BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2014 7:29 am  #201

Re: New speculation about shooting and airing in 2015

besleybean wrote:

Molly being the criminal mastermind?!

Now that would be real unexpected twist. Although sounds very interesting. I can't see how could it be possible in series 4 when in series 3 she helped save Sherlock's life but anyway I would like to see this

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 3, 2014 7:30 am  #202

I would be shocked if there was something really, really bad about Mycroft (be it in the past or the present). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2014 7:33 am  #203

That is certainly the line I have been working on...the other brother...also, did he know Moriarty still lived...if he is alive?!

Last edited by besleybean (July 3, 2014 7:34 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2014 7:35 am  #204

Oh yes, Susi, this.

Hmm ... what about the theory of the third Holmes brother???

EDIT: bb was faster.

Last edited by gently69 (July 3, 2014 7:36 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 3, 2014 7:37 am  #205

SusiGo wrote:

I would be shocked if there was something really, really bad about Mycroft (be it in the past or the present). 

Oh yes, I agree. Since Mark changed his twitter profile pic to Redbeard... maybe they will (also) use the Special to go back in time (and I'm not speaking of the Tardis here ) and explore the relationship between Sherlock and Mycroft a little more?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 3, 2014 7:41 am  #206

Would be interesting. There has to be quite a lot of resentment/jealousy/hurt whatever buried there. Think of the exchange in ASiP about upsetting Mummy. And possibly "the other one" provided it really applies to another Holmes sibling and not another person having familial sentiments for their brother. 

Sorry, gently, had not seen your post. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 3, 2014 7:42 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2014 7:54 am  #207

Maybe it's just a Red Herring, but I would like to believe that they included Mycroft's "the other one" for a reason. Either they wanted us to speculate about it for two years... or they really intend to return to this and give us more. Which I'd like.

Do we need a new thread for this, by the way? I know we have several threads with ideas for S4 already... Maybe an extra thread just for the Special? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 3, 2014 8:20 am  #208

Oh god i'd be devastated if anything happened to Mycroft. He has become my favourite character throughout the seasons and I've never been that attached to a character (any fandom) before. 

On the other hand, i'd be overjoyed if the special dealt with the brothers' past. I don't want to know everything about it, i think it's important to keep a part of mystery and speculations about those two, but i really wouldn't be against a few glimpses if their childhood/teenage days and to understand more this tension (and yet they care a great deal about each other) between them.

Ah and of course I'm dying to know what's (or rather who!) is behind "the other one" (a third brother)

Oh and I can't see how that'd be possible but weirdly enough, I have no problem imagining Molly as THE criminal mastermind. That'd be brilliant (though it would kinda be a repeat of mary)

Just like old times...

July 3, 2014 8:57 am  #209

Punch me in the face wrote:

Oh god i'd be devastated if anything happened to Mycroft. He has become my favourite character throughout the seasons and I've never been that attached to a character (any fandom) before.

It certainly would be horrible to lose Mycroft, for whatever reasons. The scenes with him and Sherlock in S3 were all wonderful.
That being said... a really terrible thing that could happen would be for one of the regular characters to die. And I guess after Sherlock faking his death and seeing what this did to Sherlock and John, it might be logical to have someone die for real now. And the way I see it, the biggest impact would probably be if that person were Mycroft. I know, I know... but an episode that involves "the other one" might just lead to exactly that. And if somehow Sherlock were involved in Mycroft's death... okay, I know, I'll shut up now. I just know: we'd all be heartbroken. 

July 3, 2014 9:25 am  #210

Oh god ... I can't imagine that ...
Mycroft is my third beloved character in the show.

What if someone else would die? Molly? Lestrade? Mrs. Hudson?

Ah, I think it will be something with Mary.

Last edited by gently69 (July 3, 2014 9:27 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 3, 2014 9:51 am  #211

I'm not sure I like the implications of another "dark" episode ... I think I really can't take another TRF or HLV. I actually hoped it would become less dark and less dramatic... a step back into more relaxed and fun terrain instead of more heartbreak

I have no idea what to expect... at this point, anything seems possible. A main character dying, maybe Mycroft, would really put me off. I've had drama enough, I really don't want to see more devastated Sherlock, thank you. I adore Mycroft and Molly, no harm to them please
I really would love a childhood episode, or a crime abroad... but even that wouldn't be unexpected at this point I think.
Or maybe they finish the Mary storyline with something really shocking - another twist on her character - actually she has been always the good wife and has a bad twin who is the serial killer and John accidently dated two women. okay. not very likely :D :D but then the twin could keep the baby, that's what I like about it.

Last edited by Whisky (July 3, 2014 9:55 am)

"It is what it is."

July 3, 2014 10:03 am  #212

Mary and her twin. Oh, I really like your creativity, Whisky! Especially that part that the twin could keep the baby. 
But I agree with you: I think I really can't take another TRF or HLV. I actually hoped it would become less dark and less dramatic..
Who knows: Maybe "dark" just means another case in the underground? 
Let's hope and see........

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 3, 2014 10:06 am  #213

I definitely see what you mean, Whisky, and I do agree with you up to a certain point.
I just think we are long past "more relaxed and fun" - although we had relaxed and fun scenes in S3. But you can't make unhappen what already happened, and I suppose it would not be very realistic to go back to where we were in S1 and parts of S2. 
It would be nice though to have a more light-hearted Special and then get a bit more dramatic again in the three following episodes. 

Btw, I think what would come quite unexpected would be a S4 that tells one huge story that lasts throughout all three episodes. I know that would mean we'd have a huge case and probably a really bad villain, and I know that a lot of fans would like to have more 'normal' and small cases again. At this point I have no idea what I would prefer...

July 3, 2014 10:16 am  #214

And I really do wonder what they are going to do...
Just a few other musings:
The Xmas short seemed very much an intro to the new story arc of S4.
So it will be interesting ro see what the purpose of the stand alone episode is...or whether they really do it like a fantasy, fun thing...to lull us all into a false sense of security!
Then wham, hit us with a dark S4!
Course they could do the stand alone as a whole back story thing.
Or even the other way around.
Wham us straight into a datk stand alone episode..
Then we have to wait til S4 to get the explanation!
Maybe if we get some clue words.

Last edited by besleybean (July 3, 2014 10:40 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2014 10:28 am  #215

Sorry, could you explain what "datk" means?

July 3, 2014 10:35 am  #216

'dark', probably...?

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 3, 2014 10:35 am)

July 3, 2014 10:40 am  #217

Apologies.
I know I should wear my specs...
I will correct the spelling.

July 3, 2014 1:55 pm  #218

Not too dark, please! I do like a bit of darkness... but it worries me! 

I don't want anything bad to happen to any of our characters really...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 3, 2014 2:00 pm  #219

besleybean wrote:

Apologies.
I know I should wear my specs...
I will correct the spelling.

Okay. I thought it was a new acronym I did not know. 

July 3, 2014 5:25 pm  #220

If anyone had to die I must confess I'd pick Molly.  I don't hate the character by any means but she is the one I have the least emotional attachment to.

Not counting Mary.  I really wouldn't have a problem with Marly dieing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera