BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2014 11:35 am  #61

Re: The Lost City of Z

Hmm if they are really going to focus on questions about human nature, progress of humanity and so on it may be very interesting indeed. I guess I have to finally read the book - after my exams I certainly will.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 24, 2014 11:38 am  #62

The book is really worth reading, Marta. Well written and exciting. 
Now I wonder when they will start filming because I am still worrying about series 4 (how could one not?) Will they go to Colombia before or after filming in Belfast? 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 24, 2014 11:39 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 24, 2014 11:50 am  #63

Maybe, if so, they will start filming Sherlock in the middle of the year (May, June)? The Lost City Of Z is, as far as I know, his latest confirmed film to shoot.

Edit: I found this on the IMDb website http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3538760/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7 and I wonder are they knowing something or they just hurry up to much?

Last edited by MartaSt (June 24, 2014 11:56 am)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 24, 2014 11:55 am  #64

But what about "Hamlet"...? He'd have to start rehearsals in June/late June, I would think...

And Marta, I'm sure the imdb knows nothing.

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 24, 2014 11:57 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 24, 2014 11:57 am  #65

Aaaa you're right, I forgot Hamlet! Damn, so I have no idea when he would find the time...

Yes, Solar, just as I thought. But well, hope dies last

Last edited by MartaSt (June 24, 2014 11:59 am)

"

June 24, 2014 12:00 pm  #66

Marta. Seriously. How can you forget about "Hamlet"...????

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 24, 2014 12:04 pm  #67

I know, shame on me.... I promise, that will never happen again

"

June 24, 2014 12:17 pm  #68

The article says preparation for filming will start in September. I have no idea how long this will take but could it be possible that … oh, no, he is doing Richard III in autumn, isn't he? Glad I am not responsible for planning his schedule (just joking, would do it anytime). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 24, 2014 12:21 pm  #69

I'm not sure about "Richard III", but I think so. Because he probably won't have time to do Richard next year, at least not before "Hamlet".
I'm telling you, ladies: I have a bad, bad feeling about S4... looking at it realistically, when would he have time for three episodes...? Maybe right after "Black Mass"...? I doubt it.

June 24, 2014 12:22 pm  #70

After "Black Mass" is not possible because of Martin. He will play Richard until the end of September. 

But I think they might split the episodes like they did last time. This might help a bit. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 24, 2014 12:23 pm)

June 24, 2014 12:26 pm  #71

Okay, so theoretically they could do one or maybe two episodes after Martin has finished "Richard". And then maybe the third one after "Lost City"...? Theoretically.

June 24, 2014 12:32 pm  #72

Oh, sometimes I am not sure if I am that happy about the fact that the boys are in great demand.
Well, of course they deserve it ... and should be happy with it ... but ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 12:34 pm  #73

SolarSystem wrote:

Okay, so theoretically they could do one or maybe two episodes after Martin has finished "Richard". And then maybe the third one after "Lost City"...? Theoretically.

That sounds like the best option. But well, that sound good for us but we don't know if this sounds good for them.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 24, 2014 12:34 pm)

"

June 24, 2014 12:42 pm  #74

It was a shame that obivously nobody knew that Benedict was not going to work for more than seven months. It would have been more than enough time to do series 4 (provided everybody else would have been free, too).

June 24, 2014 12:47 pm  #75

Yes, but I can also imagine that it was an up and down. That he had several projects on hold and couldn't really plan anything else. Doesn't make it better, I know ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 24, 2014 12:52 pm  #76

Yeah, but lets remember that we don't know if Gatiss and Moffat are working on the script right now. I think we should wait until confirmation that script is finished and then we could worry about scheduling

"

June 24, 2014 12:57 pm  #77

Well, the next series of "Doctor Who" starts in August, so it could be that Moffat is still working on that right now. But maybe he's already finished... Ah, so many 'maybes'... too many, too many, TOO MANY!

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 24, 2014 12:57 pm)

June 24, 2014 12:59 pm  #78

SolarSystem wrote:

... too many, too many, TOO MANY!

That's from ... let me think ...

(Tony Hadley)

June 25, 2014 7:54 am  #79

So things are finally moving on this project? And Benedict is getting busy again!
Black Mass, Richard III, LCoZ and Hamlet seems to be the order of his projects at the moment?
I'm pleased, to be honest, as for a while it seemed as though things had dried up a bit, and he needs to be putting that talent to good use!
I don't know where Sherlock fits in - Martin is on stage soon and I'm sure he'll have other projects lined up too - same with other cast members - but they can't be expected to keep schedules free until a script is produced; I've said this before, but I can't understand why everyone is allowed to walk away from filming each season without firm shooting dates for the next one; it wouldn't be allowed to happen with any of the big American shows...it's very odd, imo.

Last edited by Tinks (June 25, 2014 7:55 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 25, 2014 8:10 am  #80

You are right, Tinks, that's really annoying.
But can we really compare Sherlock to the American shows? I think the concepts are totally different. A lot of the actors in these shows concentrate on this telly performances and do little else until the whole series is finished, not only a season. They do around 20  ep. of 1 hour per season. Rarely you see the actors in other productions during this time.
Sherlock are 3 films of 90 minutes a season. It also depends on the BBC. When they decide about buying another season.
Nobody can expect the actors and writers to stay on call.

Last edited by gently69 (June 25, 2014 8:12 am)

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera