BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2014 7:23 pm  #221

Re: Letters Live

If anyone is interested in reading my account of things, I have now written up a blog entry about it in my LiveJournal: http://tj-teejay.livejournal.com/140400.html (Feel free to friend me there if you have an account, though I don't really post all that much on LJ anymore.)

June 1, 2014 7:40 pm  #222

What lovely memories, thank you for writing this up so quickly!!  I am in the process of trying to do something similar although it's more of a diary entry.  Have only got to arriving at the Clyro car park so far so it could take a while and may not be interesting reading for anyone by the time I've finished.  Will see how it goes.

And yes, wonderful that we all seemed to have lots to talk about, I don't need to tell anyone bout my anxieties before the event but you were all so lovely. 

Poor Stine - she had more to put up with on Saturday and even threatened to write a story about how crazy we all are!!

Again, just a wonderful couple of days 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 1, 2014 7:44 pm  #223

Haha, I had lots of time to kill at Birmingham Airport today. And I'd love to read your diary entry, Biggles! I'd love to read Stine's story too

I can only echo the sentiment, I had a wonderful time. Definitely the highlight of my May UK vacation!

June 1, 2014 7:58 pm  #224

SusiGo wrote:

On another note: He made a surprise appearance at Judi Dench's Shakespeare recital today at Hay. It seems he asked her if she wanted to be with him in Richard III and she answered "Yeah". 
Hopefully there will be more pics and information about that. Love Judi Dench. 

Here is a pic:

http://instagram.com/p/otfZwny3MF/#

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow...!! That would be fantastic! There's nothing but a dame!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 1, 2014 8:08 pm  #225

clareiow wrote:

I feel AWFUL for saying this after such a wonderful experience but I wish I could have a picture to remind me of it, forever!

No need to feel awful. I'm pretty sure every single one of us went out there with a considerable amount of hope that we'd get a more personal experience than just seeing him up on a stage, reading out letters. At least I did.

We all know to treasure the wonderful experience we've had, but there's no shame in admitting that you had a secret wish it could be more, especially when you later hear that others experienced just what you had hoped to accomplish.

June 1, 2014 8:50 pm  #226

Thanks Teejay, I do feel awful for feeling that way, though I knew he wasn't able to stop - he was running late for the Ian McEwan talk and had gone to the wrong tent for it lol!! I'm happy. Especially since Bex was going through her phone and found this!!

Which shows it did happen! Although Loo looks a little scared of me - which is bothering me a little bit.

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 9:18 pm  #227

I don't think she looks scared, Clare - were you speaking to her here? Because it looks like she's trying to tune in to what you're asking whilst the other lady is talking to her.
Doesn't she look fab, too?
And you know what? You don't have a photo with him, but you got a connection - even better, imo.
Plus, call me crazy but I have a feeling in my bones that you will get that picture signed!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 9:42 pm  #228

Yes, exactly. Who says this'll be your or our last chance to get to talk to Benedict or get a picture taken with him? Aim high, this was just beginning, and anything is possible. Your or even our next chance will come, and sometimes it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. At least we know that he does turn up at events and conventions, which is more than I can say for a lot of other actors.

The Sherlockology con is going to be in autumn, right? I'm pretty sure he's set to appear there. There's also talk about another Letters Live event in autumn. I'm positive that you'll eventually get there.

June 1, 2014 9:50 pm  #229

Loved reading your report Teejay. Thank you for writing it up

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 9:52 pm  #230

Thanks guys! I'm so reassured - I was worried she looked a bit stand offish!

I'm smiling at James Byng at that point and literally about to ask! X

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 10:11 pm  #231

you must be on such a buzz right now
It's just occurred to me though - he obviously wasn't rushing off to the States yesterday, so I wonder when he'll film his Black Mass scenes?

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 10:22 pm  #232

Not a scooby's! He's been there all day - he's just been seen at the festival's final event, Bill Bailey!

As if I didn't love him anymore he likes Bill Bailey. Which means he must like Black Books! Eep!

I'm clueing for looks

June 2, 2014 5:33 am  #233

Well Martin's in it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 2, 2014 6:39 am  #234

I think we did not have this one, did we? From 16.00 there is very nice footage of Benedict and Louise. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGS05lVTYIQ

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2014 6:53 am  #235

Thanks Susi, that was lovely
And Rob Brydon too! (was he mimicking Benedict at the beginning there?!)
What a marvellous event!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 2, 2014 7:48 am  #236

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2014 9:30 am  #237

Just fabulous - will someone please sit up and take notice of how talented this man is??

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 2, 2014 9:49 am  #238

SusiGo wrote:

I think we did not have this one, did we? From 16.00 there is very nice footage of Benedict and Louise. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGS05lVTYIQ

21:37, oh my god...! He is wicked! Soooooo wicked! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 2, 2014 9:52 am  #239

He knows how to play his audience. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 2, 2014 9:52 am)

June 2, 2014 10:13 am  #240

He knows how to kill his audience...! 

Board footera