BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2014 9:55 am  #121

Re: The Lost City of Z

So this still seems to be on the table - from Twitter:

Marc Butan ‏=13px@marcbutan  13h Only a few months now til Benedict to heads off to the jungle for J Gray's @TheLostCityOfZ. Can't wait.

Some information on the guy:

At Sierra/Affinity, Butan will oversee feature film development and production activities. (...) As part of that, Butan will bring with him films from Panorama’s production slate: his new company will rep international rights to James Gray’s Lost City Of Z

Last edited by SusiGo (September 15, 2014 9:56 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2014 10:31 am  #122

And I have absolutely no idea when the heck he is supposed to do this. The Sherlock Christmas Special at the beginning of the year and then rehearsals for "Hamlet"... somewhere in between those two? He'll be a very busy man then...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 15, 2014 10:44 am  #123

Well, it might work. Filming the special should take about 6 to 8 weeks, just like the other episodes. Then he would have about three months for LCoZ. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2014 4:10 pm  #124

I believe that was the plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 27, 2014 7:54 pm  #125

Nothing really new:

http://thefilmstage.com/features/producer-dede-gardner-talks-bringing-selma-to-life-the-legacy-of-jesse-james-and-more/

The producer hopes for a summer 2015 shoot. I wonder if she knows less about Benedict's plans than we do. Or her summer starts very early. 

December 27, 2014 8:13 pm  #126

So right before Hamlet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 27, 2014 11:10 pm  #127

I´m really confused when he is supposed to do all this.

But I guess that cloning techniques are highly developed now and so it´s possible that some Benedict´s clone (made in "sheep Dolly" style) who already exists would do "The Lost City of Z" during the time when real Benedict would perform "Hamlet" on stage. 

(BTW, can I have one Ben´s clone for myself? I will treat him with love and gentle care, I promise!) 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 27, 2014 11:15 pm  #128

So far I'm getting :Sherlock special next month, Z early Summer, then Hamlet and then Sherlock series?

December 28, 2014 10:41 am  #129

And Dr Strange. Which is to be released in November 2016 so the timing problem might be series 4. We do not know what he will be doing after the special,  do we?

Last edited by SusiGo (December 28, 2014 10:43 am)

December 28, 2014 11:19 am  #130

So Dr Strange straight after sepcial filming?

December 28, 2014 11:21 am  #131

Maybe. Not sure if they are already in this planning stage, though. They have not even announced other members of the cast and all that. 

February 3, 2015 8:41 pm  #132

Just found that :
http://www.thewrap.com/charlie-hunnam-replaces-benedict-cumberbatch-in-lost-city-of-z/

It's on several other sides as well. Pity, but  to be expected due to Doctor Strange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 3, 2015 8:55 pm  #133

I just saw this on Facebook... what a pity! But the man can't clone himself I guess... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 3, 2015 9:00 pm  #134

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I just saw this on Facebook... what a pity! But the man can't clone himself I guess... 

Clone him, nice idea 
But no, there can be only one 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 3, 2015 9:28 pm  #135

And we should remember how often the project was postponed. Last year Benedict did not work for about six months. Tbh, the book is amazing but I was wondering anyway how he was going to play Robert Pattinson's father. 

February 3, 2015 9:50 pm  #136

That's too bad but understandable.  I was really looking forward to this one (rather than Dr. Strange - personally I'm not a fan of comic book films). It seemed to have an interesting premise.  I had heard of Fawcett long before BC was ever attached to the film project and just last summer or so I watched a whole documentary on his life and death. 

But like others have said - he can't clone himself and his dance card does seem rather full for the next bit. 

For me I think the next most interesting project that he is involved with in the future will be Flying Horse and then The Yellow Birds.  Black Mass seems like an interesting role as well but he seems to have a smaller role in that one.

I haven't seen a superhero comic book genre film since... Batman Returns in the early 1990s and I didn't really like that one, but if anyone could get me back in a theatre to watch one of these types of movies it would be BC.  Have to read what it is about in more detail. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 4, 2015 6:15 am  #137

I'm not really surprised by this. To be fair to Benedict he can't be expected to turn down work that's actually happening in order to keep his schedule free for a Movie that's taking forever to get started!

Last edited by Tinks (February 4, 2015 6:17 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 4, 2015 8:05 am  #138

This might actually be a good thing. That film has been stuck in production hell for so long... I'd be really surprised if the final product turned out to be worth watching...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 4, 2015 8:24 am  #139

I've read the book this is supposed to be based on and I have never managed to understand the casting. Now we have someone aged 34 playing the Father of someone aged 28. I'm glad Benedict is not doing it any more.

February 4, 2015 8:29 am  #140

I agree. As much as I loved the book, the casting was something that really made me think twice. And the the constant postponements. Good to see that Benedict has enough interesting projects without this one. 

Board footera