BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2014 1:36 pm  #1

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Released in the UK today.  Have tickets to go and watch it next Wednesday. I am, frankly, ridiculously excited! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2014 2:25 pm  #2

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Opens this weekend in the states.
Hugh Jackman and Michael Fassbender in the same movie.
I should bring a drool towel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 22, 2014 10:22 pm  #3

Released in Germany today, too. I just got home from the cinema. It's a great movie, great storyline, very good actors and a lot of potential for further sequels (or prequels ) .

Last edited by stoertebeker (May 22, 2014 10:23 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 23, 2014 10:07 am  #4

I saw it yesterday, and I loved it. I spent my time drooling over Michael Fassbender though.

May 24, 2014 10:58 am  #5

I am taking a bib with me on Wednesday especially for the Fassbender/Magneto scenes. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 26, 2014 3:20 pm  #6

Can't wait to see this one :D  It'll probably be next week before I do, though, because I have my sister's wedding this week.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

May 26, 2014 4:04 pm  #7

Spoiler Alert.  There is bare naked Hugh Jackman arse in this film.

You're welcome.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 26, 2014 4:15 pm  #8

Tonnaree you are naughty!
I don't find any of the cast drool worthy actually - fine actors though - but my friend who I'm going to see it with will much appreciate that scene

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 26, 2014 5:15 pm  #9

I saw it yesterday, and I also liked it very much. I watched the 2D version. Is the 3D worth checking out as well? Don't think I will, but I'm still curious if anyone saw it on 3D.

May 26, 2014 6:06 pm  #10

*now imagining Hugh Jackman's behind in 3D*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 26, 2014 9:12 pm  #11

TeeJay wrote:

I saw it yesterday, and I also liked it very much. I watched the 2D version. Is the 3D worth checking out as well? Don't think I will, but I'm still curious if anyone saw it on 3D.

I saw it in 3D because it is very hard to find a cinema which shows the movie in 2D at a reasonable time (usually they show 2D versions at the afternoon, not suiteable for working people  ). I don't think there is any added value to watch the movie in 3D but I am in general not very keen for 3D.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 26, 2014 11:21 pm  #12

I saw the 2D and it was fine.  I'm a bit picky about what I want to invest in 3D for.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 31, 2014 10:57 am  #13

I saw it on Wednesday and it was very, very, very good. I saw it in 3D and, personally, I think it is worth watching in 3D, especially some of the special effects. This film has what is one of the very best bullet time scenes I have ever seen in my life. The chemistry between James McAvoy's Xavier/Prof X and Michael Fassbender's Erik/Magneto (God that man is gorgeous! ) is tangible. The scene between older and younger Charles is also excellent. The whole ensemble played it superbly. I loved the way that the 70s is captured through the costuming- I have a particular 'thang' about Magneto's Fedora hat and blue shirt and Wolverine's Liberty print shirt. The use of different speeds/types of film is also excellent. It sets up perfectly for the next in the series. And yes, you get to see Hugh Jackman's bottom! I went to see this with my brother and his 13 year old daughter. We talked about it the whole way home.

August 12, 2014 7:59 pm  #14

I really really enjoyed this film. I love the combination of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender. I think they compliment each other really well.

Another thing I liked is that it didn't feel as though it was shot for 3D with 2D as an afterthought. I don't watch 3D films as I need to wear glasses and can't fit the 3D glasses over my normal ones haha. In more recent films I've seen, such as the Amazing Spider Man 2 and the Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, the movie was ruined for me by the excessive slow motion and obviously-made-for-3D footage. I'm so happy this wasn't the case with this film.

Board footera