BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2014 12:25 pm  #21

Re: There seems to be some progress

And I do think Benedict's hair is gradually getting longer!
I just want to keep putting that out there so that I can claim to have made a good deduction if filming begins later this year

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 19, 2014 12:28 pm  #22

Tinks, I'm with you there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 19, 2014 12:28 pm  #23

You are right. No need to hide it under the strange little hat he was wearing today at the flower show. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 19, 2014 12:35 pm  #24

* does a cautious happy dance!*

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 19, 2014 12:51 pm  #25

Tinks wrote:

And I do think Benedict's hair is gradually getting longer!
I just want to keep putting that out there so that I can claim to have made a good deduction if filming begins later this year

And just for ther record Amanda is bleached white again and Martin's hair is looking rather John like.

*sits on hopes so that won't get outrageously high*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 19, 2014 12:52 pm  #26

Martin also has a beard for Richard. But you are right about Amanda's hair. Have no idea what she is working on at the moment. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 19, 2014 12:53 pm  #27

SusiGo wrote:

Martin also has a beard for Richard. But you are right about Amanda's hair. Have no idea what she is working on at the moment. 

But we all know he'll shave for Sherlock Holmes.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 19, 2014 1:11 pm  #28

LOL ... no problem at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 19, 2014 1:59 pm  #29

tonnaree wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Perfectly stated!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 19, 2014 2:46 pm  #30

tonnaree wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

They talk so much about how difficult it is to gather all actors and crew... I'm really happy they made a cliffhanger because if they didn't, I'd worry if season four would ever happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 20, 2014 10:00 am  #31

Mark is having some fun again:

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 20, 2014 10:06 am  #32

Oh, Mark, please ... that's just unfair.

(Tony Hadley)

May 20, 2014 1:43 pm  #33

Sarcasm, I love sarcasm

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 20, 2014 2:12 pm  #34

Poor Mark, he sounds annoyed.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 20, 2014 8:18 pm  #35

Mark's sarcasm is brilliant. The most hilarioius thing is, some people replied to the tweet completely not picking up on the humour and thinking this was a genuine statement about a future episode of Sherlock. *headdesk*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 20, 2014 8:25 pm  #36

Oh god, are you serious...?! How can people not get the sarcasm?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 21, 2014 8:01 am  #37

They probably just got to the words "next ep of Sherlock will be....", fainted from joy and then posted their tweets before they read the rest of Mark´s post, maybe?

May 21, 2014 8:40 am  #38

In fairness also, the thing with Twitter is, if you're not in on the joke, or aren't aware of the article being referenced, a lot of tweets can go over your head, meaning and irony-wise

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 21, 2014 12:34 pm  #39

With all due respect you've got to be a bit daft if you're unable to pick up on the sarcasm there.
On the other hand, that really is the problem with twitter, if you only scroll through the tweets and skim-read without reflection or in a haste (e.g. when I'm in over my head at work), you tend to not to pick up on certain sentiments.
But with Mark Gatiss, I'd always read his tweets at least twice before responding to anything knowing who he is and how sarcastic he can be.

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (May 21, 2014 12:35 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera