BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2014 9:04 am  #41

Re: The Lost City of Z

Thanks for the clarification, Solar. Of course I trust Benedict to choose his parts with care and Percy Fawcett is indeed a fascinating character. It is just the fact of his being quite young for the part in connection with the fact of Pattinson being cast as his son that puzzles me a tiny bit. 

And you are right with Martin, he looks much younger here than in Sherlock. And it is a fact that they would have to work on RP as well because he is older than Jack Fawcett was when he disappeared with his father.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 4, 2014 9:15 am  #42

I guess we just love to be puzzled and sceptical, don't we? 
This project seems to have been stuck in development hell for quite a while, and it certainly isn't reassuring that it's still not clear when shooting will actually begin. But this just might also have to do with Benedict, you never know. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 4, 2014 10:23 am  #43

Thanks Solar - you're right about puzzled and sceptical - it's all the waiting that does it!!!;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 4, 2014 10:27 am  #44

I agree, Tinks, waiting isn't good at all, you tend to come up with all sorts of funny ideas. 
And what I really want to know is: Sherlock.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 4, 2014 10:32 am  #45

Like we all do. Scheduling this show must be hell. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 4, 2014 2:30 pm  #46

This project is turning into one big joke.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 4, 2014 2:42 pm  #47

And yet my gut feeling now is that this will go ahead before Sherlock does!
I just hope it's worth the wait...

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 4, 2014 4:15 pm  #48

I have no doubt it will be worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 4, 2014 4:38 pm  #49

SusiGo wrote:

A pity because it is a fascinating story. Although I had my doubts about Benedict's casting because in the crucial period of his life Fawcett was considerably older than him. I therefore wonder why they chose him at all and not an actor closer in age and better suited to play Pattinson's father. 

If the planning goes on the way it does now, Benedict will be of perfect age for the role at the first day of shooting.

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 4, 2014 4:39 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 4, 2014 6:19 pm  #50

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

A pity because it is a fascinating story. Although I had my doubts about Benedict's casting because in the crucial period of his life Fawcett was considerably older than him. I therefore wonder why they chose him at all and not an actor closer in age and better suited to play Pattinson's father. 

If the planning goes on the way it does now, Benedict will be of perfect age for the role at the first day of shooting.

I´m afraid of the same thing.
Benedict will be a bearded Metusalem before they even start shooting this movie! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 4, 2014 6:22 pm  #51

Under 40, still...hopefully!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 17, 2014 4:22 pm  #52

June 17, 2014 4:28 pm  #53

And oh my, this is just... brilliant.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm_aMiqCUAAr2Pi.png

June 17, 2014 4:33 pm  #54

Lovely. If only he looked like that in the film. 

June 17, 2014 4:34 pm  #55

Right... how could I forget that this would drive you wild...?

June 17, 2014 4:36 pm  #56

This pic! Shirt! Braces! Grrrrr. 

June 17, 2014 4:43 pm  #57

Now look, this just had to happen, right?

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 17, 2014 7:54 pm)

June 17, 2014 6:43 pm  #58

You really have to rub it in, Solar. 

June 17, 2014 7:54 pm  #59

Of course!

June 24, 2014 11:28 am  #60

Board footera