BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2014 7:44 am  #241

Re: Black Mass

Thank you KP
I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience, and it's fascinating to read of all the work that goes into getting just one shot!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 25, 2014 1:49 pm  #242

gently69 wrote:

Brilliant, KP! I don't think that I will ever have the chance to see him in action like this but I grant you that so much.

Gently, you must never, ever give up hope.  This situation was beyond my imagining and yet it happened. I will admit the odds were quite staggering, but there is always a possibility and you just never know.  That's all I can say...you just never know...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 25, 2014 1:56 pm  #243

Of course you are right, KP. But Benedict in my area ...

I put my hopes on "Hamlet" next year. Though I can only see the result then and not the preparation ... but I think it won't be that bad either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 2:02 pm  #244

Is Hamlet going to be in the cinemas in other countries like Frankenstein?

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 2:06 pm  #245

No idea. The plays in the cinemas are part of the National Theatre Live series, aren't they? I don't know if "Hamlet" will also be part of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 2:14 pm  #246

I think it has not been announced if they are going to film it or not. 

"Coriolanus" was staged at the Donmar Warehouse, not the NT, but was included in the series. So maybe we are lucky. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2014 2:18 pm  #247

Ah, okay, that would be ... nice.
Btw ... when will they finally put "Frankenstein" on DVD. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 2:42 pm  #248

I've read somewhere that they are not planning to put Frankenstein on DVD ever 

Edit:  http://ntlive.tumblr.com/post/27833520736/official-statement-re-frankenstein-dvd-bootleg 

Last edited by MartaSt (June 25, 2014 2:46 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 2:44 pm  #249

Such a shame.

(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 3:37 pm  #250

Thanks for sharing your expierience with us, KP. It was a pleasure to read. The part about Benedict transformating into Bulger was amazing.

It would be wonderful if they filmed Hamlet. I'm afraid there won't be enough tickets for people who want to watch it live, no mention people who can't go to London! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 25, 2014 3:49 pm  #251

gently69 wrote:

Of course you are right, KP. But Benedict in my area ...

Ahh, but you see, Lynn, Massachuetts is an ugly, run-down, armpit of a city which turns out to be just perfect for this movie.  It all depends on the needs of the filming where an actor will end up; otherwise, I could never in a million years picture lovely Ben in this setting. Who knows, maybe they will need the front of your house next! 

Squeezing my thumbs right now about filming Hamlet for the rest of us who can't make to London.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 25, 2014 11:13 pm  #252

I found some pictures of Ben in character that I haven't seen in this thread or the picture thread, from TDM. He's wearing grey slacks, a white shirt, and a maroon tie. I'm amused that the article compares this look to his look in the unaired Sherlock pilot.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 26, 2014 5:36 am  #253

The most amusing part about his costume that I have seen so far, is him wearing a wedding ring!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 26, 2014 6:44 am  #254

Funny how they take the drunk scene from the Pilot to show us how dapper he is looking now in his 70s costume. As if Sherlock was not considered the epitome of male elegance. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2014 6:57 am  #255

That's a strange comparison indeed.

(Tony Hadley)

June 26, 2014 7:06 am  #256

The Daily Fail, failing as always. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 26, 2014 8:56 am  #257

It was only about a week ago that they were still reporting that Guy Pearce was playing Billy!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 26, 2014 9:10 am  #258

Not really up to date, ey?

(Tony Hadley)

June 26, 2014 1:31 pm  #259

besleybean wrote:

The most amusing part about his costume that I have seen so far, is him wearing a wedding ring!

Someone else is excited about the ring! I'm pretty sure this is only the second time we've seen him with a wedding ring. The first was in 'Wreckers.'

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 26, 2014 1:38 pm  #260

A wedding ring actually suit him a lot somehow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera