BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2014 4:05 pm  #181

Re: Third Star

Absolutely beautiful, tonnaree.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 17, 2014 6:43 pm  #182

Thanks guys.
It wasn't an easy one to write.
I've been in a pretty blue mood lately and it helped to make something out of that.

PS.  I'd love to see you draw James clare.

Last edited by tonnaree (April 17, 2014 6:44 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 17, 2014 6:53 pm  #183

Aww sorry to hear that Tonnaree. Hope it helped.

I'll be giving a go for sure ;)

I'm clueing for looks

April 17, 2014 8:39 pm  #184

The poem is beautiful, tonnaree
Benedict and his work makes me feel so inspired to write again for the first time in years, but I've not been able to find that last push that's needed.
I think I'm finally getting there thanks to this film though

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 17, 2014 9:30 pm  #185

*Wipes tear away* that poem was so beautiful and touching, tonnaree, very well written... and so very heartbreaking.

Thank you for sharing it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 21, 2014 9:02 am  #186

Just watched it for the first time. Oh my God. Cried my eyes out...!!!! 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

May 23, 2014 10:55 am  #187

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 23, 2014 10:59 am  #188

No I don't want to spend money again on things concerning Benedict ... no ... no ... how much???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 23, 2014 12:56 pm  #189

I will be paying £10 for that! Apparently it has loads of pictures too!

Incidentally, Tonaree, if you're lurking here I did draw James, and he's on pg59 of the Fan Art thread

I watched this again last night. I knew it would make me cry, it always does, but when I feel I'm losing perspective on what's important, it helps me refocus. No matter how many times I watch it, I am still blown away by Benedict. Honestly how he didn't win major awards for it I will never know.
I should also add that I've decided my favourite character apart from James is Bill. I love his childish abandon, and that little laugh when they're in the sunshine, in the sea. Gorgeous.

I'm clueing for looks

May 23, 2014 1:36 pm  #190

That script would be a lovely thing to have.
I think Davy is a lovely character too - the cast was great in this, all of them; even Hugh Bonneville, who I'm not always overly keen on, and who only makes a brief appearance, is really good
I need to watch this again as soon as I get the chance!

Last edited by Tinks (May 23, 2014 1:36 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 28, 2014 5:36 am  #191

I'm only starting to discover Benedict's work apart from Sherlock, and last night I watched Third Star... oh my, I thought that I was prepared because I had read this thread but I might well need the entire weekend to recover.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 28, 2014 7:32 am  #192

But it is very inspiring, too.

Last edited by besleybean (June 28, 2014 7:32 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 28, 2014 11:48 am  #193

It is an amazing wonderful movie, and it may be years before I can watch it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 28, 2014 2:06 pm  #194

I have watched it for the first time about a month ago and thought I would need lots of time to recover.

But today I was sorting out all the stuff I borrowed during pregancy and stumbled over it, thinking, "I should watch it again soon before returning the DVD ..." maybe that's because it is sad and heart-warming at the same time.
Or maybe I just like to sob at the moment.

Last edited by Schmiezi (June 28, 2014 2:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 28, 2014 4:37 pm  #195

I love this film so much. I love the poetry of it so to say.

I also need to be careful when to watch it...
I have a habit of bottling up my emotions and not cry about stuff I need to cry about this... this film is fantastic at unlocking those emotions. The tears I shed when watching this film does feel good somehow. I don't know how to explain myself...

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (June 28, 2014 4:38 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2014 5:04 pm  #196

I nursed my father through cancer and the time came when the doctors said the meds weren't working and they wanted to try something stronger. My dad looked at me and asked for permission to stop treatment. I acquiesced. He died peacefully with me by his side a couple of days later.

This movie brings me back to those final moments of my dad's life, reminding me that it is more important to celebrate life than to mourn death and that the ultimate show of love is to let go of someone who has suffered enough.

I love this movie to pieces. I don't want to admit how many times I've watched it. It's one of those movies that I discovered because of Ben but would have loved regardless of who is in it.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 28, 2014 5:21 pm  #197

I am so sorry to hear about your father, Mary, but I agree with you! It's important to celebrate life rather! And I strongly believe in a 'merciful death'... Most of my family members were allowed to go that way and while I never really coped with all of them dying around me all at once the past 6 years it comforts me to know their last days were like that... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2014 5:31 pm  #198

Thank you, TPL. I'm sorry for your losses as well.

Qu'il est doux de mourir quand on a bien souffert.*

Mary
*How sweet it is to die when we have suffered well.

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 28, 2014 5:41 pm  #199

It might sound a bit odd, but this is my favourite work by Benedict and one of my favourite films of all time. It used to make me cry buckets, today it still makes me well up, for obvious reasons.

But over and above everything I see the wonderful characters (I LOVE BILL!) and their friendship and the strength in it. I see the beauty of nature and of living life to the full, I see inspiration in James, loyalty and kindness from Davy, freedom and fun from Bill and Miles, well Miles represents the fear.

t's just a beautifully crafted film with brilliant performances all round, led by our man, who I have to say is a master at portraying pain. As an actor it must be challenging and yet, somehow rewarding, to do. I do so hope he doesn't have to draw on personal experience for it. 

I'm clueing for looks

July 7, 2014 2:04 am  #200

Just watched it!
Oh my god- what a performance,Benedict :0
Speechless...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               

-------> I am
SHER - LOCKED <-------

Board footera