BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2014 6:04 pm  #161

Re: Letters Live

And here's the photos with us girls. Sorry if they're a bit large...

Doing the Benedict pointy thing. (From left to right: Stine {=Kerkerian's non-forum friend}, Kerkerian, Biggles86, clareiow, rebeccaholmes, TeeJay)

Not doing the Benedict pointy thing:

Selfie while waiting in the queue (Stine, Kerkerian, Biggles86, TeeJay):

And a few photos of picturesque Hay-on-Wye, which Biggles86 and I went exploring for a little while:

Last edited by TeeJay (June 1, 2014 7:57 am)

May 31, 2014 6:14 pm  #162

WOW TeeJay! Those pictures of Ben are amazing! He looks so handsome in them! 

You girls look like you had a blast! So happy so many of you got to go!! 

I am hoping things will work out for Hamlet, would love to meet you girls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 6:27 pm  #163

Fabolous pictures! It's great to watch your wide smiles, you must have had a wonderful time. The pointy one is my favourite!

The scenery you captured is beautiful. I can never frame a picture properly and make a wonderful scenery look wonderful in the picture but you certainly can.

Aaand Benedict. The light makes his hair glow, the colour is beautiful Still not sure about the haircut, though. The videos are another proof of his talent and the fact he can express all emotions. I wish I was there!

Thank you TeeJay for sharing the photos and videos, and posting them so quickly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 31, 2014 7:17 pm  #164

Wow, great pictures TeeJay! I wish I could have been there, it looks like such a fun meeting!

And Benedict, he´s.. just wow. This one pic where he looks directly at the camera.. *thud* 

May 31, 2014 8:22 pm  #165

Oh. My. God.  Is it possible to love that man any more???  What a fantastic 2 days and so lovely to meet people from the forum.  Kerkerian, I am forever in your debt for giving me your spare ticket for today!

I knew it was going to be good when I turned on the radio yesterday morning and the first thing I heard was Benedict reading the 500 words story. 

A huge amount of queuing but all so worth it.  Benedict read beautifully and actually acted each character from the letters so you were instantly swept into their world and emotions.  The love story between a soldier and his sweetheart back home (Chris & Bessie) just beautiful and spead over the two days.  His chemistry with Lou today just made it that but more special.  Iggy Pop's letter today was fab, everything just amazing!

He was funny, serious, heartbreaking and as always humble with the adulation poured on him.  Looked slightly uncomfortable trying to get through the crowds at the end but my goodness, I just run out of words to describe how wonderful he is!

One of the scariest things I've ever done on my own but thank you girls for looking out for me and putting up with my random bursts of excitement!!!  I'm so glad I was a part of this magical experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

May 31, 2014 8:27 pm  #166

Biggles, that sounds wonderful!
And thanks so much for sharing those special Benedict moments with us! I'm sure this will stay with you for a long time.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 31, 2014 8:27 pm  #167

Hi guys..... I'm still alive but only just!! So I have no photo, no audio or video of what happened, sadly.

But this is what happened.....

Ok so me and Bex and a lady from twitter called Chrissie were hanging around when Bex suddenly saw Benedict and Louise just walking through, no-one taking notice, no security. Ben waved and said hello to a little toddler running past and then someone asked for a photo and he said he couldn't stop.

They were with a guy called James Byng as well. They walked past us and towards the Tata tent rear entrance which is down a corridor...I stood at the end with my sketchbook in hand and couldn't move, just watching from afar. Then, suddenly they start walking back.

They're literally right in front of me and Bex is a way behind me. Just as they're about to pass (Benedict is chatting with loo at this point) I smile at James, James smiles back and I just thought, if I don't ask now I'm done for. So, I say: "Benedict would you look at my drawing?"

He looks back sort of saying he can't stop, but then he does a double take as he sees my drawing and his eyes widen and goes: "Wow" ..Then he looks at me right in the eyes and says "it's fantastic".

Then he says he has to go with an apologetic wave and i just crumble...

