BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 7:30 pm  #101

Re: Black Mass

Oh gosh.... oh my gosh. How can I unsee what I just produced in my mind palace? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 30, 2014 2:31 am  #102

The weather was great today so I sneaked out of work at lunch time and went to the North End to see if they were filming.  They were; but sadly, no sign of Ben (or Johnny Dep). And believe me, I looked!  The streets in the North End are tiny and it was amazing to see all the equipment trucks lining the streets.  I got there when they were doing some rehearsing - more for camera shots than actors, I think.  The crew was very polite about keeping those of us watching from getting in the way but still allowing us to look.  I made the mistake of standing next to a group of people I thought were spectators but then I was politely asked to move because these people were the extras. Duh! If I wasn't so busy looking for Ben I would have noticed they were all dressed in 70's clothes.  I jokingly asked if I could be an extra too, but sadly, they turned me down. .  Here's a picture of my adventure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 30, 2014 6:47 am  #103

This is very exciting, KP, hope you will see more in the next weeks. Benedict will be at Hay Festival today and tomorrow, so I would not expect him at the moment. Maybe netxt week? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 6:50 am  #104

Wonderful adventure anyway, KP.
Benedict will appear at the place after he finishes "Letters Live", so don´t lose hope.
By the way, that part of Boston you captured on photograph is stunning!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 30, 2014 7:16 am  #105

Oh yes, that looks quite exciting - and the sun is even shining! Those old buildings look beautiful, by the way.
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you KP - hopefully Benedict will have to do some scenes there and you'll be able to see him! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 30, 2014 11:51 am  #106

SusiGo wrote:

This is very exciting, KP, hope you will see more in the next weeks. Benedict will be at Hay Festival today and tomorrow, so I would not expect him at the moment. Maybe netxt week? 

Thanks Susi! It's good to know I still have a chance.  Please let me know if you hear he's actually coming over here to film on location and I'll be on the lookout.

Yes, nakahara, the North End is a cool place - Boston's Italian section.  Wonderful little places to eat.  Naturally, while I was there yesterday, I stopped into an Italian bakery and got a cannoli.  Here are a couple more pictures:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 30, 2014 12:20 pm  #107

Such cool streets and an Italian cuisine as a bonus? It´s heaven!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 31, 2014 12:29 am  #108

KP:  So I guess it was just meant to be that you have that particular job!    Lucky you and great pics--thanks for sharing.  I hope you do get to see Ben there; that would be beyond wicked cool! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 31, 2014 4:54 am  #109

Looks wickedly exciting. Hope you get to meet him once he's finished up at Hay. Should make an appearance in the near future. 

May 31, 2014 4:34 pm  #110

That's so awesome KP!! Hope you get to catch Ben sometime! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 17, 2014 7:03 am  #111

It seems he has arrived. Not sure if I should put it here or in the Things Lovely thread:

http://ppq-1.tumblr.com/post/88989303160/fan-comment-benedict-cumberbatch-on-the-set-of-the

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2014 7:32 am  #112

Let the show begin...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 17, 2014 8:01 am  #113

I'm really interested to know how much he'll feature in this Movie.
So I suppose there will be some pics of him on set soon then?
I need to get a grip, because that report made me feel a bit sad - arriving all alone and lost, and, unknowingly being sniffed!!!!
(No disrespect to the writer, though, and at least she didn't bother him)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 17, 2014 8:04 am  #114

I think it was not that bad. I am quite happy with him arriving like that and not with a big entourage and bodyguards. The work is what matters. I am sure they took good care of him. 

June 17, 2014 9:53 am  #115

I'm so happy that something is finally moving on. And Susi you're right - I think it's good that Benedict could come in quiet and peace, without huge group of fans screaming, squealing and asking for photo or autograph.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 17, 2014 10:00 am  #116

Yes, I agree. It's great that he's starting to act again! And maybe he wasn't lost at all, maybe he was looking around, getting some orientation, already trying to get a feeling for the set. I'm sure he's not a small child anymore that needs protection. 

June 17, 2014 10:10 am  #117

Wow, that makes me really happy. He starts working ... he starts acting again. And I also think he is fine with an arrival on set like this. I am sure he doesn't need razzmatazz every time and enjoys a bit of calmness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 17, 2014 11:28 am  #118

Yes, it seems like an age since he's properly acted doesn't it?
Nice to know he's back in action
And I definitely wouldn't like to see him with an entourage!, I agree with you all in that one

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 17, 2014 1:27 pm  #119

SusiGo wrote:

It seems he has arrived. Not sure if I should put it here or in the Things Lovely thread:

http://ppq-1.tumblr.com/post/88989303160/fan-comment-benedict-cumberbatch-on-the-set-of-the

They would've had to scrap me off the pavement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 17, 2014 1:34 pm  #120

tonnaree wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

They would've had to scrap me off the pavement.

LOL, now that you are mentioning it ... same with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera