BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2014 1:51 pm  #121

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

My theory on this: They know they won't be able to do three episodes next year and have S4 ready for January 2016. So they do a special as some kind of bridgeover to give us something (which is nice) at the end of next year - and then we'll have to wait a year longer for S4 and will get in January 2017 instead of January 2016.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 2, 2014 1:52 pm  #122

SolarSystem wrote:

My theory on this: They know they won't be able to do three episodes next year and have S4 ready for January 2016. So they do a special as some kind of bridgeover to give us something (which is nice) at the end of next year - and then we'll have to wait a year longer for S4 and will get in January 2017 instead of January 2016.

My thoughts exactly.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 2, 2014 1:57 pm  #123

That's a long time, a veeeeery long time. But we can't change it, so ...

Last edited by gently69 (July 2, 2014 1:59 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 2:04 pm  #124

Sorry, I am not ploughing through 3 pages...how am I reading this differently to everybody else?!
Special filming Jan, I expect will be shown later in 2015.
Series filming later in 2015 to be shown in 2016?
Is this not the case?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2014 2:07 pm  #125

besleybean wrote:

Sorry, I am not ploughing through 3 pages...how am I reading this differently to everybody else?!
Special filming Jan, I expect will be shown later in 2015.
Series filming later in 2015 to be shown in 2016?
Is this not the case?!

Very little is 100% confirmed, but according to Sherlockology;

'We honestly cannot say about air dates yet, but 2017 strikes as extremely late if they film S4 in 2015' (which they have already said is the case)

https://twitter.com/Sherlockology/status/484336935817986048

So, yeah, the likelihood of it airing in 2017 seems a bit far-fetched at this point. 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (July 2, 2014 2:09 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

July 2, 2014 2:09 pm  #126

My question ... when will Benedict be filming Richard?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 2:11 pm  #127

But didn't BBC write that they will be shooting Special in 2015 and later next year series 4? Doesn't this "next year" mean next from 2015 which means 2016?

Last edited by MartaSt (July 2, 2014 2:13 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 2, 2014 2:12 pm  #128

SilverMoonDragon, "later in the year" most certainly means in autumn, because Benedict will be doing "Hamlet" from August to October, with rehearsels probably starting in June. And if they start shooting the first episode of S4 in autumn, they probably won't be finished with all three episodes before March or April 2016 (or maybe even later). Then it's post-production... and I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to go for airing it in January 2017 then.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 2, 2014 2:16 pm  #129

MartaSt wrote:

But didn't BBC write that they will be shooting Special in 2015 and later next year series 4? Doesn't this "next year" mean next from 2015 which means 2016?

The wording was somewhat ambiguous, this is exactly what they said; 'Shooting on the Sherlock special will begin in January 2015, with the series shooting later next year.'

You could look at it meaning later next year as in not filming until 2016, but it could also mean later next year as in the year adjacent to this one, meaning filming in 2015 not 2016 (which is what Sherlockology has confirmed). Air dates on the other hand haven't been confirmed yet, but filming will be 2015. 

July 2, 2014 2:17 pm  #130

Richard III is filmed this autumn?

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 2:18 pm  #131

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragon, "later in the year" most certainly means in autumn, because Benedict will be doing "Hamlet" from August to October, with rehearsels probably starting in June. And if they start shooting the first episode of S4 in autumn, they probably won't be finished with all three episodes before March or April 2016 (or maybe even later). Then it's post-production... and I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to go for airing it in January 2017 then.

True, that could happen I guess. At the moment though, I'll remain optimistic and until otherwise proven will believe that due to the filming time Sherlock S4 will likely air at some point in 2016 (maybe late spring or summer, even fall, but at this point I still doubt it'll be 2017).

July 2, 2014 2:23 pm  #132

This is madness.
I have just read the official announcement:
Special filming early 2015.
Series filming later next year( which is 2015)...no way it won't be shown til 2017.
So they must some how be woking around Z and Hamlet...maybe filming straight after Hamlet...so could film into 2016...but could still be ready for later in 2016.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2014 2:26 pm  #133

No chance to film an episode before Hamlet? Maybe Feb./ March to June?

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 2:26 pm  #134

So I suppose that series 4 will be in very late 2016 or at the beginning of 2017. No big difference.

Last edited by MartaSt (July 2, 2014 2:28 pm)

"

July 2, 2014 2:27 pm  #135

Here's my prediction.
It will air Summer 2016.
The 1st series aired in the Summer.

July 2, 2014 2:29 pm  #136

Wow, what a treat to mark the start of my holidays! I am so happy to have official confirmation on series four!!!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 2, 2014 2:32 pm  #137

(Tony Hadley)

July 2, 2014 2:33 pm  #138

besleybean wrote:

Here's my prediction.
It will air Summer 2016.
The 1st series aired in the Summer.

I second this prediction. 

July 2, 2014 2:35 pm  #139

Just got done with all my flailing around... I was actually running to get home to read what the announcement was. 

I think Summer 2016 sounds likely! But OMFG just knowing they will start shooting at all makes me a happy cookie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 2, 2014 2:37 pm  #140

Airing in summer? In Germany we knew that already. Nothing new.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera