BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2014 1:13 am  #1

Christmas Bands

I know its not the holiday season but I felt compelled mention this. I’ve never been a big fan of holiday music but I do enjoy it when it is given an alternative approach. The two bands that I love that do this well are Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller. TSO tends to do rock–electric guitar variations on songs, while MS does variations that are from keyboard synthesizers.  So their music is worth checking out if you want to see a “new age” approach to X-Mas music.

June 8, 2014 12:23 am  #2

Re: Christmas Bands

Oh, but of course!  I honestly wasn't quite a 'diligent' fan of either, but was pleasantly fascinated when first came across years ago.  Aside from a handful of songs, I usually get tired of the same old holiday tunes, too… to mix classical and a more rock/electronic style like TSO does?  Loved it.  One of favorites remains Christmas Canon, and their version of Carol of the Bells. 
I was actually lucky enough to notice by chance that they were doing a 'final' tour of their concert "The Last Christmas" last December, and it stopped in the next city over, so that was our xmas gift to each other and my first time seeing them live.     Have you?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera