BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2014 9:24 pm  #241

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. But will they wait until early 2017? Or go for a summer airing?

I think summer usually isn't a clever time, so maybe autumn...? I doubt that they will wait until the beginning of 2017, on the other hand... it would give them more time to do other things and plan for S5.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 11, 2014 4:09 pm  #242

I think it will be in atumn or winter 2016. But that depends on so many different factors that none date, even in 2017, will surprise me.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 11, 2014 9:14 pm  #243

Don't think it'll be 2017.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 12, 2014 11:55 am  #244

Maybe it will be summertime 2016. August/September?

If you think about it, that's when they normally show new series of Doctor Who, right? I mean, we got the Christmas special, and now we're getting the new series at the end of this August. That kind of format might work for Sherlock too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 12, 2014 7:39 pm  #245

Sure, but Doctor Who has 13 episodes, Sherlock just 3. I don't think it will be summer / late summer, too less audience due to holidays. Maybe autum, October or November.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 13, 2014 6:21 pm  #246

1st series of Sherlock aired in the Summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 13, 2014 7:55 pm  #247

I think the Christmas Special could change everything in terms of an air date. It's the first time we get a Special, so it's almost impossible to predict what effect that will have on the air date of S4.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 13, 2014 7:56 pm  #248

Is it definitely a Xmas special?

July 13, 2014 8:23 pm  #249

Martin said so in an interview.

July 13, 2014 8:24 pm  #250

So he did!

July 14, 2014 10:40 am  #251

If filming in January2015...then I would hope special is for xmas2015 and new series maybe for Easter holiday/spring break 2016 start.

July 14, 2014 12:43 pm  #252

I can't see the new series airing before Summer 2016.

July 16, 2014 10:02 pm  #253

I'm just looking forward to filming tbh. SETLOCK sadgjsdlkj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16, 2014 10:07 pm  #254

I certainly won't be able to make the special one...
I don't think I'll even catch the series one, cos Benedict may still be in Hamlet, when I'm down  in the October and they could have finished by the following April...ooh, maybe I'll make the end part.

Last edited by besleybean (July 16, 2014 10:07 pm)

July 16, 2014 10:35 pm  #255

I'm going to try and go to as many as possible this time. I got a little addicted after the last couple that I went to. Especially when Martin touched my arm. *swoons*

July 17, 2014 7:12 am  #256

You fan girl.  Tee Hee.

July 17, 2014 7:15 am  #257

Wish I could go as well. *sigh*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 19, 2014 5:39 pm  #258

I want 2015 & 2016 now. *cry*

July 21, 2014 5:54 am  #259

I'm absolutely determined to go and watch the filming this time. If they're actually going to film the Christmas special in January it should work out easily for me. January is a good time to get a few days off where I'm working.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 4, 2014 9:35 pm  #260

I don't think it would "hurt" the ratings if they show S4 in summer 2016, there could be public viewing, yeah!!! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera