BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2014 12:28 pm  #301

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

Do you mean showing what happened in the past and thereby filling some gaps? Or jumping into the future which could be difficult with a show like this? I am intrigued - 90 minutes would be really long for something that is not directly connected to the end of HLV. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 12:41 pm  #302

I would prefer a jump into the past. The future has to be explained ... impossible in a special of one episode, imo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 1:31 pm  #303

I'm thinking about a jump into the past in order to fill some gaps. It could get very personal, and at the same time we could have a classic, 'normal' case again. Something about it would have to be 'special', of course. And if they stick with what they do on DW, it would have to take place at Christmas. 
Oh wow... they could go back to Christmas in HLV, before Sherlock and John go to Appledore, and show us more of Mycroft "It's been Christmas Day for at least a week now" Holmes and all that...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 28, 2014 1:35 pm  #304

Yes, that would be a good idea indeed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 1:38 pm  #305

Would love that. And they could show us what happened between the paramedics coming to Baker Street and Christmas. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 1:43 pm  #306

Oh God Yes, this part needs an explanation!!!

(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 2:09 pm  #307

Dark.  Very dark.  So dark.

I hear Sherlock's bedroom is very dark.

oops, sorry, back to my corner..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 28, 2014 2:11 pm  #308

August 28, 2014 2:31 pm  #309

Tonnaree, pull yourself together. 

(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 2:41 pm  #310

This is getting more and more … how shall I put it ...

Found this on tumblr:

"From the Financial Times (“‘Sherlock’ a big winner for BBC’s finances”), this quote from Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC Drama:

' “This is not hyperbole,” added Mr Stephenson, who confirmed that the BBC will film a “special with a big twist” in January, followed by a three-part series filmed in 2015, with no fixed date for broadcast.

' “Steven sat down with Martin [Freeman] and Benedict [Cumberbatch] a month ago and took them through what the plans are [for series four]. It's impossible to guess what's going to happen. They are being very bold and brave. There are twists and turns, as you would expect. But it is shocking.” '

Saying that the actors/writers are being “bold and brave” in discussing series 4 really signals something beyond the usual in today’s world of drama (eg Fargo, American Horror Story etc). Bets are on something pretty emotionally difficult with the baby or heading towards a gay relationship."

Last edited by SusiGo (August 28, 2014 3:00 pm)

August 28, 2014 2:49 pm  #311

*jumping up and down*
*hyperventilating*
*arm fiddling*
*grinning like an idiot*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 28, 2014 2:59 pm  #312

Just to be correct - the last paragraph is not a Stephenson quote. Nevertheless it sounds really, really big.  

August 28, 2014 3:15 pm  #313

How long do we have to wait? Oh Heavens!!!

(Tony Hadley)

August 28, 2014 4:00 pm  #314

*flailing Kermit arms*

Ok.  I'm starting to get almost reverse paranoid now.  They say it's unexpected and something we'd never guess.  Well, you can't really say that johnlock would be unexpected for us.  A little surprising maybe.  I don't know.  Sometimes my faith wobbles.   I have high expectations for the show in general but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Does that make any sense at all?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2014 4:04 pm  #315

Can I just say though that I love the snarky comments on tubmlr and such to the effect of "the real reason Benedict wasn't at the Emmy's is because they were afraid he'd blurt something out in his acceptance speech."   *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2014 5:13 pm  #316

tonnaree wrote:

*flailing Kermit arms*

Ok.  I'm starting to get almost reverse paranoid now.  They say it's unexpected and something we'd never guess.  Well, you can't really say that johnlock would be unexpected for us.  A little surprising maybe.  I don't know.  Sometimes my faith wobbles.   I have high expectations for the show in general but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Does that make any sense at all?

Yes, I had the same idea. But the question is how many of the "average" one-time viewers expect Johnlock to become part of the show? Know about it at all? Of course there is lots of subtext but many people mayn not see it, especially if they are casual watchers. 
I think it would be quite a step to make them a loving couple for the first time in film and television. To come out of the subtextual closet and make it clear as day.
The shocking development could also be the temporary total estrangement between Sherlock and John or Mycroft being somehow in cahoots with a villain and/or being killed.

For me the most interesting thing about the quote is that Steven obviously just talked to Benedict and Martin about this. So provided that Mark will be in the know, it must be something that mainly concerns these two or three.  

August 28, 2014 5:15 pm  #317

But didn't Martin mention during this little telephone interview he gave that Amanda was talked to as well?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 28, 2014 5:37 pm  #318

Yes, he did. Although I am not sure that it is the same conversation mentioned by Stephenson. Anyway, if she plays an important part in series 4 she would be included. But it does not change anything about a possible estrangement/Johnlock/Mycroft development. And of course it could be something about the child as well.  

August 28, 2014 5:56 pm  #319

I feel you will be disappointed in at least one of those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 28, 2014 6:33 pm  #320

They certainly know how to push all our buttons.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera