BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2014 10:26 am  #101

Re: The Lost City of Z

I really can't remember. Maybe they did not. Mark announced his three words rat, wedding, bow, and suddenly there was lots of information about filming dates and that they would split the filming so Martin could do the Hobbit. We patiently observed Benedict growing his hair. Now I am getting quite soppy …

So if we get no information either from BBC or the creators … So do we have to assume the worst case - no series 4 will not happen and we are left with what we have? 

P.S. 
I just had a look at some of the older threads: The BBC announced series on their website on 16 January 2012, immediately after the airing of series 2. 
On 8 November 2012 Benedict and Martin were officially confirmed for series 3.  

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2014 10:30 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2014 10:30 am  #102

SusiGo wrote:

So if we get no information either from BBC or the creators … So do we have to assume the worst case - no series 4 will not happen and we are left with what we have? 

Shush! What are you talking about???

Last edited by gently69 (June 25, 2014 10:30 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 10:30 am  #103

There is always the possibility that they are working on it behind closed doors and one day they'll suddenly come out of the closet and the excitement will start. Maybe they even think that's funny, but to me... I hate not knowing. 
And Benedict's hair... well... could take a while...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 25, 2014 10:35 am  #104

SusiGo wrote:

I think (or rather hope so) that's not possible. Both Gatiss and Moffat love doing Sherlock and I can't imagine them just throwing away all they have done so far. And also for BBC Sherlock is too profitable to stop after emitting just 3 series. So I believe that somewhere in England Gatiss or Moffat is writing script for season 4 and we just have to patiently (I know it's hard but we heave to try  ) wait for some announcement.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 10:36 am  #105

And I was just waiting for all of you to contradict me. I suppose I just had to voice my worst fear and get it out of my system. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2014 10:39 am  #106

Thanks. Now it's in mine

No way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, NO WAY!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 25, 2014 10:42 am  #107

Mattlocked wrote:

No way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, no way, NO WAY!

Nicely put.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 10:49 am  #108

I did not start this. Just saying. THEY made ME sad first. And btw, we have somehow exploded this thread. But who cares? 

I just remembered - you know how Mark said the end of series 3 would leave us even more frustrated than TRF? 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2014 10:50 am)

June 25, 2014 10:54 am  #109

Oh Susi, you mean Mark meant because we'd not even know for months to come whether or not there'd be a fourth series...? Rude, RUDE...!!! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 25, 2014 10:56 am  #110

Yes it's our fault! Sorry!!
They play with us a bit too, I think, which I don't really find funny.
Plus, the waiting can send us a little mad, I think: the other day I saw a quote - from Moffatt, I think, that the next season would be the last thing we'd ever expect (see, they must be thinking of doing a season 4!), but I immediately panicked and thought "oh no, Sherlock isn't going to be in it - that would be the last thing we'd expect!" - see? I'm a crazy lady!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 25, 2014 10:57 am  #111

Maybe. Or the whole Mary heated and passionate Mary discussion which managed to put Moriarty in the back of many people's minds (including mine). Or both. 

June 25, 2014 11:00 am  #112

Tinks wrote:

Yes it's our fault! Sorry!!
They play with us a bit too, I think, which I don't really find funny.
Plus, the waiting can send us a little mad, I think: the other day I saw a quote - from Moffatt, I think, that the next season would be the last thing we'd ever expect (see, they must be thinking of doing a season 4!), but I immediately panicked and thought "oh no, Sherlock isn't going to be in it - that would be the last thing we'd expect!" - see? I'm a crazy lady!!

Interesting but truly - is there anything we do NOT expect them to do? Any idea nobody has voiced so far on tumblr? On the other hand - who expected the tragicomic take on the reunion? But Sherlock without Sherlock - not really. 

June 25, 2014 1:27 pm  #113

My 2 cents.

Ever the optimist I am just trying to be patient.  
No one, that I've heard, has said a word about not wanting to do Series 4. 
And even though scheduling seems a nightmare, think of all the projects Ben had come out last year.  Most of them filmed in and around Series 3.  Some how things will work out.

I am actually hopeful that we'll get some sort of news out of San Diago Comic Con.

TOPIC!!

I order Lost City of Z from Amazon yesterday and very much look forward to reading it. 

Last edited by tonnaree (June 25, 2014 1:28 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 25, 2014 1:33 pm  #114

If we wanna put a posititve spin on it, I think we should be reminded that all the people working on Sherlock love the show and are committed to keeping it on the air. I'm pretty sure both Martin and Benedict will always try their best to accomodate shooting schedules, and Mofftiss want to keep the saga going for as long as they can.

It's simply impossible for us to tell really where the holdup is because we're not privy to what's going on behind the scenes. I'm sure there's a combination of reasons why it's taking this long. And a lot of the fan's frustration is based on ignorance on the huge machinery that's involved in putting a show like Sherlock together, from the writing to the location scouting to the pre- and post-production.

And we also want to see quality, don't we? I'd rather wait two years for a good quality series 4 rather than getting something mediocre after nine months.

June 25, 2014 1:39 pm  #115

I am absolutely willing and prepared to wait two years and I never expected to get it sooner. Just a confirmation THAT we are going to get it would be nice. Just like the BBC did immediately after series 2. 

And, tonnaree, thanks for putting us back on track. I enjoyed the book very much. 

June 25, 2014 3:21 pm  #116

SusiGo wrote:

I am absolutely willing and prepared to wait two years and I never expected to get it sooner. Just a confirmation THAT we are going to get it would be nice. Just like the BBC did immediately after series 2. 

And, tonnaree, thanks for putting us back on track. I enjoyed the book very much. 

Susi, would you believe I've even had the book reccomended to me by people who are not psychotic Cumberbatch fans!?! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 25, 2014 3:54 pm  #117

Yes, tonnaree, I would gladly believe that because it is a really fascinating story. Although I must admit I would not have found it without the Benedict connection. 

June 25, 2014 5:50 pm  #118

SusiGo wrote:

Agreed.
Yes, I am a bit frustrated, but no, I am not at all ignorant to the machinery behind the show. In my opinion the BBC doesn't need any kind of machinery to simply let us know that they commissioned a fourth series.
But now that Susi told us that it took until November 2012 for Benedict and Martin to agree to a third series, I am prepared to wait until November 2014 for anything official.

June 25, 2014 5:58 pm  #119

Imagine end of the year with Imitation Game released, news from making of Richard III and official annoucement of Sherlock series 4.... My life would be completed

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 25, 2014 6:45 pm  #120

I can't waot to see this, tho Black Mass is looking good, too.
Imitation Game remains the one I most want to see.
Can't wait to See Richard III, either.
I'll wait for Sherlock as long as it takes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera