BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2014 7:27 pm  #1

Drawings and paintings

I found topics about Johnlock art, fan art and so on, but couldn't find a topic with just normal drawings, in other words drawings or paintings not including Benedict. So I created one (tell me if there already exist one).

So share your drawings with us! What do you like to draw? Animals? People? Are you a professional or an amateur?

Here's a few of my drawings. I'm pretty much of an amateur, I only do it a few times a year because I think it's fun and relaxing. And I haven't tried to draw Benedict yet, because he's too perfect and I don't want to ruin him...

Let's begin with the horses. I've always loved to draw horses, even as a really small kid, they're just so majestic and beautiful. I draw all kind of horses, big horses, small horses, fluffy horses, cartoon horses etc.

Here's a few humans. The upper drawings are of Harry Styles (giggles) and the lower ones are drawings that were supposed to look like a special person, but turned out in a completely different way... So I say they're just random people

And then we have Ed Sheeran, a young Leonardo DiCaprio (who looks like a bitch) and Jack Sparrow. The Jack Sparrow drawings are really old, I think I were around 13 when I made them, so they dont really look like him... But whatever

I did collages because otherwise you would have to scroll through pictures big as houses...

May 16, 2014 7:45 pm  #2

Re: Drawings and paintings

This horse head is amazing, I could learn my anatomy on it Very nice drawings, I can only draw human from lines xD

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 16, 2014 8:42 pm  #3

Thank you Marta! Well, if you look at the anatomy it's not fully correct, it's a bit too short. But it's close ^^

Last edited by batchlock (May 16, 2014 8:44 pm)

May 16, 2014 8:49 pm  #4

Trust me, in my anatomy book drawings sometimes look like painted by 3 year old child, your version is much better

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 16, 2014 8:52 pm  #5

Those horses look wonderful, the last one is quite amusing Jack Sparrow is brilliant too.

Personally I seldom draw... in fact, I haven't drawn almost anything for a few years already. In the past I liked it much, very amateurishly though
My only drawings I have saved on my deviantArt account, and almost all are connected with a certain book series, The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (any fans here, btw? ;]). anyway, they are in my very modest gallery: http://baltomaya.deviantart.com/

The Road goes ever on and on...

May 16, 2014 10:33 pm  #6

Thank Deilenn!

Wow that was a fantastic collection of beautiful piantings you had there! You're really good

May 17, 2014 4:53 pm  #7

I love your drawings Batchlock! Especially the horses, you really understand the anatomy! Wow! And I love yours too Deilenn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 17, 2014 7:13 pm  #8

Thank you Phantom!

May 18, 2014 10:55 am  #9

These are some of my paintings I've done with water colours... I haven't painted in 10 years and I'm still only trying to learn how to use a brush at all... They are pretty infantile I suppose... 

And I see them as works in progess, I might work more on them later...

'Heartbeat'

'Noir'

'Light at The End of The Tunnel' (I actually sent this to Ben)

'Shamrock'

'Crimson Tear' (I hate how it turned out)

I want to paint more, but it's killing my back sadly... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 12:43 pm  #10

batchlock, thanks much

This Is The Phantom Lady, thanks. I like your paintings too, especially the one you sent to Benedict. On the second one, is there a painting by Van Gogh on the right? 

May 18, 2014 12:45 pm  #11

Thank you! I hope I get a lot better someday though... 

Yes, that is Starry Night on my wall, I have a few of his paintings printed out as well as some others, Van Gogh has always inspired me since I was a little girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 12:51 pm  #12

That's great! I've always liked his paintings too, they're truly splendid.

May 18, 2014 1:20 pm  #13

Wonderful paintings Phantom, love 'Noir' and the tunnel thing! Have never really painted with watercolour (except from when I was a kid) because I've never really understood how to do it, but you know how to use it and so on!

Last edited by batchlock (May 18, 2014 1:21 pm)

May 18, 2014 4:00 pm  #14

Here's a few copies I recently made from Batman comic artists. I had bought a 0.4 Micron pen so I wanted to test it. My latest drawing is a quick portrait of Andrew Scott (I posted it in the Fan Art forum if you haven't seen it yet)

And a WIP

And here's a much older work, only pencil and based on Gil Elvgren's work: 

May 18, 2014 4:25 pm  #15

WOW Lady Grace, you are really really good! Love the one with Batman and the one with the Joker!

May 18, 2014 6:03 pm  #16

Oh WOW Lady Grace! Those are really amazing!! So much effort and talent! Wow! I'm a fan! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 9:10 pm  #17

Aww thank you all so much Unfortunatly I don't have as much time as I used to to draw. I'll get back to it when I'll be through with my finals. 

May 22, 2014 8:24 pm  #18

Some brilliant works guys!!

I haven't sketched in ages but here is my art folder over at DeviantART. I like sketching faces!

http://forestina-fotos.deviantart.com/gallery/774076

May 31, 2014 8:12 pm  #19

Those sketches are amazing, Spiral! very inspiring! I wish I could do faces at all... I am still cringing at my try at Sherlock

I did some painting tonight. The water colours are still drying... 

But this is how I started:

Then I wanted to do some background work... I made a mistake and ended up making it deliberate...

I have so, so much to learn... and this might not be done... but well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 12, 2014 9:23 pm  #20

I'm trying to find a way to cope. It's so strange how hard I'm taking the death of Robin Williams... 

This sort of happened... and it's far from finished but I need to stop for now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera