BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2014 6:40 pm  #1

Sherlock UK

Hi:

I'm an  American fan and new to this site and am interested in talking with UK fans about their perspectives on the show.  Any takers?

July 6, 2014 8:14 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock UK

Go ahead, here are fans of all places and continents. Warm welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 7, 2014 1:26 pm  #3

Welcome to 221B! Have fun!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 7, 2014 3:32 pm  #4

What I find fascinating about the appeal of Sherlock is that American television shows are so boring and typical in comparison.  The Sherlock/John theme would NEVER be explored or played with to the level it is on a BBC show...

July 7, 2014 3:57 pm  #5

Welcome, MASK, look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2014 7:50 am  #6

Welcome and I wish you a wonderfull time here!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

July 8, 2014 10:35 am  #7

What I love about British shows is that they're usually a lot more down to earth and less "glossy" than most American TV shows. And in some ways they're maybe also a bit more prone to trying something new and innovative, whereas I feel most US shows follow the same concepts and rather go with what they know than try out something that's not been done before.

July 8, 2014 10:42 am  #8

Well, there is also HBO 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 8, 2014 4:38 pm  #9

Welcome to the forum, MASK!
I really have become a fan of British television and especially productions by the BBC.
Nevertheless I have also seen some pretty amazing US shows recently (well, more or less recently). "House of Cards" comes to mind (and okay, I know it has been done for the internet), "Boardwalk Empire", "Hannibal", "Six Feet Under", "Lost", "24".... I'm sure there's more and I'm just forgetting about it right now.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 8, 2014 9:17 pm  #10

Welcome to the forum, MASK 
I watch both British and American productions. When I want a new story and complicated characters - like TeeJay said, BBC. Pure entertainment and lots of episodes - US  I symplified it but it's not far from truth for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 8, 2014 11:00 pm  #11

Yeah, I like both too.

Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera