BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2012 9:55 am  #1

Please help Sherlock

When Sherlock gets back to civilisation, he's got a lot of catching up to do! Now if his phone is broken or missing he will have to rely on his mind palace if he wants to call anyone.

So I think we could help him here by making a Sherlock's Personal Phone Numbers Book.

There are quite a few phone numbers shown throughout all the episodes. Some are quite easily read, others take some time.
I thought we could make a list of those we find.

Oh also, some brave soul in the UK might get bored one night & try ringing some of them.

So. I am trying to decipher John's number in 'Pink'; you can see it when he tries calling the cabbie, I'm having probs getting a good screen cap of it. My eyes are a little tired of late & my daughter has borrowed my DVDs so I have to use the computer to watch any episodes at the moment. This makes things a little more difficult for me.

Here's the screen cap I have so that anyone who watches knows which numbers need 'filling in'.

So we have 07517??0531   I think???
No doubt there's probably other times where we see his number also but I have only just started this project.

Please feel free to post all others you find along the way. No doubt they are all 'dead' ones, just like in the old movies all numbers started with 555 _ _ _ _ lol.

It's the least we can do to help ease Sherlock back into society.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 10:00 am  #2

Re: Please help Sherlock

Nice idea, Kazza!

I just found this one:
Richard Brook (via The Mountford Agency)
020 7946 0749
020 7946 0750

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 21, 2012 10:16 am  #3

What about the dead girls number in Study In Pink? It can be seen when the cabbie texts Sherlock to go with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 21, 2012 10:23 am  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

What about the dead girls number in Study In Pink? It can be seen when the cabbie texts Sherlock to go with him.

Ah, more interesting info for use elsewhere:
jennie.pink@mephone.org.au  (password - rachel in case anyone wants to hack a dead fictional person's account)

+447955905099

Now if a cabbie answers, hang up fast - oh best not use YOUR phone to call that one!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 10:31 am  #5

What is Sherlock's own number? Apparently it's on his website. He might be able to call it to locate his old phone.

April 21, 2012 10:34 am  #6

Gimmee a break, I just started this idea,lol!

Yes no doubt we will see many numbers except where the brilliant screen writing is all we see of messages.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 10:39 am  #7

Hehe, I would go and look myself but too lazy and on the train. Will do it later!

April 21, 2012 10:42 am  #8

Yes well that's why I posted this idea. I figured everyone will be watching & rewatching episodes all over the place so 'many eyes make light work' If I did them all myself, I could turn into a zombie. There's only so many times you can watch some bits before the eyes just glaze over.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 11:38 am  #9

It isn't on his website! He lies! It states that if you want his help you have to write to him at 221B Baker Street or via John's blog. However Kirsty Stapleton has contacted him through the forum on his website about her missing rabbit.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 21, 2012 11:43 am  #10

I think Davina he changed the site to read that after it was evident that people were not interested in the tobacco ash etc. He got cranky and closed off contact & diverted it all to John's site.
Childish tantrum moment. I feel like slapping him.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 21, 2012 12:42 pm  #11

John's number in Pink is

Sherlock's number in Pilot is

+44 7544680989

...and the cabbie calls from

+44 7955905099

I'm not sure whether he uses Jennifer Wilson's phone or his own.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (April 21, 2012 12:51 pm)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 24, 2012 8:45 am  #12

tobeornot221b wrote:

I'm not sure whether he uses Jennifer Wilson's phone or his own.

Ahh, I already listed Jennifer's number, so yes the Cabbie IS using her phone.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 24, 2012 8:50 am  #13

John                        07517890531  (now there's an interesting phone call)
Sherlock              +44 7544680989  (that is of course unless the phone was broken/thrown away/lost)

Not sure he'd need to call himself however. Pointless giving him Jennifer's or the Cabbie's; they're kinda not answering calls these days,lol.

Well, we haven't found much have we?
May have to watch for when he gets calls/texts from Mycroft, although they usually just say his name.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 24, 2012 8:26 pm  #14

this is quite a clever idea ill have to keep my eyes open

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

June 13, 2012 1:47 am  #15

tobeornot221b wrote:

Nice idea, Kazza!

I just found this one:
020 7946 0749
020 7946 0750

I think I saw a blog out there somewhere where the writer said she sent an email to Richard Brook's address which she could make out on the screen.  They were ready for it and she received an out-of-office message something like "Sorry I missed your email but I'm out of the country right now, etc"  I thought that was kind of cool.  Has anyone tried calling these phone numbers?  Are they real?

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 13, 2012 1:54 am  #16

KeepersPrice wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Nice idea, Kazza!

I just found this one:
020 7946 0749
020 7946 0750

I think I saw a blog out there somewhere where the writer said she sent an email to Richard Brook's address which she could make out on the screen.  They were ready for it and she received an out-of-office message something like "Sorry I missed your email but I'm out of the country right now, etc"  I thought that was kind of cool.  Has anyone tried calling these phone numbers?  Are they real?

The email address & other juicy items are listed & chatted about here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=34

What's that saying? "Been there done that, got the T shirt"

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 12, 2018 1:19 pm  #17

Calling Jennifer Wilson's number gets you a real voicemail inbox belonging to O2, but there is no greeting but you can leave a message.

Calling Sherlock's number in the 'Unaired Pilot' gets you a voicemail inbox belonging to Tesco Mobile, where again you can leave a message.

Calling John's number that appears on Jennifer Wilson's phone also gets you a voicemail inbox with Tesco Mobile.

August 12, 2018 9:19 pm  #18

That's surprising. Usually phone numbers used on television programs and in films are numbers that don't actually exist. At least in American films, they always use "555" as the three digits after the area code, and no real phone numbers use that.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera