BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2014 9:33 pm  #21

Re: Sein letzter Schwur (HLV), German TV ARD, June 9, 2014

Yeah, that was fun.

Edit: I think I need to watch it again without hubby. I was so concentrated on him ... what he thinks that I perhaps missed the emotions. 

Last edited by gently69 (June 9, 2014 9:38 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 9, 2014 9:50 pm  #22

Well is it only me or did Wiggings sound too "normal" and less scared and disorientated?

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 9, 2014 9:59 pm  #23

Well wasn't that bad in my opinion. But I didn't like CAM"s voice at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 9, 2014 10:16 pm  #24

I think Billy's voice was okay but it seemed very strange that two junkies would not say "du" to each other. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2014 10:19 pm  #25

Yes strange indeed.
I really need to watch again ... more concentrated on the important things. 

(Tony Hadley)

June 9, 2014 10:21 pm  #26

One thing I found much better than the original - Janine talking about the "Drogenflatrate". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2014 10:24 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

I think Billy's voice was okay but it seemed very strange that two junkies would not say "du" to each other. 

This!

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 10, 2014 7:09 am  #28

Good point. I think the idiom may exist in English but I am not sure that it is quite as ominous sounding as it is in German. Would be a question for a native speaker. 

June 10, 2014 7:37 am  #29

Heaven ... I missed so many things. Seems that I can't watch it together with my hubby without being distracted too much. Strange ... Hmm perhaps I want to be serious then and can't act like I would do if I'm watching alone.

(Tony Hadley)

June 10, 2014 7:40 am  #30

Yes, if you do not watch with the right person it can be difficult. My husband did not talk at all during the episode which I take as a good sign. Well apart from "Das ist schräg. Eine Frau passt irgendwie nicht" during the scene with Janine. 

June 10, 2014 7:50 am  #31

Well observed... Invite him to join the comprehensive thread.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 10, 2014 7:56 am  #32

Well, I think he has still a long way to go. But I was pleasantly surprised. It just feels wrong to see him with a woman. 
My daughter thinks Sherlock might be gay but she is not at all convinced regarding John. Maybe I should show her again ASiB. 

June 10, 2014 7:59 am  #33

Hubby here turned out a fervent Mary defender - quite a puzzling experience 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 10, 2014 8:02 am  #34

Lol, similar with my family here... My daughter cringed with discomfort at the Christmas reconciliation scene and Sherlock's explanation of John loving Mary's dangerous aura.... Gah! We haven't discussed homo- or heterosexuality in the series so far, though. But when Sherlock gave Johns chair that look before the wedding hubby said: " Well, that's not subtle, is it?"

Last edited by mrshouse (June 10, 2014 8:03 am)

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 10, 2014 8:07 am  #35

But this shows that you do not have to be in the fandom or an ardent Johnlocker to at least get some of the hints. My husband did not disagree when I said that the whole of TSoT was basically a declaration of love from Sherlock to John. And while I think he did not get Sherlock's expression in the scene on the dance-floor when talking about the baby he understood the painful moment of loneliness afterwards. 

June 10, 2014 8:21 am  #36

Harriet wrote:

Hubby here turned out a fervent Mary defender - quite a puzzling experience

Ha, that sounds familiar. I wouldn't say that my boyfriend is a fervent defender, but he is very understanding.

Btw, something I didn't like all that much was Sherlock shouting "Scheiße" when he climbed back up the stairs in the mind palace sequence. In the OV he says "feck", but you can barely hear it. So I felt that was a bit too much in the dubbed version.

And Moriarty's "Ri-ra-rutsch, wie fahren mit der Kutsch, Sherlock ist bald futsch..." was actually very different from the original but rather neat, don't you think?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 10, 2014 8:24 am  #37

Yes, I liked the translation of the verse. They had to come up with something different and to choose a nursery rhyme was quite good. 
And, yes, the "Scheiße" sounded wrong. 

June 10, 2014 8:25 am  #38

So what do your men have to say to her defence? 
Would love to hear your discussions.

June 10, 2014 8:30 am  #39

Interesting enough my husband did not say anything about Mary. 

June 10, 2014 8:31 am  #40

mrshouse, my boyfriend thinks that Mary really is quite similar to John and especially Sherlock and that she would make a good addition to the team. And that she did what she did because she loves John very much and really wanted to protect him, and that she didn't want to kill Sherlock (and that she didn't, because even though he flatlined he came back, so he wasn't dead and so Mary didn't kill him) - so he basically fell for all the nonsense she said in her own defence.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera