BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2014 7:13 am  #101

Re: What non-Johnlock ships do you ship?

Punch me in the face wrote:

I'm completely obsessed by their relationship which I find very complex and interesting. I love the tension between them and the constant bickering, but I also love how much they care for each other, even though they wouldn't admit it (except the "Your loss would break my heart" in HLV which earned me a fangirl's nosebleed )

I absolutely agree with you that they have a fascinating and complex relationship. And in the course of the show it got more and more interesting. In S3 I loved all of their scenes together, and I can definitely understand that one might be obsessed with their relationship.
For me it never will be anything else than a fascinating and sometimes quite amusing and also quite sad relationship between brothers, but I'd never call anyone a black sheep who sees more in it. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 30, 2014 11:59 am  #102

I can simply never get past the incest taboo.  It makes me a bit queasy.  But to each his own.  I know there are poeple who get queasy at the thought of Johnlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 30, 2014 12:07 pm  #103

Isn't it interesting?
I have no problems with incest at all.
Between consenting adults, nothing is a problem for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 30, 2014 12:38 pm  #104

Same opinion and nothing to add as well.

June 30, 2014 6:50 pm  #105

besleybean: Yes, I was kidding about Jim/Martha  I was serious about Holmescest though.

I ship it for all the reasons I stated above, and I've never had any problem with brotherly incest in fiction (I think than even if it's fiction, I'd find a parent/child --even if the child is an adult-- or sister/brother relationship more disturbing, I think that's because there's the possibility of a baby behind)

Mycroft is my favourite character. I'm fine with the way he is treated in the show, and I rather like the fact that he is alone (well, until I am proven wrong at least. I think that he has at least more experience than Sherlock as far as love and sex are concerned) but to fullfill my own fangirlish fantasies, I enjoy imagining him in a relationship, and I just can't imagine him with anyone but Sherlock.

I've always had a thing for love/hate relationships and battles of sarcastic comments, so that might explain a bit. Plus they know each other so well, they know how their respective minds "work" and I like to imagine that until John appears on the scene, they only had each other ("family is all we have in the end" hehe)

I love to imagine there was more than a "simple" brotherly relationship (just because it adds more drama to my fantasies ) and I love to imagine Mycroft feeling both relieved when John arrived (because John has a good influence on Sherlock and because, friendship or more, Sherlock is happy with him and Mycroft wants his brother to be happy) and heavy hearted (because he kinda "loses" Sherlock and Sherlock doesn't need him as before).

Therefore, when John gets married, I love to imagine Mycroft is both upset (because he knows that it makes Sherlock sad, and because he's probably afraid that Sherlock turns back to drugs) and guiltily happy because he knows Sherlock will look for his company ("I'll be seeing a lot more of you from now on. Just like old times", I feel a hint of nostalgia here). As a matter of fact, in the Empty Hearse, Sherlock wants to play with him (operation, deductions...) instead of kicking him out of the place like he usually does.

Also, I know people have different interpretations about the TSOT call scene between the bros, saying that Sherlock only wanted Mycroft around because they knew something was wrong about Mary or stuff like that. Well, could be. But I still like to believe Sherlock wanted Mycroft around just for the sake of having him around, because he needed comfort, and not just regarding his speech.

I see their "love" more as one sided though, I think Mycroft deeply needs Sherlock, and is a bit too obsessed by him (okay, it's perfectly normal that, as an older sibling, you want to protect your young brother and keep an eye on it, but Mycroft goes very far to do that, and whenever Sherlock is in "danger"/trouble, he abandons everything --while he is supposed to be one of the busiest persons of England-- to come as quickly as he can). Mycroft doesn't seem to have close friends, unlike Sherlock.

On the other hand, in my own fantasies, I love to imagine Sherlock turns to Mycroft whenever he needs to be comforted and Mycroft, despite feeling like a stopgap, greets him with open arms because there's nothing he wouldn't do for Sherlock.

Well, you get the point, I think

Just like old times...

June 30, 2014 7:05 pm  #106

I suppose they are such a 'different' family, anything would be possible...but they both seem so asexual.
Male/Female incest was more of a problem in the past, when sex almost definitely resulted in pregnancy and in-breeding isn't really positive for the gene pool.
But for 2 adult men, no holds barred.
Though yes, I can see 'power' issues with parent and(obviously adult) child etc.
I often thought Mycroft may have had a relationship with Harry the equiry!

Last edited by besleybean (June 30, 2014 7:06 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2014 4:22 pm  #107

I'd just like to throw it in there that my favourite Sherlock ship is one that's completely made up - John with the reincarnation of the mantelpiece skull who has come back to life as a fully functioning human being.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 7, 2014 4:27 pm  #108

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'd just like to throw it in there that my favourite Sherlock ship is one that's completely made up - John with the reincarnation of the mantelpiece skull who has come back to life as a fully functioning human being.

Brillian!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 8, 2014 4:11 pm  #109

I don't ship anything, although Johnlock seems to be... most fitting.

I think I could become fascinated by Irene/Mycroft, but so far I haven't checked it out... *ah right, now I know how to spend the time until the worldcup game*

About the skull... I always imagined if Sherlock would have given his things away before playing dead, Molly would have gotten the skull... he never gave her a proper christmas present, and she would appreciate the skull, more than others...
maybe I should ship Molly/skull... *wondering if there's fanfic about it??*

Last edited by Whisky (July 8, 2014 4:14 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 8, 2014 5:48 pm  #110

Whisky wrote:

I don't ship anything, although Johnlock seems to be... most fitting.

I think I could become fascinated by Irene/Mycroft, but so far I haven't checked it out... *ah right, now I know how to spend the time until the worldcup game*

About the skull... I always imagined if Sherlock would have given his things away before playing dead, Molly would have gotten the skull... he never gave her a proper christmas present, and she would appreciate the skull, more than others...
maybe I should ship Molly/skull... *wondering if there's fanfic about it??*

No!  The skull belongs to Oliver!   *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera