BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2014 7:04 am  #1

Real life John Watson

There is a real life John Watson who is the CFO of Chevron Corporation
note: see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._Watson_(Chevron)

I was thinking we could compile a list of real life people with the same names as the characters from Sherlock

There seems to be a real life James Moriarty who is a composer of classical musical
note: see: http://jamesmoriarty.net/

Please help me to add more

May 12, 2014 7:51 pm  #2

Re: Real life John Watson

John Watson is a fairly common name. I had a partner name John Watson for a number of years in some volunteer work that I did. He was an insufferable know-it-all. Sherlock Holmes was so far off my radar back then that I never thought anything of the name, although I vaguely did the association.

(I want to thank Martin Freeman for incarnating an adorable and likeable John Watson and making me forget about the real life version. )

Mary

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 12, 2014 8:23 pm  #3

Real one should be John Hamish Watson, shouldn´t he? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2014 11:22 pm  #4

We should try and find a list of John Watsons in the army, or John Watsons who are doctors. That would be cool. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 13, 2014 1:30 am  #5

The John Watson I knew was in the medical field, a paramedic. A useless one however, not the kind you'd want around if you came across a poor sod who impaled himself on a ski pole, though. Oh, fond memories.

Mary

May 13, 2014 9:35 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

We should try and find a list of John Watsons in the army, or John Watsons who are doctors. That would be cool. 

General Medical Council is only to happy to oblige

May 13, 2014 9:49 am  #7

belis wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

General Medical Council is only to happy to oblige

Plenty of John Watsons there... now if we could only find some real life Sherlocks to match them....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 27, 2014 12:46 am  #8

nakahara wrote:

Plenty of John Watsons there... now if we could only find some real life Sherlocks to match them....

I spoke to a William (Bill) Holmes today. Does that count as close enough?

It's been a VERY strange day... I got my cases for the week and the accused in one of them is named John Watson (told you it's a popular name!). Feeling slightly weirded out.

Mary

May 27, 2014 6:33 am  #9

maryagrawatson wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I spoke to a William (Bill) Holmes today. Does that count as close enough?

It's been a VERY strange day... I got my cases for the week and the accused in one of them is named John Watson (told you it's a popular name!). Feeling slightly weirded out.

Mary

Wow, that´s bizzare!

Board footera