BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2012 11:26 am  #1

Happy Birthday HRH

86 years and still going strong!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 4:53 pm  #2

Re: Happy Birthday HRH

Happy birthday HRH! =D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 21, 2012 6:20 pm  #3

We've got the Diamond Jubilee celebrations first weekend in June.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 22, 2012 6:22 am  #4

God save the Queen!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 22, 2012 8:53 am  #5

Well, happy birthday to Her Majesty 

The "diamond jubilee" is because her 60th aniversary as Queen, isn't it? She's about to match the reign of Queen Victoria, am I right?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 22, 2012 8:59 am  #6

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, happy birthday to Her Majesty 

The "diamond jubilee" is because her 60th aniversary as Queen, isn't it? She's about to match the reign of Queen Victoria, am I right?

60 years is correct.

Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years & 216 days . so another 3 years yet. I am sure we will all celebrate that one too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 22, 2012 9:34 am  #7

Speaking of Queen Victoria, there is a new website just 'opened' today "Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee Scrapbook".

http://www.queen-victorias-scrapbook.org/

Fascinating stuff.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 22, 2012 11:19 am  #8

I can't wait for the jubilee because we're having a typical brittish street party complete with balloons, tea, trangle sandwich's and BBQ's! =)

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

June 7, 2012 4:24 am  #9

Isn't it HM   and not  HRH?   HRH   would be for the Duke Of Edinburgh and other members of the royal family,  right?   I'm an american,  but I have ALWAYS loved this royal family!!   I've been able to watch some of the diamond jubilee celebrations...I  have a scarf  souvenier  marking the queen's golden jubilee in  2002!!   I also have HM  keychain with her head upon it.  Happy 60 years, Your Majesty!!   (curtseys to queen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 7, 2012 4:57 am  #10

Her Royal Highness. This formal title is used for children of past and present Sovereigns, the grandchildren in the male-line and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales.
You will find that title on many items bearing Queen Elizabeth II 's name.
Her Majesty would be used in the 3rd person and if addressing Her Majesty one would always use "Your Majesty" in this instance.
A HM keychain? How utterly wrong!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 5:34 am  #11

Oh I don't know. You could keep the keys to The Tower of London on it or Buckingham Palace or the Corgis' treasure chest (full of doggy treats).

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 5:37 am  #12

Lol, no I meant having the initials HM on it, doesn't make sense at all.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 12:20 pm  #13

kazza474 wrote:

A HM keychain? How utterly wrong!

That reminds me of William Cecil, the American-born but British-raised owner of the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina (our only real palace...). When the estate was first being opened to guests, some suggested having a gift shop for camera film, postcards of the house, etc. Mr. Cecil finally relented, but drew the line when someone suggested they sell Biltmore T-shirts. He thundered, "I'll be damned if I'll sell underwear! There are some things a gentleman just does not do."

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 7, 2012 4:46 pm  #14

I meant that I had a key chain with her majesty's face on it.   it doesn't have the initials HM  on  it,  sorry  bout that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 7, 2012 8:30 pm  #15

I think a key ring with a member of the Royal Family's head on it might be more of a French thing.

Board footera