BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2013 8:02 am  #221

Re: The weather

Spring's coming! Sunshine and 22° C on Sunday. Can't believe it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 10, 2013 8:32 am  #222

Lucky you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 10, 2013 2:37 pm  #223

Horrible here today. Should be better a bit later but a Pacific storm coming in for the weekend! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2013 7:04 pm  #224

It was fine on North Gower Street!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 11, 2013 8:00 am  #225

It's fine here, a bit overcast, but I haven't been outside to see it. I'm mainly both a little bummed and excited that it's starting to get a bit colder every day though. I love winter clothing and cold days, but it's being cold at night that I'm not a huge fan of.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 12, 2013 6:47 pm  #226

It's raining. It's been wet and raining all day, with cloudy intervals. Boring weather, but it's warmer than it's been for a while! Spring may be finally arriving at last (one and a half months late...) 

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 12, 2013 11:55 pm  #227

It is snow, snow, snow, snow, snowing here today!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2013 7:17 am  #228

Jeez, it was nice here earlier but am now not so sure!

April 13, 2013 9:16 am  #229

It's been raining all day. Apparently. So I was told, I've been asleep all day.

There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 13, 2013 5:30 pm  #230

I was walking around wet London streets, with a broken shoe!

April 17, 2013 9:16 pm  #231

It's an amazingly beautiful day, I think. It looks to be through the window, anyway.
But the last few days have started out seemingly stunning, and have ended with severe thunderstorms in the late afternoons/early evenings.
So we'll see if this keeps up...

April 18, 2013 2:17 pm  #232

Windy windy here today.

April 18, 2013 3:47 pm  #233

The wind has snapped my clothes dryer in two!

April 18, 2013 4:04 pm  #234

Sunny in the morning, rainy just before home-time (so my bike got wet ), and now it's sunny again!

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 18, 2013 9:42 pm  #235

A tree lost a big branch on the golf course. It had snapped off! The Met Office forecast was light showers. So we had high winds, torrential rain and hail. Great forecast again guys!

April 19, 2013 8:22 pm  #236

I stopped listening to my forecasters. It was nice(for here and this time of year) yesterday, but today it's rainy, slightly windy and kind of chilly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

April 20, 2013 2:13 pm  #237

Beautiful here today. Bright, sunny, and hardly a cloud in the sky. Going to be frosty again overnight though. Tha ends the forecast. Oh, except the daffodils are out as well...I like daffodowndillies.

April 23, 2013 12:45 am  #238

We might get to 80 degrees(fahrenheit) some time this week. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad that it's going to be "hot".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

April 23, 2013 10:33 am  #239

horserider99 wrote:

We might get to 80 degrees(fahrenheit) some time this week. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad that it's going to be "hot".

I have no sympathy.  We have snow again today.  The next person who says, 'But we need the moisture!' will have a bucket dumped on their head.  We're something like 20 inches (50 cm) above normal for the year.  (And yes, we still need the watering restrictions because there are still too many people for the water supply and we have to let some of it out of the state.  Otherwise, they won't be able to wash their driveways in California and the Midwest...well, they really don't need more of our water in the Midwest.  Just wait until the spring snowmelt begins in earnest.)  And, oh yes, we're on track for the coldest April since the 1800's, when they started tracking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

April 23, 2013 10:52 am  #240

erunyauve wrote:

horserider99 wrote:

I have no sympathy.  We have snow again today.  The next person who says, 'But we need the moisture!' will have a bucket dumped on their head.

And don't you love it, when someone says, "It's so pretty!"  OMG, maybe it was pretty back at Christmas, but not in mid-April.

And, oh yes, we're on track for the coldest April since the 1800's, when they started tracking.

So much for global warming.

Board footera