BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2012 8:11 pm  #1

Third Star

Just to let you all know that the Third Star will be on BBC2 Wales at 9am on Saturday 21st.

April 18, 2012 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Third Star

Boo! I'm in England!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 18, 2012 9:18 pm  #3

Do you have Freeview? You can get it on that if you want it?

April 19, 2012 1:22 am  #4

This is a MUST SEE movie. OMG So good. I cried. And discovered JJ Feild.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 19, 2012 6:48 am  #5

No free view! but going to try and find it somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 21, 2012 4:37 pm  #6

It will be available on iplayer soon after:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01gkj7x/Third_Star/

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 21, 2012 6:19 pm  #7

Yay! Will be tuning in!

May 29, 2012 7:04 pm  #8

There are only few movies that have captivated me like this one! I cried and I laughed... and it felt like I was there with them.. on that journey to Barafundle Bay. <3

"Remember that you were loved by me, and you made my life a happy one. And there is no tragedy in that." - James, Third Star.

June 11, 2012 10:57 am  #9

This is A Morphine Toast l Third Star by Katrin Depp. Very moving.

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=F-VS3Z8mHiQ

June 12, 2012 2:43 pm  #10

Just returned from the supermarket. People must have suspected me of being lovesick or whatever. But I was red-eyed because I had just watched "Third Star".

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2012 8:08 am  #11

It's a wonderful film, but the word 'wonderful' doesn't express that much that I mean. It's so true-to-life and moving. It amazingly both funny and tragic. I was laughing so much when they went down the hill on that cart together, or when they had a fight at the country holiday. And I cried when his friends were looking for the lost medicine chest while pain was tormenting him...
The film is amazing. And it's one of the films that really worth seeing. And he acted great! I was watching and thinking 'Is that very man played Sherlock???'. It goes without saying he's an actor born.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 23, 2012 9:13 am  #12

Yes, it all really felt natural, not acted. How the friends are trying to cope with the situation, bickering, making jokes, arguing, until they finally have to come to terms with what is happening. And I loved it that it was Miles of all people who stayed with James until the end.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2012 9:24 am  #13

Yes, Miles is a very interesting character there. He seems to be the most conscious man among James' friends . And in spite of the fact that James and Miles were parted for some time, Miles turned out to remain his closest friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 23, 2012 9:35 am  #14

One of my favourite films. I wish they would put it on some sort of limited release in cinemas.

July 1, 2012 3:44 pm  #15

Saw the film yesterday on DVD - imported from the U.K.
It was wonderful and touching, funny and so sad........
But I'm afraid we missed a lot; we are used to watch all movies in English; with English subtitles, which helps a lot but also keeps me reading, reading, reading all the time instead of have a close look at the actors....
Here there were no subtitles offered, not even for the hard of hearing. So a lot for us was "mmumm mum mumummm", if you know what I mean.
Think I' have to watch it several times more - which of course will be no problem! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 1, 2012 5:51 pm  #16

It was the same for me, I also missed many things and wished I had subtitles. Well, must watch it again. But only when I'm alone because I'm sure I'll cry again …

July 1, 2012 6:10 pm  #17

I didn't cry the first time - too concentrated on what they say.... But you are right - those films are always better to watch alone. 
btw: it kind of makes me glad that even you had problems to understand, a translator...  - checked your website some days ago...

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 1, 2012 6:15 pm)

July 1, 2012 6:14 pm  #18

Although I didn't understand everything it was enough to cry for the last 20 to 30 minutes - in front of the computer. That's about as crazy as you can get with this man …

July 1, 2012 6:17 pm  #19

Had my husband sitting next to me, which also is a reason I pulled myself together. 

July 1, 2012 6:22 pm  #20

Oh, I understand very well. With my husband I always try to pull myself together. It didn't work with "Schindler's List" and "Sophie Scholl - die letzten Tage", but that's of course quite another matter. As for this film I'd prefer to watch it alone (same goes for the fifth or sixth view of any Sherlock episode  ).

Board footera