BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2012 1:24 pm  #1

Hi from Germany, fellow Sherlockians!

My name is Ani - I live a one hour's flight away east of 221b Bakerstreet.
I first came in touch with Sherlock series 1 when it aired here on German TV last summer.
I found it absolutely great.
I re-watched it some weeks later when it was repeated.
I still found it absolutely great.
I was happy that there would be a second series.
Then I watched the English DVD of series 1.
I wasn't prepared for the impact this would have on me:
It was like a completely different Sherlock - the original, incomparable voices of Benedict and Martin, the witty and intelligent writing added a depth to the series and its characters that due to the German dubbing voices had been lost.
I was totally smitten and still am.
I eagerly waited for series 2.
When it finally aired, the first two weeks of 2012 were like a ride on a rollercoaster for me.
At least I survived Reichenbach ;)

Meanwhile I've been re-re-watching all episodes umpteen times - and they are providing me with an awful lot of thinking when I'm bored, well, actually I'm hardly ever bored... But for me it's great fun to invent theories about how did Sherlock do it, find clues and "mistakes" and hints, connections and relationships.
Sadly, I don't have any discussion partners in real life on this topic.
In this point I feel a bit lonely.
Mabe you have the same feelings?
I'm looking forward to meeting you here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 12, 2012 4:56 pm  #2

Re: Hi from Germany, fellow Sherlockians!

Hello! Good that you found this site then! We all love to talk about sherlock (obviously XD ) None of my friends understands Sherlock either ( idiots! -.- )

Sooo Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 12, 2012 7:46 pm  #3

Hi there! Nice to meet you. We've got people from all over the world on here now...and the community is growing well, 15 members in 5 days...so keep spreading the word!! Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 12, 2012 8:30 pm  #4

Willkommen! Pleased to make your acquaintance. You are quite right about the voices, dubbing never works very well.
JW Oh please! Can we not do this this time!
SH Do what?
JW You being all mysterious with your...cheekbones and turning your coat collar up so you look cool.
SH I don't do that!
jW Yeah you do!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 12, 2012 9:00 pm  #5

Thank you all for your welcome! See you...laterz!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera