BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2014 8:04 am  #101

Re: Possible "dark twists" in S4

It woudn't be unexpected, by those reading the books, i suppose... 

But i can see loads of other dark twists apart from someone death. 

July 14, 2014 8:11 am  #102

I read the books ages ago. Can't remember that much to be honest. But if you are involved in fandom you simply know about Mary's death in canon, don't you? So Moftiss' announcement in this direction wouldn't make any sense ... unless something dark follows Mary's death ...

Last edited by gently69 (July 14, 2014 8:12 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 14, 2014 8:16 am  #103

...or something dark is connected to her death. Someone already mentioned this, either in this thread or in another one, John or Sherlock could be responsible for her death somehow, which then again might lead to problems between the two of them... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 14, 2014 8:17 am  #104

Hang on, are we talking about different things here and I really don't remember what the statement said, but I thought the ' dark twists' and ' unexpected ' were about different things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2014 8:18 am  #105

Or it's a double bluff. We expect her to die, so it would be no surprise, so we DON'T expect her to die and hence they kill her off ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 14, 2014 8:20 am  #106

Ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2014 1:37 pm  #107

I still like the theory I read the other day that linked CAM to Mummy through his use of fire and her knowledge of combustion and which posited that perhaps Mummy would be the antagonist in series four. That would be a hoot.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 14, 2014 1:57 pm  #108

Hmmm...

July 15, 2014 8:21 pm  #109

Wow so many dark and brilliant theories out here :D
Well as we all know Mary doesn't live long in the ACD canon and since it is hinted at in the canon that she died during childbirth that to me at least is a possibility.
However since I am also shipping a Moriarty return (the real one played by Scott though) I think it would be- well for the lack of a better word 'interesting'- to have him come back and be somehow involved in Mary's and her child's death. I know that would be very cruel to John but also very intense and would definetly take Moriarty as the arch-enemy to a new level.

Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels.

July 16, 2014 6:56 am  #110

This theory also sounds very interesting. But somehow I can't get used to the idea of Moriarty returning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 16, 2014 7:48 am  #111

Even if it wasn't really Moriarty who died?
Anyhow.
I'm currently toying witht the idea of Mary being killed off in the special episode...though not very Xmassy!

July 16, 2014 7:53 am  #112

Or Moriarty has a twin who wants to avenge his brother's death ... Hmm ...

And you are right, anybody's death isn't very suitable for Xmas. But it's "Sherlock" ...

Last edited by gently69 (July 16, 2014 7:54 am)

(Tony Hadley)

July 16, 2014 8:42 am  #113

True!

July 16, 2014 9:03 am  #114

Well, if they do the Christmas Special in a way they usually do the "Doctor Who" Christmas Specials, then it might be something really different - and even with a christmassy feeling. In DW the Christmas Specials always take place at Christmas, and although we already had some episodes where we did see them 'celebrate' Christmas (ASiB, HLV), they might just give us even more of that. A case that somehow has to do with Christmas - is there something like that in canon? 
And then maybe they will save the darkness and the unexpected twist for S4... "Sherlock Into Darkness"... 

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 16, 2014 9:04 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 16, 2014 10:12 am  #115

Yes there is, The Blue Carbuncle!  Isn't that set at Xmas?

July 16, 2014 10:19 am  #116

My knowledge about canon is ...

"Sherlock into Darkness! ... love that.

(Tony Hadley)

July 16, 2014 10:28 am  #117

Oh YES!

July 16, 2014 12:13 pm  #118

gently69 wrote:

My knowledge about canon is ...

"Sherlock into Darkness! ... love that.

London Will Fall!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 16, 2014 12:30 pm  #119

Sherlock Will Rise!

July 16, 2014 5:46 pm  #120

You all err. This will be the ultimate dark twist of S4: 

It would be Sherlock´s devilish payback for John´s marriage.
And nobody will expect that until it happens! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera