BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2014 10:53 am  #141

Re: Letters Live

May 31, 2014 10:56 am  #142

May 31, 2014 12:47 pm  #143

Good to hear from you, girls! You seem to have a great time!

"clareiow" wrote:

Benedict read four letters from the Christopher and Bessie series, as well as one from Ted Hughes to his son and the most heartbreaking of all, a goodbye letter from Scott of Antarctica to his widow and young son. He had to pause at one point to choke back a tear, as well as the rest of us.

Wow, it had to be an amazing experience.

TeeJay, I'm glad you had a good view. The photo you posted is amazing, the official ones can't be better than yours. And did you say videos?

I agree, the review is more a love declaration but hey, it's all true

Enjoy the day two and keep writing and sharing your experience with us!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 31, 2014 12:54 pm  #144

Yes, I shot two short videos, but they're a bit wobbly and I need to turn them by 90°. I'm going to work on the photos now and post everything as soon as I can -- promise!! Also, today's reading should have finished by now. Got a text from Clare earlier that they made it into the tent, but I'm curious to hear more!

May 31, 2014 2:20 pm  #145

Thank you TeeJay! I'll be patient and wait for them. 

Ben's wonderful turn as Iggy Pop, so beautifully delivered! http://consultinginternetlover.tumblr.com/post/87387949378/very-low-quality-video-but-he-was-splendid-as 

May 31, 2014 2:31 pm  #146

I so wish I could have gone, but not brave enough to go alone and it's really not my boyfriend's thing
I'm thrilled to bits that everyone seems to have had a great time. Did anyone hear from Biggles? Hope she was OK.
It's made me determined to see Hamlet!

Last edited by Tinks (May 31, 2014 2:33 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 31, 2014 2:32 pm  #147

May 31, 2014 2:38 pm  #148

I would love to hear a recording of that! Loo and Ben have lovely chemistry.  How are the girls doing? Still reeling from the experience I should think.  I wonder if I'll be able to handle that sort of sensory overload...

May 31, 2014 3:47 pm  #149

Jealous!! Enjoy ladies!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

May 31, 2014 3:48 pm  #150

Yes, Biggles made it just fine yesterday, no major hiccups.

May 31, 2014 3:50 pm  #151

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I would love to hear a recording of that! Loo and Ben have lovely chemistry.  How are the girls doing? Still reeling from the experience I should think.  I wonder if I'll be able to handle that sort of sensory overload...

From what I read on Clare's twitter she was able to show him one of her drawings today... it seems she and Rebecca had a great day! Those girls rule!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 31, 2014 4:07 pm  #152

Just checked her twitter.. omg she made it!!  Can´t say how happy I am for both of them!

May 31, 2014 4:34 pm  #153

Whoohoo, that's awesome! And now I'm more than just a tiny bit envious.

May 31, 2014 4:38 pm  #154

All right, I've got the videos ready to go. They're from two different letters he read, though I must admit I don't remember which ones exactly they were. Maybe the other girls can help me out with that.

Last edited by TeeJay (May 31, 2014 4:39 pm)

May 31, 2014 4:39 pm  #155

That brought tears to my eyes! So pleased
And proof that if you believe in something hard enough it can happen

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 31, 2014 4:56 pm  #156

Just beautiful. So so beautiful. Was the first one Chris's letter to Bessie and the second Robert Scott's last letter to his wife? The second one sounds incredibly heartbreaking...must be quite an experience listening to him live!! How was it like TeeJay?

May 31, 2014 5:24 pm  #157

Firstly, OMG I'm so effing happy to hear that they got to meet Ben!! 

The videos are precious, gosh I adore him when he reads! I don't even know where to start... all of you who got to see this live are so lucky and I'm so thrilled for you! I'm only glad videos have emerged! TeeJays, yours were especially lovely and such good quality! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 5:29 pm  #158

Le Bear Polar wrote:

Just beautiful. So so beautiful. Was the first one Chris's letter to Bessie and the second Robert Scott's last letter to his wife?

Yes, you got it.

The second one sounds incredibly heartbreaking...must be quite an experience listening to him live!! How was it like TeeJay?

Scott's last letter was very moving. The series with Chris and Bessie's letters was a lot more upbeat and got a lot of laughs from the audience. Some of them were a bit naughty, and Benedict really managed to get all the emotion across.

And bias aside, Benedict's performance was really the best of all the readers, with the possible exception of Chris Evans. They couldn't have "cast" anyone better to do this.

I wish I had more time to write down my account of things, but I just literally spent hours getting the photos ready. I didn't expect for such a lot of them to turn out decent. I ended up with over 50 from the event, and most of them have Benedict in them. I'll upload them in a little bit, bear with me.

May 31, 2014 5:35 pm  #159

Make sure you get some rest in between, too, TeeJay! Don't wanna exhaust yourself. But oh! Sounds like quite the unforgettable experience.  I'm living vicariously through all of you!

May 31, 2014 5:50 pm  #160

Okay, photo time, then I'm gonna go watch a movie (non-Benedict!) with my bestie. Here's a quick best-of, but if you wanna see all the photos (or the full size versions), you can look at them in my gallery. (Feel free to repost.)

Last edited by TeeJay (May 31, 2014 6:13 pm)

Board footera