BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2014 5:43 pm  #161

Re: Riddles!

Yes Sebby!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2014 3:01 pm  #162

This one I used in a story that I'm writing: you can have it but cannot hold it, gain it and quickly lose it, I want from you, you want it from me, to happiness and friendship it might be the key, if treated with care it can be great, and if betrayed it will break.

August 3, 2014 3:04 pm  #163

The heart!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 3, 2014 6:12 pm  #164

Aw that's a beautiful answer but not what I was looking for!

August 3, 2014 6:14 pm  #165

Respect or trust?
Sorry, that's 2 answers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2014 6:20 pm  #166

Trust?

Edit: I must have been stuck on the last page.   Just saw you'd already had that guess, Besleybean!  Great minds think alike, eh?

Trying to think of another one, but all I've got at the moment is "promise".  That fits with breaking, but not very well with the rest.

Last edited by Liberty (August 3, 2014 6:33 pm)

August 3, 2014 6:22 pm  #167

Love?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 3, 2014 7:53 pm  #168

Trust is right! Great minds, indeed!!

August 3, 2014 8:05 pm  #169

Ok well this is a real life example, that I actually meant to tell a little while ago.
I was driving a visitor home one day and we got stuck behind a really slow bus.
It wasn't a regular bus on a normal route, it was one that has been chartered for use because of the Commonwealth games.
Now I had no idea where it had come from, where it was going, or who was on it.
It's speed didn't change, neither did it's road position and there was no signal...I couldn't even see the driver..
On the road it was possible to go Left, Right, or straight on.
We were going right.
How was I able to say to my passenger in complete confidence: don't worry, it's going to turn left before we need to turn right?

Last edited by besleybean (August 3, 2014 8:06 pm)

August 3, 2014 9:02 pm  #170

If it was going towards the Commonwealth games/Glasgow, then you would know where it was going.  If it was coming from the Commonwealth games, then you would know where it had come from.  If you didn't know, then how did you know it had been chartered for the games?  Maybe you knew the route and the buses so well, that this one stood out, or maybe it had signage which made it obvious?  And in addition, there was no obvious route either to or from the games.  Just thinking aloud, and maybe this has no relevance to my guess, which is ....

I live next to a railway bridge, which large vehicles tend to get stuck under unless they avoid it.  That made me wonder if there were low bridges ahead and to the right.  If it was a double decker bus, then that's my answer.   If it's a coach, then it's time for a rethink .

Last edited by Liberty (August 3, 2014 9:03 pm)

August 3, 2014 9:08 pm  #171

A road bridge, but yes!
It was a big bus and to either go straight on or right, it would need to go under the bridge.
The Left turn was before the bridge.
I recognised it as one of the buses that were used for the games and buses don't usually go up that road.
It was the shooting being held near us.
I could have gussed the bus had come from the range and was taking people to the nearest city, but I didn't know! It had just left my town when I saw it,.

August 3, 2014 9:22 pm  #172

That was a great question, Besleybean!  Really made me think!  The first part was just me thinking aloud, before I realised that the key was the road, not the bus.  But thank you for the explanation of how you knew!  I haven't been following the games and thought they were all being held at the same location, but obviously shooting would be somewhere different.  I should have thought of that .

August 3, 2014 9:24 pm  #173

We have an army firing range, just down the road.

September 15, 2014 4:41 am  #174

I'm sorry for not posting anything lately, I was very busy with studying. 

I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. What is it?

September 18, 2014 5:04 pm  #175

I wanted to say something like "silence", but doesn't seem to quite fit…   
(nice to see bring this back again!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 18, 2014 6:22 pm  #176

Sorry, but it's not silence, it's something that can be touched! ;)

September 18, 2014 6:49 pm  #177

A tick

Last edited by Liberty (September 18, 2014 6:51 pm)

September 18, 2014 8:54 pm  #178

Not what I was looking for, but I think that's a very good answer too!!

September 29, 2014 6:58 am  #179

I've just about given up but .... a spider in your hair?  A stone in your shoe?  A thorn in your foot?  Ok, they're getting increasingly unlikely now

Last edited by Liberty (September 29, 2014 6:58 am)

September 29, 2014 7:08 am  #180

The one with the thorn is the closest! But the word I was looking for was: a splinter

Board footera