BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2014 12:09 pm  #61

Re: Im Zeichen der Drei (TSoT), German TV ARD, June 8, 2014

zeratul wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I agree. And, as you mentioned before, I already discovered some things which I missed in the English version.

Well I watched the English version more than once, so there was nothing new to me in the German versions.

Oh, believe me, I've watched it more than five times. But still. PLUS I found it quite relaxing. ;-)

Reg. Martin: In the first episodes of Sherlock hubby always saw the guy from Love Actually.
And I see John when I watch The Hobbit. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 9, 2014 12:16 pm  #62

@Solar: Oh is he? Okay. Then they changed what he said but it wasn't wrong

Mattlocked wrote:

zeratul wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I agree. And, as you mentioned before, I already discovered some things which I missed in the English version.

Well I watched the English version more than once, so there was nothing new to me in the German versions.

Oh, believe me, I've watched it more than five times. But still. PLUS I found it quite relaxing. ;-)

Reg. Martin: In the first episodes of Sherlock hubby always saw the guy from Love Actually.
And I see John when I watch The Hobbit. ;-)

Hmm... well I looked up some words especially from the speech . Hmm I always have the english words in minds, when watching the German version...

Yeah had that problem with Bilbo / John, too... but less intense, as there was a bit of disguise...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 11, 2014 8:16 pm  #63

I have to admit I haven´t seen the original versoin of TSoT yet, but I really liked the way the "Du" was introduced in the german translation, it has been the perfect moment for it and made the whole scene even more significant.
Watching the first two seasons it never felt particulary strange to me that Sherlock and John still used the "Sie" to adress each other, I actually found it rather fitting. But then I saw that there had been a big discussion in the fandom about it and I began wondering if there will be a change in the third season. And now I´m really happy how it all turned out,for me  it gave the friendship a new depth and strength.

June 11, 2014 8:19 pm  #64

That is true. And only now you can see what makes the friendship so special. The atmosphere between them is quite different with the "du"/in the English version. Closer and more natural. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera