I just arrived at home and I'm totally wet.

Same.
And now the sun is shining again.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

June 20, 2013 9:08 pm  #260

Lily wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Same.
And now the sun is shining again.

It's been like that all day the humidity is so horrible. It rains heavily, dries up, gets sunny for about 15 minutes and then clouds over. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's like trying to breathe through a wet dishcloth on your face (I would not advise trying that one.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

Board footera