BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2014 7:22 pm  #1

Hi there everyone.

A big Sherlock Holmes fan and particularly Sherlock fan of Swedish decent although I lived in London for ten years before work and finances forced me to return to the motherland. I am coming over this summer though and will be at the Regents Park picnic. I am 33 years old in a weeks time, I work as an English teacher and in my spare time I read, write, play the violin, cook and play with my two little black cats. I am culture obsessed and love to study, I have managed to accumulate three and a bit degrees by now and I have no intention of stopping until I drop dead. Although at the moment I am a bit distracted by Sherlock and the writing of fan fiction. Yes I know it can be a bit sad at times but really Sherlock is just the ultimate form of fanfiction, after all Gattis and Moffat wrote it based on someone else's great work so if they can write fanfiction and get away with it I will write fanfiction based on their fanfiction... Ok that may have sounded a bit convoluted but so what... Anyway, look forward to getting to know you all.

June 25, 2014 9:18 pm  #2

Re: Hi there everyone.

Welcome to the forum!
I think no one should be ashamed for writing fanfiction - it doesn't do any harm to anyone and provides enjoyment to the writer and other fans. And you're right, BBC Sherlock is one big fanfiction
I hope you have a good time here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 25, 2014 9:25 pm  #3

Hi, warm welcome from me as well. And you do know we have a thread for the fanfiction writers on this board, don't you?
Feel welcome to post your works there. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 25, 2014 9:29 pm  #4

Welcome to the madness, Guinevere. Hope you have fun. I love reading fanfic and have written some very short ones myself. You will find lots of recommendations and can post links to your own fics as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2014 9:36 pm  #5

I can only attest to that. Absolutely no shame in writing or reading fan fiction. You're in good company here. I'm currently working on a Sherlock & Mary centric HLV-related story (not as a pairing). I'm one of the few non-Johnlock writers, though I understand the notion and read the occasional Johnlock story if it piques my interest plot-wise.

June 26, 2014 5:36 pm  #6

Hej hej! Welcome to the forum. Sweden is a country I really want to visit. Now my nephew is with a young Swedish lady (albeit in London at the moment) there is a greater chance of this happening. Have fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera