BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2014 12:10 pm  #1

hilarious

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2640067/Sherlocks-case-missing-sex-appeal-Scriptwriter-says-Benedict-Cumberbatch-nearly-rejected-role-not-sexy-enough.html

This has probably been spoken about before but I just found it now. I find it hilarious, considering what we now know in hindsight

June 1, 2014 12:37 pm  #2

Re: hilarious

I broke my own rule yesterday and ventured onto that site and saw that article - I've not been on there since, but it was written as though Moffat was at Hay, and that's where the remarks were made!
These comments will keep being recirculated, I think.
I don't know if I ever thought of Sherlock as a sexy character, anyway, to be honest, so it wouldn't have been important to me even if the  Actor cast wasn't "sexy enough"!
Personally, though, I'd like to see Benedict get some credit for what he's done with the role - his actng, and his bravery in bringing something a bit different to the performance.

Last edited by Tinks (June 1, 2014 12:38 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 2:06 pm  #3

Agreed, there may be a lot of talk about how he wasn't considered sexy enough but what about being a good enough actor to pull off this iconic role??  I put this link on another thred but it clearly shows how the execs were wrong!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/1832174/benedict-cumberbatch-sexy-sherlock/

Let's all agree that he is way sexy enough for any role he chooses to take on 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 4, 2014 6:46 pm  #4

In my opinion Daily Mail just made this stuff up.

Because BBC previously (in the years 2002 and 2004) cast those two actors as Sherlock Holmes:

I have nothing against Richard Roxburgh and Rupert Everett but in comparison with Benedict Cumberbatch´s Sherlock Holmes their Sherlocks are about as sexy as limp socks. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 6, 2014 7:09 pm  #5

Biggles86 wrote:

Agreed, there may be a lot of talk about how he wasn't considered sexy enough but what about being a good enough actor to pull off this iconic role??  I put this link on another thred but it clearly shows how the execs were wrong!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/1832174/benedict-cumberbatch-sexy-sherlock/

Let's all agree that he is way sexy enough for any role he chooses to take on 

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for this link!  I have save it to favorites for when I need a quick fix!

Board footera