BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2014 10:00 pm  #141

Re: Black Mass

He really is my favourite.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 18, 2014 10:07 pm  #142

He is??? LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 18, 2014 10:09 pm  #143

Tell us something new. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2014 10:11 pm  #144

Sorry. I was so sure I'd never mentioned it before...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 18, 2014 10:14 pm  #145

No. I had no idea you liked him. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 18, 2014 10:17 pm  #146

Err... I lost track. Who? Johnny Depp it is, right?

Last edited by Mattlocked (June 18, 2014 10:18 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 18, 2014 10:19 pm  #147

Nice picture. I like the hat more than his flat caps

Good luck, KP! Tell us how it went!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 19, 2014 7:19 am  #148

Still no Ben in costume, but well...  And is that the script there...?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqcqUkfIUAAw-IM.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqcqUg9IMAAR7Tc.jpg:large

June 19, 2014 7:29 am  #149

Could indeed be the script. Oh how exciting!
Keeping every crossable body part crossed for KP. There's such a realistic chance for her to meet him.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 19, 2014 7:29 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 19, 2014 7:56 am  #150

It depends on how near she can get to the set. That would be parsmi, KP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 19, 2014 8:01 am  #151

Oh yes, it would indeed be great if she'd get a chance to see him! There seems to be a lot going on in the streets of Boston, so I suppose there is a realistic chance for her to at least catch a glimpse. Exciting times! 

June 19, 2014 8:40 am  #152

And here are more pics, I also posted this in the picture thread, but well... 

http://deareje.tumblr.com/post/89234487006/new-tab-for-high-res-benedict-cumberbatch

June 19, 2014 3:25 pm  #153

Thanks Solar and others.
Can I just point out, to whoever it was who mentioned it.,..we haven't HAD Wimbledon yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 19, 2014 3:48 pm  #154

I really, really need to see him in costume!

But you know, even seeing him sporting a script has me all jittery, more than usual! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2014 1:44 am  #155

Guess what, guys! I SAW BEN!!  I can't believe my good luck that he was actually on the set today!  All your good wishes and crossed fingers must have worked! 
So here's the whole story. Gorgeous weather in Boston today and I left work at noon.  I told the boss I need to get some personal things done. (LOL). Made my way to South Boston by subway and bus and at first was disappointed that I didn't see any filming where they said it would be.  But I looked around a bit and then noticed some trailers up the street.  So I walked up there and, sure enough, it was the film set.  They were filming inside and around a house.  It was cordoned off but there was a small crowd of on-lookers across the street so I took my place with them.  Most people were there hoping to catch a glimpse of Johnny Depp (Who??? LOL!). But a few were there for Ben and it wasn't long before I struck up a conversation with two very nice little Cumberbabes.  They had been there since 8:30am and told me that, yes, Ben was here.  They'd caught a glimpse earlier. They knew from a Security person that Ben wasn't officially on the film schedule that day but that he was there to feed lines or rehearse or something like that.  So not in costume. That's how lucky I was today.  Ben didn't have to be there, but he was!
So I talked with the girls for a while (both Johnlockers, both hoping Mary will exit stage left) and then we realized we could now see Ben outside across the street on the set talking with some film people.  I held up my cell phone and just kept shooting hoping I was getting something.  Shown here are my two best results.  He's back to wearing the flat cap today and a blue shirt that he seems to favor.  I couldn't see, but the girls told me he was wearing the purple pants (that's trousers to you Brits) of sex.
Anyway, after he stood there a while talking, with his back to us (damn him!), a van came up and whisked him away.  But as it rounded the corner where we were standing we started waving like mad and then we saw him lean forward and wave back to us.  It made my day!
Lots more filming going on over the next couple of weeks.  I know that he'll be filming at the Harvard Club on Commonwealth Ave. on Tuesday but doubt I can sneak out of work again.  But I had a great day today and still can't quite believe I was standing on the same street as Ben, breathing the same air, and that I actually saw the man in the flesh.  Life is good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 20, 2014 6:30 am  #156

Wow, this is wonderful! So happy for you, KP. And I hope you will have another opportunity to see him. 

June 20, 2014 6:31 am  #157

That was amazing! I knew that you´ll manage to see him eventually! Perfect!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 20, 2014 7:20 am  #158

Wicked awesome, KP!
I wonder if you were even able to sleep this night...
Now I'm sure this wasn't the end of the story. Maybe you will run into him accidentally. He will be spending some more days in Boston after all.
And maybe they have to do (or re-do) some scenes with him at the beginning of August? That would be so cool!
Good luck for the days to come, KP!
Fingers crossed! (In Germany we rather squeeze our thumbs.)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 20, 2014 8:18 am  #159

Aw, that's fantastic, KP. Maybe you will have another chance when Benedict stays a bit longer. Keep my fingers still crossed for it.

Last edited by gently69 (June 20, 2014 8:19 am)

(Tony Hadley)

June 20, 2014 8:38 am  #160

WOW, KP, that's so great!
I think I wouldn't have managed to work until noon.
I think I would have to have some days off and run around Boston the whole time.

Thanks for your report and crossing fingers for .... maybe more? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera