BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2014 9:51 pm  #181

Re: Letters Live

Widely regarded as the pic of the weekend Bex - Everybody note the bicep, if you please????

I'm clueing for looks

May 31, 2014 9:54 pm  #182

That bicep is illegal, totally illegal !!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 31, 2014 9:55 pm  #183

RAWR That one is so brilliant!

And such a cool photo of you girls with Rhodes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 31, 2014 10:11 pm  #184

I'm so thrilled for you all. I'm always nervous for people at things like this, in case he's disappointing, or rude, or whatever, so I'm so, so happy that you've all got such great memories
Biggies. - I feel proud of you I wish I had the guts to do something like this alone!
Teejay, Kerkirian - what lovely people you are; I hope you always treasure the memories
Bex and Clare - what can I say?? How sweet does Janes look?? I hope you had the best time ever, and Clare - it was only fitting he should see one of your drawings, and I'm absolutely certain that there will be a next time and you'll get it signed
(And I knew he had good skin; I've often commented on it in the picture thread! I love freckles, too:

Last edited by Tinks (May 31, 2014 10:12 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 31, 2014 10:20 pm  #185

Btw, can I just mention how difficult it was to capture Ben on camera when he was actually looking up? 90% of the time he had his face glued to the printouts on the podium. *sigh*

May 31, 2014 10:48 pm  #186

Tinks wrote:

I'm so thrilled for you all. I'm always nervous for people at things like this, in case he's disappointing, or rude, or whatever, so I'm so, so happy that you've all got such great memories
Biggies. - I feel proud of you I wish I had the guts to do something like this alone!
Teejay, Kerkirian - what lovely people you are; I hope you always treasure the memories
Bex and Clare - what can I say?? How sweet does Janes look?? I hope you had the best time ever, and Clare - it was only fitting he should see one of your drawings, and I'm absolutely certain that there will be a next time and you'll get it signed
(And I knew he had good skin; I've often commented on it in the picture thread! I love freckles, too:

It was such a pleasure to meet Biggles and Kerkerian and Teejay and everyone. Hay was everything I hoped for and more. and thank you Tinks, course I wish he could've signed it but I understood it was just something he couldn't do this time around. I'm sure there'll be other chances and I can draw on knowing *he* likes my work. I am bursting with joy. I just hope I don't forget that face he gave me.

I'm clueing for looks

May 31, 2014 10:54 pm  #187

Incidentally he looked very much like this ;)

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 1:43 am  #188

Just caught up with the madness. 

TeeJay, Kerkerian- Thank you so much for the account and TeeJay THE PHOTOS ARE AMAZING. I cannot say that enough. You ladies are gorgeous!! Such a beautiful experience. I'm so happy for all of you!!

TeeJay wrote:

THAT HALF-SMILE. Went straight to my thudding heart. Great shot TeeJay! 

Biggles - Does he look as yummy in real life as in the pictures? 

Clareiow - *HUGS* What a fantastic moment for you! Sounds like he really is swoon-worthy and so much more in person. And he really sounded impressed!  I cracked up at your "not as tall in real life" comment. I agree too! Boy doesn't he hate it when we say that. XD And it's great you got to meet Loo and James as well! That really is quite a bonus! 

Rebecca - Sounds overwhelming.  And that is one hell of a shot! (Ben and rose) I have a question though, at which point did he take off his denim shirt? You girls must've been sitting real close?

June 1, 2014 4:31 am  #189

Oh girls! Oh, oh, girls!! What an experience!  I feel so light in my heart and soul just from your reports and pictures and videos an just everything! Love how he can be a complete normal everyday person and like from another planet with his eyes and flawless skin at the same time... There's just one thing I didn't quite get: what was this" I can't stop " all about? Was security chasing him through? Tight schedules? VIP party??

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 1, 2014 5:43 am  #190

Just caught up with your experiences, girls. And I am really really happy for you ... having this brilliant time. 
And clare, that thing with your drawing ... It's amazing!!!!!! A moment which will stay in your heart and mind forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 1, 2014 5:43 am  #191

It really does sound like the perfect experience.. A little board meeting, seeing Ben live, meeting and hugging Louise, pic and twitter with James Rhodes.. And on top of that getting a praise from the man himself..     
i can imagine it takes some time until you arrive back in reality..  .

June 1, 2014 6:01 am  #192

It really will, I woke with a start at 6.15 after only 4hrs sleep just with his face and those words in my head, over and over and over. I'm never ever gonna forget it! And when I say that I mean all of it. Hay is a magical place for me - I will go back.

There seemed to be instruction, for whoever asked, that they shouldn't sign things. And as for stopping I can also understand why. It's difficult to describe the layout (maybe Teejay et al can explain better) but needless to say if he HAD stopped he'd have never restarted. Plus I'm pretty sure when I met him he was already running late (quelle surprise!) for an event he wanted to watch (an Ian McEwan talk I believe).

You should also know that from twitter last night, Marcus Brigstocke tweeted he and Benedict were dancing to Stevie wonder at a bookshop party in town at about 2am. For those interested the song was living for the city

He then responded to someone;

"@marcusbrig: @ReshmaW We looked all kinds of good. Sweaty, posh, awkward... But good."

What I wouldn't give to have seen that!!

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 6:18 am  #193

I've just seen, Teejay, the Independent newspaper website has used one of your videos for the Hay coverage??!!!

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 6:58 am  #194

They have? Wow, I'm flattered. Do you have a direct link, by any chance?

As for the description of the layout, there were lots of tents and roofed areas spread over a rectangular area that were connected by hard floored gangways, which people tended to stick to because the terrain outside of these gangways was very muddy. There were hundreds of people milling about at any given time. If Benedict had stopped anywhere in an area open to the public, he would have been surrounded by a crowd in no time. So, yes, I can very much understand he didn't stop.

Last edited by TeeJay (June 1, 2014 7:08 am)

June 1, 2014 7:01 am  #195

June 1, 2014 7:09 am  #196

Gorgeous videos, the light and shade of them.... One so joyful. One so tragic.

Oh god I'm never going to get over this, am I?

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 7:18 am  #197

I don't blame you!! It must be etched on your memory. I'd love to see those eyes up close - they sound amazing, and even in the wonderful pics on here, they look almost blue; the real colour sounds stunning.
I'm going to read the Letters of Note book again just to try to imagine him reading those letters!
( I can totally understand why he couldn't stop, btw - probs instructed not to by security because of the crowds).

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 7:25 am  #198

Hi guys, we're still in amuddy field in Hay, but at least there's some reception! The James Rhodes concert was amazing, and he's a very funny guy as well! Ben was sitting three rows in front of us, I had a great view of him throughout. Afterwards, he kind of had to flee though, as people were literally on bis heels, and he seemed uncomfortable. There was one moment where we thought one lady would jump him, and when he went through a door to safety ("for artists only"), another one actually grabbed his arm. Apart from that, everyone behaved well. :-) It was great meeting you, girls! Laterz!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 1, 2014 7:31 am  #199

Glad you're having a great time I'd love to hear James play.
Isn't it a shame that people don't know when to back off with Ben though? Grabbing at him is so rude!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 7:47 am  #200

Ohhh amazing you got to hear James play! He really is a genius.

Whoa! We don't need that kind of behaviour. Poor Ben. Hope he doesn't have to face these sort of fans too much. 

Board footera