BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2014 6:31 pm  #141

Re: Favourite Quotes from Fan Fics *warning - possible adult content*

Sounds beautiful - you just inspired me to check this one out. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 3, 2014 6:33 pm  #142

I think she has good ones and great ones. Vena Cava is one of the latter, to me 

Oh, and it has something incredibly gorgeous that I didn't even post here ... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 3, 2014 6:34 pm  #143

Oh, I have an idea. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 3, 2014 6:38 pm  #144

Sssshhht, Susi! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 3, 2014 6:45 pm  #145

The Progress of Sherlock Holmes - ivyblossom Attempts and Confessions

John is trying to figure out ...

“Did you play like that for your...your ex-...” a pause. “Your....” he reaches for a word and fails to find one. I know what he’s cycling through: girlfriends, boyfriends, not sure which to use. Surely he must know by now that I have a preference. Can’t imagine me with either men or women, struggling to pronounce the words at all? Or he can, he can imagine me with both and cannot choose between them? Not wanting to be offensive, to make assumptions. (Making erroneous assumptions: it’s what we do best.) Finally he settles on: “Did you play for your...former lovers?” Gender neutral. A strike for political correctness. Bravo, John.

... and this is what he learns ...

“Don’t have any.”
Tchaikovsky again? Or something else? Tchaikovsky will always please him, will always be seductive.
“No former ones?” A short laugh. “Are you still sleeping with them, then?”
What an odd presumption. John really observes nothing about me at all if he imagines that’s true. Perhaps that is the sub-conversation here: is John feeling jealous of people who do not exist? “No. I haven’t had any lovers.” Concerto in D? Is one Tchaikovsky piece as good as the next for John? Place fingers; prepared.
“What?” Genuine surprise. “None at...” Another sentence he won’t finish. None at all. That’s right John. I suppose that’s odd. Unexpected. I don’t really care. “Oh.” He exhales. “I.” Possibly the shortest sentence ever uttered. A lengthy pause. I stroke my violin strings, wait for him to make sense of it.

... and John is getting deeper ...

He rubs his index finger against his lip. “Well, at first, you know, I did sort of wonder about that. You did say it wasn’t your area. I remember that. I mean, I figured...maybe you weren’t currently interested in...well, a relationship. A difficult break up, or something. Later I wondered if maybe you, uh...you didn’t have...”
Didn’t have what? If I had a useless therapist like John’s I’m sure I would have had this conversation multiple times already, but largely people don’t share their opinions of my sexual history (or lack thereof) with me. I have noted that many people presume I have no drives whatsoever in that area, making them oddly relaxed and pliant in my presence. The asexual male: not entirely a man, most definitely not a woman. The issues of neither. Absurd set of ideas. But a useful fiction. Didn’t realize John subscribed to it, in whole or in part. Is this why he was (has been) hesitant with me?

... but he had not imagined this!

John licks his lips. Nervousness. Oddly appealing. John’s tongue. Flash of sense memory: John’s tongue on my lips, in my mouth, and (briefly) against my (right) earlobe. The evidence of physical desire (his against my hip, mine on his thigh) plain. Obvious. Surely he noted that. Had he imagined until then that I didn’t have any need for sex? (Needs can exist without being fulfilled.) Or did he think I had no desire (for anyone, result of a difficult break up, damaged, emotionally scarred, or for him in particular)? Kisses and stroking and touches that were endless but never resulting in sex: a year-long experiment in my sexuality? (Well played, John!) Or did he wonder if I lacked the ability to become physically aroused, perhaps? (Did he wonder that? Picture him imagining it, in the dark, alone with his erection in his fist, being my miracle cure, his hands, his mouth. Intoxicating thought.)
John has not yet finished that sentence, and I have already deduced at least two of his masturbatory fantasies involving me and solved at least one riddle of my own.

October 4, 2014 7:45 am  #146

The Progress of Sherlock Holmes - ivyblossom

Analysis and Evidence

The collection of chemicals (me) shifts, tilts, fills to the brim. Becomes unstable. Feel the surge of norepinephrine and vasopressin joining the constant flush of dopamine his presence elicits: feel it in the rush of emotions that rise to the surface of me. Aching (desperate and unstoppable) love, lust, adoration. For him. Only for him. (Always.) Imagine the brain MRI of this moment (his left hand rubbing a pattern against my ribs, his lips sucking a mark into my neck); my thalamus, my posterior hippocampus, occipital cortex. Bright spots of lust and desperate need visible and obvious. Undeniable. His name carved there in oxytocin. Chemical mind games. The brain’s natural addictions. (I love you, I love you, I love you.)

The sound of his shoes against the floor; don’t want to watch him leave but I can hear it just as well. Shoes on the carpet. He stops, buttons his coat. The door opens and closes (lightly, it’s early, he doesn’t want to wake Mrs. Hudson, doesn’t want to disturb me). His shoes against the stairs, one by one, the slow descent. (No limp. Not a trace.) He stops halfway down, left foot slowly settles on the sixth stair. Slightly rustle of the fabric of his coat. Pause. (What’s he doing?) Is he changing his mind? Considering his options, thinking about coming back, pulling his coat off again, curling up in bed with me, cheek against the back of my neck? Kiss me there, I would roll over, kiss him back, rest my head against his chest to hear the pleasant and reassuring sound of his beating heart. Dopamine. Oxytocin. Serotonin. Vasopressin: creating the pathways to solidify this impossible pair bond. Making me silly with love. Biological basis for human attachment. I have become attached. (Don’t leave, John.)

Is this true? Does the evidence support such a thesis? It all slots into place: when I text him, he texts back. When I ask for his presence, he appears. If I kiss him, he kisses me back. When he is naked and pressed against me there is no guilt in him. I am an exception. I ask him to stay and he stays. (John: are you already mine?)

Compose a text to John.
I’m your chaos. You’re my order. I need you. SH

October 6, 2014 1:28 pm  #147

Sherlock makes an important deduction

Sudden realisation: the reason why he (left-handed) sleeps on the left side of his bed, leaving the right side for me. The habits of the sexually active. The hopeful. If he sleeps on the left side, and turns toward his bed partner on the right (me, this time, now, in reality and in his imagination), his dominant hand is free. Leaving my dominant hand free as well. To touch him. To stroke him. Always the left side of the bed, leaving the right side empty. An invitation. A request. Hungry imagination. John.

October 6, 2014 1:43 pm  #148

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2014 2:07 pm  #149

Now, this here should not be read by the squeamish nor those with a weak stomach - extremely hilarious, though and post-explicit. In other words: Strictly for science... 

He lays an arm across my shoulders. Weak, loose. Exhales. “Jesus.” Invoked many times tonight. “That was...” Struggles to find words. “Where the hell did you learn...?" Pause. “Oh. God.”
What now?
“Tell me you didn’t stick your fingers into dead men’s rectums to learn how to do that.”

Of course I did. How else could I find a small gland, without any experience, in a place where I cannot see it? How else could I efficiently and effectively locate the proper spot inside the human male body in such a high-pressure situation? There’s simply no substitute for first hand experience. (I can’t make bricks without clay.)

... and how John reacts

He laughs. He laughs so hard he jolts me off his chest. He is laughing hysterically (it is hard to avoid joining in). Roll to one side, prop up chin on my hand. Watch him. Giggle. (Suppose it is a bit funny. To people who don’t have regular access to cadavers and a constant, gnawing curiosity.)

He laughs and laughs, his hand stroking my shoulder. “God, you’re mad.” Tries to kiss me but he can’t stop laughing, rapid breath on my face so much like his panic attack. (The varied emotions of human beings: so much more complicated than their physical states. Agony to ecstasy, despair to delight: look and feel so similar.)

“You’re absolutely stark raving mad, and I love you.” He laughs until tears stream down his face (twice in one night: tears). Wipes his face with his hand. “Oh my god.” The laughter slows down a little and then starts back up again. “I presume you washed your hands afterward.”

“Of course! But it was days ago!” Pause. “I wore gloves.” Obviously. (Does that even need to be said?)

Just makes him laugh harder. He holds his stomach like it’s hurting him. (Must be waking Mrs Hudson by now, who would surely not be as amused as he is.) 3 a.m. fits of laughter; added to the list of inappropriate activities that go on in 221b. At length his laughter subsides enough that he can kiss me (lightly), Presses his tear-wet face against my neck, but he’s still grinning.

Last edited by Harriet (October 6, 2014 2:11 pm)

October 6, 2014 2:10 pm  #150

What a classic! Unbelievable. 

October 6, 2014 3:35 pm  #151

Why wouldn't he experiment on himself?  He has long fingers.  Much more educational than a dead body that can't show response

The story is really good writing, though. I'm not a big fanfic reader but I've dipped into this one from time to time.  It feels like an alternative version of Sherlock rather than one I know (probably because of when it was written). 

October 6, 2014 6:14 pm  #152

Now, that fits!  Where is this from, again? I think I've also read it, but can't recall at the moment 

October 10, 2014 8:35 pm  #153

I like this one from "The Moonlight and the Frost" as Sherlock "discovers" the wonder of John.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1998777/chapters/4623723?view_adult=true

John Watson,” Sherlock murmurs.

“Hmm.”

“How are you the way you are?”

“Hmm?”

“You’re so ordinary on the outside,” Sherlock says quietly, his fond tone a counterpoint to his not-exactly-complimentary words.

“I hope there’s a ‘but’ coming,” John replies, amused.

“But,” Sherlock says. “On the inside of you, there’s a whole universe. Solar systems and galaxies and supernovas and nebulae and quasars. Is quasar a real word? It feels funny on my tongue.”

“Yes,” John affirms. “It’s a real word.”

“Anyway.” Sherlock snuggles closer and sighs. “Inside of you… you’re a miracle. You’re amazing. You’re the whole of creation inside one ordinary human being. John Watson, how are you possible?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 10, 2014 8:42 pm  #154

That's lovely, KP 

October 10, 2014 9:13 pm  #155

*swoon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 11, 2014 12:55 am  #156

Now that's tru wuv.

October 11, 2014 6:05 am  #157

Wonderful quote, KP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 11, 2014 9:12 am  #158

Ivyblossom: The Progress of Sherlock Holmes

With a Little Help from my Friends...

“I just wanted to...” Mrs Hudson looks at her plate, then back up at me. “I’m sorry for yelling at you and John the other day. I shouldn’t have, it’s really none of my business.”
Ah. An apology. (Should have guessed that. Apology for losing her temper. I’d nearly forgotten.)
“Quite all right.” Give her the faint smile that suggests that it is.
(It’s fine. Of course it’s fine. It’s Mrs Hudson.)

“It was obvious, Sherlock! Obvious!” My emotional state, my desires, my deep-seated devotion to my one-time flatmate. Obvious? Only to Mrs Hudson, apparently. “I’m sorry, sweetheart, I just feel protective of you.” Sad, plaintive eyes. “I know how happy he makes you. It pains me to see you hurt. Abandoned. Left alone by someone you love so much.”

(How did she know? Clearly Mrs Hudson possesses deductive abilities that far surpass those of the average human.)

“It’s just not right.” She furrows her brow and shakes her head. “A heart as big as yours, broken, it’s a terrible thing.”

She smiles. “Good.” Stands, adjusts the cellophane on the plate, protects her tarts. “Good. Then everything will be just fine. If you’ve got love, Sherlock, everything will be all right.”

Kiss her cheek. She squeezes my fingers. “Tell him he’s forgiven.” She pats my face with her warm hand. Rubs my elbow. Affection. Listen to her kitten heels against the stairs. “As long as he doesn’t leave you again.” She smiles at me, then ducks back into her flat.

Strange.

Pull out my phone. Text John.
Mrs Hudson says all is forgiven. She may be a genius. Apparently all we need is love. SH

Down the stairs. Close the door behind me. Hail a taxi. Lestrade is waiting; a serial killer! Haven’t seen one of those in ages.
Phone: John responds quickly. Must be bored. Rub my thumb over his name on the screen. John.
Great! Now that song is going to be in my head all day.

Song? Doesn’t matter.
Serial killer. Newham. Can you come? SH

Last edited by Harriet (October 11, 2014 9:14 am)

October 11, 2014 11:11 am  #159

Mrs. Hudson shipped it first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 11, 2014 11:14 am  #160

And you "ship it even harder" 

Board footera