BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2014 6:39 pm  #281

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

Sorry, must have been the bad audio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2014 6:42 pm  #282

Anyone besides me feel like this hiatus is harder than the last one?

Before, when Moffat has given us our 3 word clues, was it before or after they actually started filming?

Last edited by tonnaree (August 27, 2014 6:43 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 27, 2014 6:45 pm  #283

Well, it may be harder because I am slightly more frustrated about the outcome of series 3 (not in a bad way mind, but there is a reason for all those fix-it fics) and therefore even more excited of what will happen next. 
If I remember correctly they gave us the three words months before filming started. I think it was roughly about this time in 2012. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 27, 2014 6:46 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2014 6:57 pm  #284

Yeah and they also told us the stories for series 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2014 7:04 pm  #285

It's my first "real" hiatus for me as I only discovered Sherlock in december 2012 so I can say it's harder this time!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 27, 2014 7:12 pm  #286

Different for me.
Waiting for series 2:was ok. I was glad about it returning, but dreading the Woman!
Awaiting S3: awful, cos I was dreading the reunion...knowing John would belt Sherlock,
So I'm actually quite looking forward to S4.

August 27, 2014 7:18 pm  #287

Hey Moffat!
My birthday is next week and all I want is 3 words from you!  Won't cost you a thing!
*hint hint*
*nudge nudge*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 27, 2014 7:26 pm  #288

I wonder if all 3 of them are writing it...

August 27, 2014 7:31 pm  #289

besleybean wrote:

I wonder if all 3 of them are writing it...

I saw Mark Gatiss at David Bedella a few weeks ago, and he said he was writing Sherlock at the moment. They probably split it up again...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 27, 2014 7:43 pm  #290

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant the one off special. 
I'm assuming the series will be divided.

Last edited by besleybean (August 27, 2014 7:43 pm)

August 27, 2014 7:52 pm  #291

besleybean wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
I meant the one off special. 
I'm assuming the series will be divided.

I'd love if at least Gatiss and Moffat wrote it together.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 28, 2014 10:04 am  #292

Did we already have this quote from Mark?

“We’re going to try to take it somewhere we’ve never been before — and I don’t mean outer space. It will be challenging place to go. We always start with a re-introduction that builds toward a darker climax — we might just be going darker from the outset. We got a very, very good set of ideas.”
—     
Mark Gatiss at the Emmy’s on how Sherlock Season 4 will go

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 28, 2014 10:11 am  #293

Darker from the outset?    Oh help!

Slaughter Stream Cave, Gloustershire or Shatter Cave, Somerset? 

Whatever, it won't be Disappointment Pot, Yorkshire 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 28, 2014 10:30 am  #294

Sounds like very nice places, Harriet. 

Yes, exactly my thought. Even darker than HLV? 

August 28, 2014 10:42 am  #295

Perfect locations for a dark scene. Better than just a forgotten tube station 

Personally, I don't need this "The next series will be darker, more thrilling, better more exciting etc blah blah" stuff at all. Kind of boring, if you ask me.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 28, 2014 10:44 am  #296

I don't think it is boring but where is it heading actually? Can't top yourself forever.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 28, 2014 10:47 am  #297

Right, that is what I find frustrating - don't they consider it?

I think it's kind of boring because it's kind of predictable. They will find something - anything - that is supposed to excite me more.

August 28, 2014 11:12 am  #298

I'd have hoped that they would use the Special for something compeletly different (and I have no idea what that could be and look like, but still...), but I suppose they can't just give us a one-off episode whithout concerning themselves with the ending of HLV.
I admit: I like it dark. I like it when it hurts, and the darker episodes appeal the most to me. But you can go only that far, I suppose, or you will end up having nothing more than darkness. I'm sure they will us thrilling stories to go with that darkness, but I hope their motto won't just be "Let's make it darker than before".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 28, 2014 12:09 pm  #299

SolarSystem wrote:

I'd have hoped that they would use the Special for something compeletly different (and I have no idea what that could be and look like, but still...), but I suppose they can't just give us a one-off episode whithout concerning themselves with the ending of HLV.

I'm so with you there- I'd have loved something unusual, like a change of location. Which we still might get, but as you so rightly pointed out, they can't just ignore the ending of HLV.
Unless the Christmas episode will use a time lapse! Hmmm.... maybe they do have a cunning plan for it, as cunning as only Baldrick could ever be!
Argh, everything's possible!

August 28, 2014 12:20 pm  #300

I guess I'm very influenced by "Doctor Who" when it comes to such a Special, because at least one of DW's Christmas Specials basically really ignored the ending of the previous season and just did something that had nothing to do with it. And it worked so perfectly. But then of course... The Doctor travels through time all the time (haha!), so anything is possible.
A time lapse would be possible with "Sherlock", too, though... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera