BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2014 9:07 pm  #1

Horses

Noticed today that we are a few equestrians here, and we all seem to do totally different things. Share your stories with us! For how long have you been riding? Do you do anything special? Do you own your own horse?

I've been riding for 9 years, I started taking lessons when I was 8 on Icelandic horses. I did ride a few times before I was 8, mostly my cousins Icelandics.
When I was 10 I began to ride non-Icelandic horses, mostly ponies. I had two ponies (not at the same time tho) that I took especially care of. Unfortunately both of them died before they reached the age of 7. One had a chronic illness and the other one got hurt in the pasture so badly that she had to be put to sleep. Since the last one died (late 2011) I've found it hard to pick a favourite out of the ones in my stable. It's like a piece of me died with the horses I really loved.
Two year ago my stable (were I took riding lessons) closed and I had nowhere to be. I quickly realised that I wanted to go back to Icelandic horses, and there's where I am now.
So at the moment I just ride because it's fun. When I was around 13 I competed and stuff, but I soon realised that wasn't my thing. I'm more of the ride-in-the-forest-type.

Board footera