BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 10:24 am  #1

Actors/actresses who also happen to be able to sing/piano/etc...

And of course the cast of Glee

Last edited by saturnR (May 29, 2014 10:25 am)

May 29, 2014 8:46 pm  #2

Re: Actors/actresses who also happen to be able to sing/piano/etc...

Look up Jensen Ackles from Supernatural singing Angeles. He's a brilliant singer ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

May 30, 2014 2:21 am  #3

kittykat wrote:

Look up Jensen Ackles from Supernatural singing Angeles. He's a brilliant singer ^^

I was gonna say Jensen singing 'Eye of the Tiger'!  I don't even keep up with that show, but those guys are both awesome.  ;D

Edit - Just adding a link of it here, if you like --  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTsxF47wx5M
And, I had no idea RDJ guested/sang on Ally McBeal!  That's adorable.

Last edited by Russell (May 30, 2014 2:30 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 30, 2014 3:28 am  #4

Robert Downey Jr sings Driven to Tears live with Sting and NAILS it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiuzFNtki60&index=2&list=FLSZfuv7vVYW901cM7b1KGnw

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 30, 2014 3:42 am  #5

Bertie Carvel!  I don't think very many Sherlock fans took an interest in him after seeing him in The Blind Banker, sadly, but he's a tremendously talented actor and he's got an incredible voice.  Not just as a singer (though he does sing beautifully) but using his voice to create a character.

Here he is as Miss Trunchbull in Matilda the Musical.  This is a really great example of him doing a character voice while singing.  

And here's a clip of him recording a song for the Broadway cast recording.  I just love seeing him do the voice without the costume. 

And here he is singing (with Lara Pulver, also relevant to this board) with his own voice.  There's a few minutes of dialogue at the start of this video, singing starts at 3:00.

May 30, 2014 7:33 am  #6

Michael C. Hall alias Dexter!
He has a really nice singing voice. On YouTube there are hilarious vids from stage appearances when he was doing "Cabaret".

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 31, 2014 3:43 am  #7

Most of the ones we've been sharing are the 'cool, I didn't know they were musical' type, and with the creativity in the business, I've heard of plenty of them knowing an instrument/playing on set!  Being able to sing well though, now… movie musicals aside, where you'd need some skill (loved Emmy Rossum in PotO!), I was still pleasantly surprised by Anna Kendrick's nice voice when came across the clip of the 'cup song' that was super popular from Pitch Perfect.  She even did a music video of it:

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera