BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2014 10:34 pm  #1

habits you would like to kick

What are you doing that needs kicking? What is your Archilles Heel?
What are you gonna do about it?

Me? Caffeine is a big one. I used to drink 4 cups a day. Now down to 3 (not that much of an improvement )

Sugar = strong addiction to coke. I can literally down 2L in 1 day if I really wanted to.

How's 'bout you guys? What are you doing that you would like to cut down on?

Last edited by saturnR (May 12, 2014 10:35 pm)

May 13, 2014 7:03 am  #2

Re: habits you would like to kick

Procrastination - I am sometimes too lazy.
And I really don´t know how to cure myself from that.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 13, 2014 8:54 am  #3

nakahara wrote:

Procrastination - I am sometimes too lazy.
And I really don´t know how to cure myself from that.

That is me in a nutshell!!  I make plans to do things and they never get done. Sigh. I don't own a TV - thank god - but the internet can be just as bad. I spend far too long on YouTube!

I also bite my nails. But I'm 42 now so doubt I'll ever kick the habit.

But that's about it really. So not too bad considering.

May 13, 2014 9:37 am  #4

Bitting my nails.

May 13, 2014 1:29 pm  #5

Addiction to sweets - I can eat huge amount of them. I don't think it's curable

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 13, 2014 1:45 pm  #6

Procrastination and avoidance behaviour.

May 13, 2014 3:08 pm  #7

My eating habits...

I used to have Binge Eating Disorder which mean I would eat a crazy lot of food for either comfort or punishment... a vicious circle I wasn't sure I couldn't kick and people weren't taking seriously.

Since January (same time I discovered Sherlock) I've pretty much forgotten about food. I don't want to cook, I'm not hungry and the mere thought of food just makes me sick. I still weigh too much so it's not the worst thing in the world...

But I would love to have a normal relationship with food. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 13, 2014 4:05 pm  #8

My addictions: chocolate and Pepsi Max.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 13, 2014 4:19 pm  #9

My compulsions and obsessive thoughts.

May 13, 2014 4:22 pm  #10

Some of my compuslions maybe, but I quite enjoy my obsessive thoughts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 13, 2014 5:42 pm  #11

Crisps! I can't open a bag without eating all of it. Ration it is impossible. Crisps are the epitome of evil    !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 13, 2014 5:46 pm  #12

They seem to have that effect on some.
I'm thankfully not much of a crisp person.

Last edited by besleybean (May 13, 2014 5:47 pm)

May 13, 2014 5:53 pm  #13

Yeah, it's true what they say about Pringles.
Once you pop...you can't stop.
Kettle Crisps are the same.

May 13, 2014 5:55 pm  #14

I prefer kettle crisps, but I simply  try not to buy them!

May 13, 2014 5:59 pm  #15

besleybean wrote:

I prefer kettle crisps, but I simply  try not to buy them!

Me too. We only tend to buy them at Christmas.

May 29, 2014 6:37 pm  #16

Procrastination and fighting stress with chocolate..

June 27, 2014 11:48 pm  #17

I have what people around me qualify as "bad habits" and what they absolutely want me to change.

I know it would do me good, but I'm really not ready to kick them.

My sleeping habits. I most of the time sleep less than 2 hours a day (rarely more than 5, and sometimes less than one hour, I can go to bed at 6.15am and wake up at 7 to go to work) just because nightime is my favourite moment. I read, write fanfictions, make fanvideos... That's when I am the most inspired. And since I was a child, I've always found sleeping was dull and a waste of time.

I've had this habit for so many years (when i was 15, I already slept about 2 hours/night). I know it's not a healthy way of life, our body and brain require sleep, but so far, I'm fine with sleeping that little, so I admit I ignore the long term health issues...

Then, I am a very solitary person. Always have been but it got worse when my husband died. I tend to be more and more "asocial". When it's holiday time, I can spend days and days without talking to anyone but my 4 year old son. So when I have to talk to people (esp. "strangers", the irony of that is that i am a social worker! LOL. Always hated my job!), I get more and more stressed.

When someone knocks at my door, I almost stop breathing and I don't make a single move until I'm sure the person has gone away (sometimes, it's a friend of mine, or simply the postman and I miss the package I was expecting). When someone calls me, unless it's my mother/father/brother/grandmother, I NEVER reply, even if it's one of my best friends. If they haven't warned me that they were going to call, I let them leave a message, and then I have to take time and prepare myself to call them back (most of the time I text them to avoid talking)

Also, I wish I wasn't so fond of junk food, chocolate etc...

Just like old times...

Board footera