While I'm crying into Bex's arms, he then apparently turned again, looked at me and then looked at Chrissie and gave a thumbs up, she said she was convinced it was for me.

I'm still shaking, I'm still in dreamland. His eyes are so much paler in real life and they pierce through to your soul. He's also much more freckly in real life and his skin is flawless.

Should also mention I got a hug off Loo when she saw my drawing earlier in the day, and yesterday Bex and I met James Rhodes and had our picture taken with him!!!

All in all, 11 letters read by Benedict, meeting Benedict, Loo, James, and time with friends..... I'd say that was perfection!!!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 31, 2014 8:37 pm  #168

Thank you for your reports, Biggles and Clare, what a wonderful experience.
And I am very happy with your description of Benedict, Clare. Honestly, I don't know if I could take it that he looks even better in real life. 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 31, 2014 8:41 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 31, 2014 8:39 pm  #169

OMG Clare I am so happy for you! I knew it would happen some day, and you know he is so right. Your drawings are fantastic!! Which one did you show him? 

I am gushing with happiness for you girls, reading your experiences is amazing!

I won't say I'm not jealous, but it really does warm my heart to hear of dreams coming true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 8:48 pm  #170

Clare, I was reading your twitter today and yesterday and could practically feel your excitement! Phantom is absolutely right, it's wonderful to see that dreams do come true! It must have been a hell of a moment when Benedict suddenly turned around and you got the chance to show him your drawing.
Photo or not, video or not, you've been there in the moment, you felt the excitement, you looked into his eyes... what more can a girl ask for?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 31, 2014 9:05 pm  #171

I second that.
Thanks so much again for that lovely report!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 31, 2014 9:08 pm  #172

Yay, Clare (IOW), I'm so happy he got a look at the James drawing! That's so cool! I can imagine that you're over the moon! \o/ *does a little happy dance*

Clare (Biggles), I'm happy to look out for you any day. If you need more moral support in any endeavour to meet Benedict, you have my e-mail or phone, right? And if there's going to be another UK gathering, I'd love to attend if I can fit it into my schedule.

So Benedict did the Chris and Bessie letters with Loo today? Wow. Man, I'm so sorry that I missed that. Instead I was attending a local circus show with my friends and their almost 4-year-old. Not quite as exciting, as you can imagine... But still a nice day, and I got to stare at pictures of Benedict for a good portion of the day, so what's to complain about?

Oh, and Marta? I will admit that the scenery photos didn't come out of my camera that way. I ran a few filters on them to make the colours pop a little more. Ah, the wonders of image editing.

Last edited by TeeJay (May 31, 2014 9:09 pm)

May 31, 2014 9:12 pm  #173

I'm just so happy. Have no other words, or expressions. I've a permanent smirk on my face!

The fact is, he's flawless. Beautiful, smooth, much more buff - he is not skinny, at all. His eyes are the palest icy green, he's not as tall (as many have said) as you think. And he's so softly spoken.

The way his eyes widened when he saw it, his cheeks puffed as he said wow.... I just wish he'd been able to stop. Just for a second.

It was so Lovely to meet everyone and Teejay, yes we need to engineer more. I've had a hit. And now I'm addicted!!!

I'm clueing for looks

May 31, 2014 9:15 pm  #174

Clare I just think I Thudded from your description

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 9:24 pm  #175

Hi everyone!

I can't even begin to type how amazing this weekend has been. It's been so lovely to meet so many of you off here, and TeeJay, thank you ever so much for your photos!

I'll post a couple of mine on here, but the rest I'll stick on the 'Favourite Photos' thread.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 31, 2014 9:27 pm  #176

Becca, those are so lovely! So glad you all had such a good time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 9:32 pm  #177

And here's me and Rebecca with James Rhodes!! He was lovely

I'm clueing for looks

May 31, 2014 9:39 pm  #178

Oh, James makes me so happy!

I do have to post this photo of mine here though...

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 31, 2014 9:40 pm  #179

rebecca, that pic is what I call perfect timing!

May 31, 2014 9:42 pm  #180

Bite it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera