BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2014 6:51 pm  #281

Re: Letters Live

Here are some of Clare's drawings:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5065&p=1
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=172126#p172126

And I think there are some in the general "fan art" thread as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2014 6:55 pm  #282

Thank you, Susi! The drawings really are beautiful, no wonder Benedict was impressed!!

June 17, 2014 10:13 pm  #283

Aww thank you, I'm really glad you like them. The second one Susi so kindly linked is my latest one - I'm hoping to show him at the TiG premiere. Everybody keep your fingers crossed lol!!

And Biggles. THANK YOU for my lovely letter. I'll be replying soon xx

I'm clueing for looks

April 10, 2015 6:00 pm  #284

This doesn't quite go in Ben and Loo's Letters Live thread, or in 'tweets' either, but I'm so loving this.    Ben's friend Adam (so cool he and their production company was there, and also been tweeting about the awesomeness of the event), re-tweeted this the other day:

That's just great… not only writing a letter to thank them for the awesome event dedicated to letters, but keeping the fun spirit of it alive by playing around with the fantasy and beautiful style of it.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 13, 2015 11:58 am  #285

Here is a little video released by Letters Live. Wish I had been there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1890s8zs14

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 13, 2015 12:11 pm  #286

That would really be an experaince. 

If you've never taken a look at the "Letters of Note" book I highly recomend you get yourself a copy.
Not only is it fascinating, it's also beautiful.  They include photos of the actual letters so that you can see the handwriting and stationary.

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Note-Collection-Correspondence-Deserving/dp/1452134251/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431519045&sr=1-1&keywords=letters+of+note

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 13, 2015 12:59 pm  #287

*sigh* wonderful...

I'm reading Letters of Note at the moment. No chance of picking a favourite letter, they are all different and each one is amazing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2015 1:08 pm  #288

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a little video released by Letters Live. Wish I had been there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1890s8zs14

Same here. The line-up was amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 13, 2015 1:17 pm  #289

tonnaree wrote:

That would really be an experaince. 

If you've never taken a look at the "Letters of Note" book I highly recomend you get yourself a copy.
Not only is it fascinating, it's also beautiful.  They include photos of the actual letters so that you can see the handwriting and stationary.

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Note-Collection-Correspondence-Deserving/dp/1452134251/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431519045&sr=1-1&keywords=letters+of+note

*put that on my list*

Also this could be a nice book to read. If you have certain voices in mind...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Dear-Bessie-Story-Letters/dp/1782115676/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431522695&sr=8-3&keywords=letters+of+note

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 13, 2015 2:22 pm  #290

My obsession with Ben has really expanded my Amazon Wishlist. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 13, 2015 2:23 pm  #291

Lol, you guys should see my bedside table...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 13, 2015 2:26 pm  #292

Good to know we are not obsessed. 

May 13, 2015 2:33 pm  #293

That's just what's within reach of where I am sitting right now (in bed at 12:32am). Even more BC-related paraphernalia near my tv...

But back to topic! I really hope they release a DVD of a more complete recording. How awesome would that be!?

May 13, 2015 3:08 pm  #294

Yes, I think they filmed all the shows. Not without purpose, I suppose. 

May 13, 2015 3:12 pm  #295

Just found this, made me smile:

May 13, 2015 3:31 pm  #296

Books that are sitting on my bedside table right now.

Black Mass
The Enigma
The Yellow Birds
Letters of Note
Benedict Cumberbatch in Transition
After the Dance

...........just to name a few.

And they are all sitting right below my BC calendar. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 15, 2015 7:42 am  #297

ukaunz wrote:

But back to topic! I really hope they release a DVD of a more complete recording. How awesome would that be!?

I wrote an email to Letters Live yesterday and asked if they have any plans for a DVD release. Maybe all of you who are interested should join? If there is enough demand ...

tonnaree wrote:

Black Mass
The Enigma
The Yellow Birds
Letters of Note
After the Dance

Oh no, tonnaree, I don't need more books at the moment.
I already read The Enigma, but ... Black Mass, The Yellow Birds, Letters of Note, After the Dance ....

(Tony Hadley)

May 15, 2015 12:39 pm  #298

gently69 wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

I wrote an email to Letters Live yesterday and asked if they have any plans for a DVD release. Maybe all of you who are interested should join? If there is enough demand ...

tonnaree wrote:

Black Mass
The Enigma
The Yellow Birds
Letters of Note
After the Dance

Oh no, tonnaree, I don't need more books at the moment.
I already read The Enigma, but ... Black Mass, The Yellow Birds, Letters of Note, After the Dance ....

You ALWAYS need more books gently.  Always.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 15, 2015 12:47 pm  #299

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 15, 2015 1:00 pm  #300

gently69 wrote:

Good idea gently

Board footera