BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2016 7:39 pm  #341

Re: Letters Live

Did you guys enjoy?  Thought it was beautiful.  But….  oh wow…. when was searching for other letters, came across the one Timothy Carlton did! 
He apparently read two letters – one, a heartwarming open letter from Juan Gelman to find his missing grandchild and another in honor of the late Michael White, who died the week before, from Mark Forstater about the Monty Python And The Holy Grail film.

https://twitter.com/letterslive/status/709840279105310721

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 21, 2016 8:09 pm  #342

Are there any videos from this year's Letters Live?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2016 9:35 pm  #343

So far I have only seen the one read by Hassan, a Syrian refugee. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2016 9:37 pm  #344

Besides the one from Hassan I posted?  I'm not sure…..     (yet, anyway.)   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 21, 2016 10:15 pm  #345

Oh, I somehow missed that one, thanks. From there I found a video of Ben Kingsley reading a letter from Gandhi to Hitler, and a couple of others, that were uploaded a month ago so I guess they are from the most recent Letters Live.

None of Benedict, unfortunately

Last edited by ukaunz (March 21, 2016 10:26 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 20, 2016 7:41 am  #346

Letters Live returns to London October 4 - 7, 2016. Tickets on sale via Ticketmaster from Friday 9am.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 20, 2016 7:43 am  #347

Ooh, I'm just there in time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 20, 2016 7:57 am  #348

Gosh, I want to go! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 20, 2016 8:43 pm  #349

As a returning costumer I should have received an email with an access link/code for an exclusive Ticketmaster presale starting on Thursday. Of course I only just realised that I did not receive this email and of course their customer support is not available now and will only be back tomorrow morning at the same time when I hoped to buy my tickets. I don't think it will sell out immediately but I have certain preferences about my seat location (not neccessarily what the ticketing website deems as "best seat") and I will be travelling on Friday when the general sale starts.  *Sigh* First world problems. 

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 21, 2016 12:53 pm  #350

Tickets booked! Got my presale code from Ticketmaster via their customer support on Twitter. Now I hope that I can actually make it there.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

July 21, 2016 2:23 pm  #351

Good to hear, diva! Lucky you! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 6, 2016 8:58 pm  #352

I was just listening to Sophie reading a letter a mother wrote to Jo Rowling, I'm in tears. It's just audio, but that doesn't matter. Must be hard to read that aloud being a mother herself.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 6, 2016 9:05 pm  #353

Yes, this is heartbreaking. Kudos to Sophie for managing to do this and to the mother who wrote the letter. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 6, 2016 9:13 pm  #354

Yes, this is heartbreaking. Kudos to Sophie for managing to do this and heartfelt wishes to the mother who wrote the letter. 

November 6, 2016 4:19 pm  #355

found this, read by Louise and Sophie, well done and also funny

In 1950, English actress Hermione Gingold appeared on stage in London alongside Hermione Baddeley in Fallen Angels, a Noel Coward comedy in which--controversially at the time--the two female leads contemplate adultery. Gingold soon received a threatening letter from a disgusted member of the public. With no address at which to aim a reply, Gingold instead responded with a letter that was reprinted in her 1952 book, My Own Unaided Work.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 6, 2016 5:01 pm  #356

Yes, that one is very funny, well done by both of them. 

November 21, 2016 1:25 pm  #357

Letters Live announced on Twitter that they are planning a "special show" for December, though no details yet.

@letterslive
We have a very unique and special show coming up in December - details to come in the next few days. Very exciting.

https://twitter.com/letterslive/status/800389297610358784

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 22, 2016 11:05 am  #358

Just found this event on December 14 in Brixton advertised on Twitter:

@PrisonRadioUK
Book yourself a ticket to this incredible, exclusive @letterslive event inside a prison, to raise money for the PRA.

http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/letters-live-letters-from-the-inside-hmp-brixton-wednesday-14-december-2016/

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

November 29, 2016 10:42 pm  #359

Benedict rehearsing for Letters Live
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNZ8NHnB6Bw/

A huge gallery of photos of Benedict and Sophie at the event
http://cumberbatch-benedict.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=109

Last edited by ukaunz (November 30, 2016 2:28 am)

November 30, 2016 8:30 am  #360

Thanks for sharing, ukaunz, it looks like it was a beautiful event again.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera