BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2014 6:12 pm  #1

Benedict narrates Cristiano Ronaldo documentary

It'll be out on Monday, here's a link to the trailer:
https://twitter.com/cumberbatchweb/status/477868552129884160

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 15, 2014 12:33 am  #2

Re: Benedict narrates Cristiano Ronaldo documentary

The things that man can make me take interest in... Football?? I HATE football... but you know, I found myself listening intently to that trailer...

You have to love his narrations! Like my aunt said, he is very good at pronounciations 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 15, 2014 6:40 am  #3

I love Football but really dislike Ronaldo.
Hmmm....I don't know if even Benedict's velvety voice could make me watch a documentary about CR...now, if Benedict was appearing in it....

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 15, 2014 7:50 am  #4

Yes, I also dislike Ronaldo. But I can't resist Benedict's voice. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 15, 2014 1:34 pm  #5

Tinks, I wouldn't watch, I'd just listen and do somethind productive, like watching Benedict's pictures

I'm not interested in football but I'm not intrested in F1 or cars either, yet for some reason, I happen to spend time watching Jaguar ads and F1 interviews

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 15, 2014 3:20 pm  #6

Imagine Benedict doing commentary on football matches - I will immediately start to love this sport

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 15, 2014 4:35 pm  #7

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

The things that man can make me take interest in... Football?? I HATE football... but you know, I found myself listening intently to that trailer...

You have to love his narrations! Like my aunt said, he is very good at pronounciations 

You know, he really is.  I've listened to so many audio things recently, (or did I mention I saw him at Hay?!?) I notice my pronunciation has improved too.  I'm suddenly so very British!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 15, 2014 5:44 pm  #8

I really like football and I love Benedict's voice - but why, oh, why Ronaldo? Great player but such a drama queen. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2014 7:15 pm  #9

Apparently Benedict plays a drama queen on "Sherlock", so that fits beautifully, don't you think?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 16, 2014 2:23 pm  #10

So, I with to add something to my post. My daughter told me that Ronaldo is actually doing a lot of deeds which is true. He has helped critically ill children and supported other people in various sorts of distress. This does not change the fact that he is a drama queen and often seems arrogant but now I feel better about the documentary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2014 5:30 am  #11

MartaSt wrote:

Imagine Benedict doing commentary on football matches - I will immediately start to love this sport

Oh my god.

June 17, 2014 6:33 am  #12

The waffle would never stop!! :D

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera