BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2014 1:05 am  #1

No

This may be old news but I just caught it while re watching this episode. In the restaurant ( the first one) when sherlock jumps back into John's life Mary says, " But you're dead".
To which sherlock replies "No,".
Mary then says, " You jumped off a roof"
Sherlock again replies "No."

So .... Didn't leap off the roof at all ? Or just trying to hush her up so he can get back to dealing with John ?

I guess it doesn't really matter but I found it interesting that I never noticed it before and was curious if anyone had any thoughts about it.

July 10, 2014 4:06 am  #2

Re: No

"You jumped off a roof..." I consider an incomplete sentence. Mary actually means  "...which caused your death."  Sherlock is too bored and impatient to listen to this old story (as is the audience).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 10, 2014 6:15 am  #3

To me, the third explanation in TEH was as close to the real one as we'll ever get, so I'm pretty sure Sherlock did jump off the roof.

July 10, 2014 6:36 am  #4

tobeornot221b wrote:

"You jumped off a roof..." I consider an incomplete sentence. Mary actually means  "...which caused your death."  Sherlock is too bored and impatient to listen to this old story (as is the audience).

That's how I understand it too. He knows Mary's deductions and just cut her off.
THAT he jumped is quite obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera