BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2014 6:34 pm  #1

Benedict Calendar 2015

Apparently, you can now buy Benedict Cumberbatch calendar for 2015:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Benedict-Cumberbatch-2015-Calendar-Dream/dp/B00JPJJZ62

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 5, 2014 4:26 pm  #2

Re: Benedict Calendar 2015

2 months till my birthday.      Just saying......................................

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 6, 2014 9:46 am  #3

Just gonna say this and then you can make your own choices, but this is again not an endorsed product. Also, those photos are all over the net. Whoever made this calendar is trying to profit from BC's name, and other people's photography.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 6, 2014 2:04 pm  #4

Thank you Wholocked.   I honestly didn't realize that.
I'll stick with the official Sherlock calendar.  Which I have already pre-bordered!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 8, 2014 5:32 am  #5

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 8, 2014 10:22 am  #6

Sorry Solar, but no. It's not. Again, look at the image choices. They're all over the 'net.

Official merchandise is generally linked on the http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/shop/

If you assume any "Benedict Cumberbatch" merchandise is unofficial and unendorsed you'd probably be right about 95% of the time. He's not a model; he doesn't promote himself like that.

If he did release a BC calendar, it would probably be for charity.

ETA: In fact he doesn't promote himself at all. He promotes his work and in the process of that gets asked about himself in interviews etc, but the point is to promote the project.

Last edited by Wholocked (July 8, 2014 10:27 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 15, 2014 2:06 pm  #7

Hi there

Hope you do not mind us commenting but we saw this post and thought should clarify that we at Danilo have the license and are the official publishers of Benedict Cumberbatch's (and Sherlock's as well) 2015 calendar. The Forbidden Planet link is indeed a correct link to pre-order his official calendar, or you can pre-order it directly from us at danilo.com which includes free UK delivery(worldwide delivery is available) and you will get it as soon as it is released in August 2014. We also have a pre-order pack when you can get both the Sherlock and Benedict Calendars together saving you money.

Thanks so much

July 16, 2014 6:49 am  #8

Well there we go. I stand corrected...and surprised

July 16, 2014 12:19 pm  #9

Danilo Calendars UK wrote:

Hi there

Hope you do not mind us commenting but we saw this post and thought should clarify that we at Danilo have the license and are the official publishers of Benedict Cumberbatch's (and Sherlock's as well) 2015 calendar. The Forbidden Planet link is indeed a correct link to pre-order his official calendar, or you can pre-order it directly from us at danilo.com which includes free UK delivery(worldwide delivery is available) and you will get it as soon as it is released in August 2014. We also have a pre-order pack when you can get both the Sherlock and Benedict Calendars together saving you money.

Thanks so much

Good job for letting us know!  Thank you.  We really do try not to deal in unlicenced stuff.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera