BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2015 3:09 pm  #61

Re: What's For Dinner?

Leek and potato pie, made by my fabulous cook husband!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2015 3:57 pm  #62

I've never been a big fan of pumpkin... but perhaps it's only because I didn't grow up with it and I was served a very tasteless pumpkin pie as a kid a few times.... 

But for tonight I foud a can of soup in a drawer, creamy tomato, added some macaroni and heated up yet another garlic bread! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (October 14, 2015 4:03 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 24, 2015 7:26 pm  #63

I was busy today and so I ate my lunch in a restaurant. It was an OK thing, but a bit tasteless and as all restaurant food, it was not that big on real nourishment.

So for dinner I decided on super-quick and very nourishing and tasty Indian recipe - Paneer Bhurji!

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/paneer-bhurji/

I ommited green and red chilli and used a bit of a smoked paprika instead, likewise I substituted an Indian cheese with normal cottage / curd chees. The food was ready in twenty minutes and I ate it with dark bread, to wipe out a tomato sauce with it. It was absolutely delicious, yum!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 24, 2015 7:59 pm  #64

Sounds wonderful - and great website, too! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2015 8:05 pm  #65

Harriet wrote:

Sounds wonderful - and great website, too!

Yeah, I recommend that website heartily - the lady conjures up the tastiest food literally out of nothing and it usually takes only a little time to cook. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 24, 2015 8:06 pm  #66

Do you make your own paneer?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 24, 2015 8:11 pm  #67

I usually substitute it or buy it from our local Indian place (they make some excess they are not using in their restaurant and sell it to the public). 

October 24, 2015 8:17 pm  #68

LOL, I do horrible things in the kitchen, and probably I will use feta cheese, bad bad me 

October 24, 2015 8:20 pm  #69

I've made paneer before, it was quite cheap and easy, although I made a huge mess of my kitchen!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2015 8:29 pm  #70

At the moment I don't feel too tempted to try - I'm afraid I wouldn't have the patience 

October 24, 2015 8:34 pm  #71

Harriet wrote:

LOL, I do horrible things in the kitchen, and probably I will use feta cheese, bad bad me

Feta is very overpowering and tasty, so if I was you, I would really use just "Quark" as it´s called in Germany:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(Milchprodukt)

October 24, 2015 8:40 pm  #72

Our quark is too soft, probably - and I wouldn't want to start pressing it for better consistence, which might work, though. (I told you, my kitchen skills are a mess 

October 24, 2015 8:44 pm  #73

In Slovakia we can choose between softer and firmer consistency, so I presumed it´s similar in Germany. But I think even softer quark wouldn´t hurt this particular dish - it would be only a bit more runny. 

October 24, 2015 8:47 pm  #74

No, here's just one basic consistency available, unfortunately - you are talking of Tvaroh, aren't you?
Wow, we are becoming experts now! 

Last edited by Harriet (October 24, 2015 8:50 pm)

October 24, 2015 8:50 pm  #75

Harriet wrote:

No, here's just one basic consistency available, unfortunately - you are talking of Tvaroh, aren't you?
Wow, we are getting experts now!

Yes, it´s called Tvaroh where I live. (You´re knowledgable, I´m impressed!) 

October 24, 2015 8:53 pm  #76

(Wikipedia is my friend  ... You can find there even the differences between German and Austrian/Hungarian/Slovakian soft cheese culture!!!)

October 24, 2015 8:56 pm  #77

Harriet wrote:

(Wikipedia is my friend ... You can find there even the differences between German and Austrian/Hungarian/Slovakian soft cheese culture!!!)

LOL, I must read it, it sound very interesting! 

October 24, 2015 9:00 pm  #78

I guess Sherlock would be proud of us, knowledge like this might be handy, some day! 

October 24, 2015 9:02 pm  #79

Harriet wrote:

I guess Sherlock would be proud of us, knowledge like this might be handy, some day!

Yep! 

October 24, 2015 9:05 pm  #80

"No, it was NO feta, it wasn't even Topfen or Tvaroh, it was Quark, soft and runny, which could only mean that the nephew couldn't have done it ..." 

Board footera