BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2014 9:52 pm  #261

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2014 9:56 pm  #262

I would actually prefer that actors  not so well known would get the chance to act in such well known series and make themselves a name. Like Andrew Scott - maybe he is well known in UK but for me was unknown. 

August 10, 2014 10:18 pm  #263

I don't get these articles, this whole Hiddleston idea from it roots is fanmade, even the talks about a third Holmes brother and now Mark is "reportedly" trying to get Tom. That get's better and better and is totally bollocks. That's not even a rumour, it's wishful thinking. I looooove Hiddlebum  but I don't believe for a second that this will happen. And like it's already said they usually chose actors who aren't well known.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 11, 2014 7:14 am  #264

I did not believe it for a second because I had seen so many wishful tumblr posts as soon as HLV aired and the "third brother" was mentioned. And I did not read anywhere else about "The Blue Carbuncle" being the basis for the special either. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2014 8:47 am  #265

Has this been posted yet? I don't know if this is the right place. But apparently, Amanda knows how "it" (her death) is going to happen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asExb-6l2KA   Which is... interesting. I think.

August 15, 2014 10:11 am  #266

Hera wrote:

Has this been posted yet? I don't know if this is the right place. But apparently, Amanda knows how "it" (her death) is going to happen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asExb-6l2KA   Which is... interesting. I think.

Ah, that fits in with something someone told me last year too. Perfect. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 15, 2014 10:21 am  #267

Well, maybe she just thinks she knows how it's going to happen... after all, she didn't know where her character would go in HLV while she was filming the first two episodes of S3. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 27, 2014 9:24 am  #268

Here is Martin in a short BBC Wales radio interview on the Emmys and series 4:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-28948609

August 27, 2014 12:45 pm  #269

SusiGo wrote:

I was just going to link to that one, Susi, since I thought it's very interesting what Martin said at the end about Amanda.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 27, 2014 12:57 pm  #270

Kerkerian wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I was just going to link to that one, Susi, since I thought it's very interesting what Martin said at the end about Amanda.

My audio is quite bad and I can't really hear what he says there...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 27, 2014 1:11 pm  #271

mrshouse wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

My audio is quite bad and I can't really hear what he says there...

The audio is bad indeed. This is not a direct quote because of that, so please feel free to correct me if I got something wrong, but he says what's been explained to him, Ben and Amanda about the overall-arch of the new series is so exciting!
To me, that doesn't sound as though they'll kill Mary off right away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 27, 2014 4:18 pm  #272

I thought the final comment was : it's so touching...so I think she dies a goodie!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2014 4:44 pm  #273

Urg, sugary icing...

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 27, 2014 4:57 pm  #274

No I was thinking more her dying to save one of the boys or her child or something...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2014 5:35 pm  #275

I still hope she doesn´t die at all but escapes and goes into hiding.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 27, 2014 5:45 pm  #276

But that would give less potential to be devastating, touching or stuff like that...

August 27, 2014 5:49 pm  #277

Well, do we know for sure that those "devastating" twists would concern Mary?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 27, 2014 6:00 pm  #278

True

August 27, 2014 6:03 pm  #279

I was referring to the 'touching' part...if that is what Martin said.

August 27, 2014 6:32 pm  #280

In a transricpt I read at the end he repeated that it was so "exciting". There was no mention of "touching". 

Just found it:

Interviewer: Sherlock of course, back next year. Filming starts in January. I suppose all we know at this stage is that it will definitely be full of surprises, do you know much more than that?
Martin: Yeah. Well we know a bit more than that but obviously nothing I would say or could explain as eloquently as Steven Moffat or Mark Gatiss could. Yeah but it’s going to be full of surprises for you and for us and for everybody, I think that’s what they are really good at and I think that we just know to expect the unexpected now but within the parameters of a world we all sort of know and love quite well and we know this characters pretty well and we know the world that they inhabit and what’s been explained to me and Ben and to Amanda Abbington my miss who plays Mary has been very very exciting. The plans that they’ve got for the sort of the overarching series is… Oh! Man… it’s just.. it’s just so exciting!

Last edited by SusiGo (August 27, 2014 6:38 pm)

Board footera