BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2014 9:31 am  #141

Re: This wedding is an extremely strange one!

Oh, don't cry. We at least have to thank Mary for the fact that because of her marriage with John we got to hear Sherlock say all those beautiful things to and about John. Okay, John also could have married a 'normal' woman and Sherlock would have said all those things as well... hmm... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 13, 2014 9:58 am  #142

Yes, but then chances would have been that he will never return to live in 221B. Looking at it like that Mary not being normal has definitely some advantages. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2014 10:42 am  #143

Very good point. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 13, 2014 11:15 am  #144

If I get nothing else I want from S4 John Watson MUST return to 221b!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 13, 2014 4:15 pm  #145

Surely everybody hopes for that!
Will the writers oblige?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 13, 2014 4:39 pm  #146

It's canon. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 13, 2014 4:50 pm  #147

Of course.
Woohoo...but next season?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 13, 2014 5:16 pm  #148

I hope so. I am not sure if the fans would be very happy to see them apart for another season. 

June 13, 2014 5:17 pm  #149

Mary has to die, right? Isn't that canon? Even if it weren't canon, there is no way that we can leave our John Watson in the hands of such a woman. She is NOT to be trusted, and I don't believe that Sherlock actually thinks that she is. He's in an awkward spot, though, isn't he? 

Don’t snivel, Mrs. Hudson. It will do nothing to impede the flight of a bullet. What a tender world that would be.

June 13, 2014 5:22 pm  #150

SusiGo wrote:

I hope so. I am not sure if the fans would be very happy to see them apart for another season. 

No, gosh, no, no seperation for another season! Just no! Feels awfully wrong. And as I already mentioned, a modern marriage and familiy is a bigger obstacle to that than a victorian one, there is more independence in strong women, they won't just endure what their husbands tell them to.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 13, 2014 5:46 pm  #151

No, but they can both get on with their own lives.
We'll have to wait and see

June 14, 2014 8:53 am  #152

You think so?

June 14, 2014 10:21 am  #153

Well, she is supportive in the first two episodes, but I don't see anything supportive whatsoever in HLV. She's annoyed from the start, snarky and clinging. And about the dynamics in Baker street: will the fans who like Sherlock and John to remain separated be bored after the next season as well, because than we would have two seasons with the threesome dynamic???

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 14, 2014 10:28 am  #154

I apologise, I think I am being extra thick this morning...I don't entirely follow you.
If I can say what I feel..
I never wanted John to marry and move out of Baker Street.
I knew it was going to happen, because of Canon and the Hiatus seemed the ideal time to do it.
Having said that, I like Mary and the threesome seem to be getting on fine.
But I would still prefer Sherlock and John to be back in Baker Street together.

Last edited by besleybean (June 14, 2014 10:29 am)

June 14, 2014 10:32 am  #155

Bb, my last post was rather answering Swanprides last post
And I'm happy we agree, that we prefer the Baker street dynamics. And the threesome getting along well? Shooting each other??? Well, what friends do...

June 14, 2014 10:40 am  #156

mrshouse wrote:

And the threesome getting along well? Shooting each other??? Well, what friends do...

You just don't get it, mrshouse. That's what friends are for. That's what makes a threesome work. Otherwise it just would be boring...! 

June 14, 2014 10:40 am  #157

Well, I'm taking the final scene of HLV as my starting point.
John and Mary together and Sherlock returning to join them.

June 14, 2014 10:42 am  #158

CSI Baker street, everybody in safe het land and no harm done.

June 14, 2014 10:45 am  #159

The threesome isn't canon.

June 14, 2014 11:54 am  #160

Oh nobody is saying it'll last forever.

Board footera